Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What do the new “draft HS target % and draft Junior College grade %” actually mean?

Probably a dumb question, but I’d like to hear an explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
batrightythrowlefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The draft HS pct is meant to roughly approximate what portion of the draft will come from high school vs college players. The JuCo pct is meant for undrafted HS players what portion of them will go to junior college vs full colleges.

Now, a note is that they will act slightly differently if you're using feeders in your universe or going with the default setup. With feeders, those numbers only really impact the number of teams and leagues that you need in your universe. Once you have created those leagues, the percentages will have less of an impact on things.

In a non-feeder universe, them the numbers won't be perfect, because players get created years ahead of time, so it may fluctuate over time. But again, it should roughly set up the distribution of eligible players.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The draft HS pct is meant to roughly approximate what portion of the draft will come from high school vs college players. The JuCo pct is meant for undrafted HS players what portion of them will go to junior college vs full colleges.

Now, a note is that they will act slightly differently if you're using feeders in your universe or going with the default setup. With feeders, those numbers only really impact the number of teams and leagues that you need in your universe. Once you have created those leagues, the percentages will have less of an impact on things.

In a non-feeder universe, them the numbers won't be perfect, because players get created years ahead of time, so it may fluctuate over time. But again, it should roughly set up the distribution of eligible players.

What if I’m not using feeders and I just want an all HS draft? If I set it to 100% HS and 100% JC, will there be no 4 year school prospects?

That’s what I’m trying to do for my fictional league.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
andyhdz
All Star Starter

they changed it so if you set it to 100% HS players who are not drafted do NOT go on to college and instead become free agents.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #5
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What do the new “draft HS target % and draft Junior College grade %” actually mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
they changed it so if you set it to 100% HS players who are not drafted do NOT go on to college and instead become free agents.

So if I have 50% HS and 20% JUCO, does that mean 50% of the draft players will be HS, with 20% of the undrafted HS players going to JUCO.

Sorry if I’m not understanding this. I also don’t have feeder leagues on. Just a fictional league with default college and high school (real life schools).

I’m a newer player, running my first fictional league.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batrightythrowlefty View Post
So if I have 50% HS and 20% JUCO, does that mean 50% of the draft players will be HS, with 20% of the undrafted HS players going to JUCO.

Sorry if I’m not understanding this. I also don’t have feeder leagues on. Just a fictional league with default college and high school (real life schools).

I’m a newer player, running my first fictional league.

Yes, basically 50% of your draft pool will come from HS, and 50% will come from colleges. 20% of the HS players who are not drafted or go unsigned will go through a JuCo program (it's hard to say what pct exactly of the draft will be JuCo kids, since they're eligible both years they go to JuCo, whereas college kids are only eligible after a couple years)
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #7
batrightythrowlefty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, basically 50% of your draft pool will come from HS, and 50% will come from colleges. 20% of the HS players who are not drafted or go unsigned will go through a JuCo program (it's hard to say what pct exactly of the draft will be JuCo kids, since they're eligible both years they go to JuCo, whereas college kids are only eligible after a couple years)

Ok, just to confirm, this is how it is for default leagues with NO FEEDERS.