Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Online Leagues

OOTP 16 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 16 online league? This is the right forum for you.

View Poll Results: Does your league have an RSS feed URL exclusive to your news or press releases?
No 6 100.00%
Yes 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
trident
All Star Reserve

Survey - How many leagues have an RSS feed for their news?

For those who don't know me, I run GM Games - Sports General Manager Video Games. A site that has been around for 5 years covering and encouraging text based sports management games just like OOTP.

I have an idea for a new area of our site to provide more coverage for online leagues... What I'd like to know from the commish's here...

How many of you have an RSS available from your website or forum section that shares the blog posts or news around your league?

Thanks again,
Chris @ GM Games

Last edited by trident; 04-23-2015 at 10:09 PM.
trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

I have never seen a leagu that does and I have been playing online for 14 versions now (granted a few/lot of them pre date the beginning of RSS) and the heyday of rss is gone now, IMO ....
Old 04-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
MrFridayMorning
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's an interesting proposition for sure. You just need the right type of league, GMs and commish to make it worthwhile. A lot of leagues don't try to be "writing" leagues and so an RSS feed wouldn't really appeal to those type of players. If there's enough writing and the GMs are into it, then I think an RSS feed is at least interesting.
MrFridayMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
trident
All Star Reserve

Our flagship league MLB Pro | Taking OOTP 15 Baseball One Day at a Time does .. the feed link for RSS is this MLB Pro and is native to wordpress CMS.

But I'm looking to consolidate from a network of leagues that would be news content broadcast.

RSS feeds also can be fed from forums that are related to press releases or stories. We feed those stories to our flagship football league -> http://global-league-football.com

Some of you may have it but don't even know it yet. Anyhow, any 'writing' leagues in forums or websites want me to have a look to see if you have a configuration that works, let me know. I'll likely launch this project anyhow.

Last edited by trident; 04-25-2015 at 01:43 PM.
trident is offline   Reply With Quote