Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #41
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J McGraw View Post
And how exactly has the pbp been improved? Thanks.
1. Nearly every line of PbP was reviewed. And I would guess that about 1000 or more lines were refined.

2. Hundreds of new lines of PbP were added. Most of these will be inconspicuous. Quality over quantity this time.

3. Numerous suggestions for improving the PbP have been compiled and submitted. Markus said he will act on these suggestions "soon." If you wish, you can PM Markus and give him a little nudge. Every little bit helps!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #42
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Looks like to me the issue I had with the visiting team not all wearing visiting uniforms was fixed (when playing out a game), thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #43
lifeafteraccounting
Bat Boy

Still crashing

I've installed the Build 4 patch using the PC Installer. I'm playing a fantasy league against the AI. I played one game and it worked. The second and third game both crashed.

Any suggestions?
lifeafteraccounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #44
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Hey guys, need anyones help, im stupid with computer stuff.. i cleared browsing history/cache..
If it matters Im a preorder customer trying to update my game..
When I click the download link (ive tried them all) I keep getting the same thing..
I click "save file" from the grey box that pops up.. right after that it disappears and does nothing. But it shows up in my download file, so I go in there, click on the "ootp14setup" icon and I get the same popup message, it says:
C:/Documents and Settings/Admin/My Documents/Downloads/ootp14setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application
Anybody know at all what this could mean or what I can do? I had no problem initially downloading the game when it was released.
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #45
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
Hey guys, need anyones help, im stupid with computer stuff.. i cleared browsing history/cache..
If it matters Im a preorder customer trying to update my game..
When I click the download link (ive tried them all) I keep getting the same thing..
I click "save file" from the grey box that pops up.. right after that it disappears and does nothing. But it shows up in my download file, so I go in there, click on the "ootp14setup" icon and I get the same popup message, it says:
C:/Documents and Settings/Admin/My Documents/Downloads/ootp14setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application
Anybody know at all what this could mean or what I can do? I had no problem initially downloading the game when it was released.
There's probably a reason I'm too slow to figure out on a quick read, but I would try this for a start. Change the name to whatever.exe and see if it will execute. And the folder location confuses me a little. You are on a PC, right? Would seem so if you're getting the win32 popup. Just want to be sure.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #46
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeafteraccounting View Post
I've installed the Build 4 patch using the PC Installer. I'm playing a fantasy league against the AI. I played one game and it worked. The second and third game both crashed.

Any suggestions?
When is it crashing? During the game? Markus noted a suggestion to turn off ball animation in those cases until patch 2 comes out. Did you try that?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #47
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

Thanks so much Endgame..
yes I am on a pc... what did you mean by saying for me to try changing it to "whatever.exe?" I dont know what I should be changing it to? I'm sorry if this is really simple and im just not getting it!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #48
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
Thanks so much Endgame..
yes I am on a pc... what did you mean by saying for me to try changing it to "whatever.exe?" I dont know what I should be changing it to? I'm sorry if this is really simple and im just not getting it!
Oh, no problem. Just select the file, click F2- or right-click and select rename -then type in whatever or ootptest, whatever you want to name it, and see if it runs with the new name.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #49
DubiumLibertas
Bat Boy

Talking

Another excellent release this year, guys. You astound me each and every year. Great job!
DubiumLibertas is offline   Reply With Quote