Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

3 Things I feel should be brought back...

As a long time player of OOTP I feel version 15 is a great game. However, While 15 made some very nice strides I feel it took a step back in some areas. Here are 3 functions I would like to see returned in version 16.

Uniform numbers- This is definite step back. Used to be there was a drop down menu that listed available uniform numbers. It was fast and simple. Now you have to go into player editor to change a number and you have no idea who has what number without having to look at every player on your roster. Please return the drop menus.

Coaches Page- This concerns the Team/Front Office/Personnel page. While your able to see a "Major League Personnel" page with the Manager/Coach attributes you don't have the same option for your minor leagues without having to switch leagues which seems like a lot of unnecessary steps to take just to view the manager/coaches page of your minor leagues. While I do like 1 page that lists all Managers/coaches within your entire organization it would be nice to also see their Managing/Coaching abilities on the same page.

Team Page Background/Text colors- This has been 1 change in version 15 I do not like. In past versions we could set the background/text color to whatever color we liked. Now on team pages were restricted to a black background with white text. I would like to see these team screens totally customizable as to the color schemes we choose with no restrictions.

On field player boxes Background/Text colors. This was another change I do not care for. When playing out my games the on field player boxes are now using only the teams primary color with white lettering. I really enjoyed the previous versions where you could use the teams primary color as a background then use whatever color you chose for the text lettering. For example if I had the Oakland A's I always used the green for background then I used the yellow for the text color. That option is now gone. Your only able to choose 1 color and that is whatever primary color you want but your stuck with white lettering. The on field player boxes are now broken down to 3 colors. The teams primary color in upper half of box with a charcoal/black in the lower half of the players box with white lettering. I would also like to see these player boxes totally customizable controlling the upper and lower sections of the players boxes with whatever color we choose along with whatever text color we want.

Last edited by BCStone; 07-20-2014 at 03:51 PM.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
Quinton_Upchurch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post

On field player boxes Background/Text colors. This was another change I do not care for. When playing out my games the on field player boxes are now using only the teams primary color with white lettering. I really enjoyed the previous versions where you could use the teams primary color as a background then use whatever color you chose for the text lettering. For example if I had the Oakland A's I always used the green for background then I used the yellow for the text color. That option is now gone. Your only able to choose 1 color and that is whatever primary color you want but your stuck with white lettering. The on field player boxes are now broken down to 3 colors. The teams primary color in upper half of box with a charcoal/black in the lower half of the players box with white lettering. I would also like to see these player boxes totally customizable controlling the upper and lower sections of the players boxes with whatever color we choose along with whatever text color we want.
The option to change text color during games was added to 15 in the second patch. See below:
Attached Images
Quinton_Upchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

Oh cool....Thanks I didn't know you could do that.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Uniform Numbers: As I understand it, Markus wanted to consolidate some of the menus to make the learning curve easier for new users. I think most if not all of the changes make sense. Sure, it may be an extra click, but I wonder just how often a user ever changes a uniform number. Also, in the most recent patch, Markus included an automatic check for duplicate uniform numbers. So, if you choose a number that already exists, a popup message will alert you.

Coaches Page: I think I understand your complaint. But all you have to do is use the dropdown menu located next to the team name on the same screen. See screenshot below.
Attached Images

Last edited by pstrickert; 07-20-2014 at 06:09 PM.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Sure, it may be an extra click, but I wonder just how often a user ever changes a uniform number.
Ideally you would be right and people wouldn't have to change uniform numbers often. With the way the AI handles uniform numbers now, though, it's often necessary to change at least 1 after transactions. The old drop down menu from 14 was just much more convenient than the current method IMO.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if it's protocol to add to the list of bring-backs or we should only comment on yours, but I'd like to see some form of the Spring Training focus assignments return, even if it's labeled Personal Development Plan or such, and of course make it optional.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
Ideally you would be right and people wouldn't have to change uniform numbers often. With the way the AI handles uniform numbers now, though, it's often necessary to change at least 1 after transactions. The old drop down menu from 14 was just much more convenient than the current method IMO.
Agreed with this. The drop down menu was considerably simpler.
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Just curious. How does the AI handle uniform numbers after a trade that makes it problematic?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote