Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

"Enter Game if..." option

I sim most of my games. Occasionally, I'll miss a no-hitter or something awesome in-game, and wish I was in PBP for it. I also love managing certain types of games in PBP (close games, extra inning games).

I'd love an option to select certain criteria (say, any game where one side has allowed no hits through 7 innings, or any game for your team that goes past the 12th inning) and get an alert of some sort when a game is being simulated that meets your criteria. You'd then have the option to stop the simulation and enter PBP and manage the rest of the game from that point.

I dunno if it's feasible, but it'd be a fantastic addition IMO.
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

I don't normally play out games but I would love to see this happen when you click on "Sim Today" or "Sim To Certain Date" as well. It would definitely add to the immersion in the game. Like you're watching highlights on ESPN or MLB Network and they break away to show a no-hitter happening.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
BigMac
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
interesting
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
toddgregory
Major Leagues

I know now you can sim til there are Runners in scoring position. But you do miss Home Runs that way... Would be nice if you are simming that way to get a popup message that says "so and so just hit a homerun...
toddgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
glk77
Bat Boy

I'm fairly certain that a similar feature appeared in previous versions. It may be going back quite a ways, but I remember a function that allowed you to jump into games where a player had the chance to reach an important milestone (3000 hits, for example). It may have also included the ability to jump into ongoing no hitters and the like; in any case, it certainly seems feasible based on past experience.

Of course, I could also be mis-remembering all of this...
glk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
goroyals
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by glk77 View Post
I'm fairly certain that a similar feature appeared in previous versions. It may be going back quite a ways, but I remember a function that allowed you to jump into games where a player had the chance to reach an important milestone (3000 hits, for example). It may have also included the ability to jump into ongoing no hitters and the like; in any case, it certainly seems feasible based on past experience.

Of course, I could also be mis-remembering all of this...
No, you're right, this was in the old generations of games. Up to like OOTP 6.5 I think.

IIRC, you had a few options on what you wanted to watch, which you could select/deselect at your choosing.

The career milestones were like:
-3000th hit
-500th HR
-Maybe 300W or 500S (not sure on these)

The one game accomplishments:
-I think if a player had 5 hits, and he came up again you could watch that.
-3 HR's already
- Might have been one for a player one hit short of a cycle.
- No-hitter in the ninth.

It was certainly a neat feature, because you felt like you were there for all the historical moments in your league. It got a little tedious when some 40yr vet with miserable ratings took like 90 AB to get that 500th HR, but in that case just click "no thanks" or deselect the option all together.

Would like to see this make it back in.
goroyals is offline   Reply With Quote