Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
sstrweaver13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FEEDER League question

When adding a feeder for a standard MLB season, does anyone know the exact number of college teams, JUCO teams, and high school teams are added to the game?

I'm at work right now so I cant just add one and see haha

Thanks!
sstrweaver13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:07 AM   #2
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstrweaver13 View Post
When adding a feeder for a standard MLB season, does anyone know the exact number of college teams, JUCO teams, and high school teams are added to the game?

Thanks!
It doesn't work that way. Adding a feeder league will generate a number of fictional college or high school teams (whichever level you picked) equal to the number of major league teams in the league whose draft it's feeding. You can add, subtract teams, rename them and select logos and uniforms during the creation process. The feeder will behave as an independent minor league for the most part. Only when players reach "graduation" age they will be released into the draft pool of the associated league.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:01 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Can't speak for standard MLB, but I have an expanded MLB (36 teams) with 5 levels of minors. (AAA, AA, A, SA, R).

When I used the option in setup to "add a complete feeder system", the game created 2 HS leagues of 32 teams each, 1 JUCO league with 12 teams, and 1 College league with 36 teams.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #4
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

I’ve played OOTP for at least 7-8 years and generally play mostly in the modern era. I’ve never used feeder leagues but am curious about adding it.

What are the pros and cons?

And how do you apply feeder leagues to a modern era league? If it’s too complicated to write out then don’t bother. Just curious if it’s somewhat easy to explain. Thanks in advance.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstrweaver13 View Post

Thanks!
The better question is what are you going to use feeders before? I only ask because most people only added them so that they could scout players in multiple draft classes. With the new future draft pool feature, feeders leagues for a lot of players are no longer necessary.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

The difference between feeders and the new multiple draft classes is that with feeders, your draft class has actually played games, where as with the multiple draft classes, they are still just game generated stats.

That is how Matt explained it.

I can see the pros/cons to both sides, and am still undecided as to whether I will add feeders or not.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #7
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Sim time increases. You will have more feeder teams then your entire universe.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:31 PM   #8
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Feeders can also be used historical or created ones to just got to select College or High School.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:58 AM   #9
alphington
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
where as with the multiple draft classes, they are still just game generated stats.

That is how Matt explained it.
I'm curious about what people think about the new draftee generated stats - I am still using ootp20 where i play a fictional league that has feeder leagues - it took many hours of trial and error to get it working properly but it now produces about the right amount and mix of draftees with proper stats from 3 seasons of HS oe College. I rely on these stats a lot when drafting as i play a version of stats only (watered down).

Can we put as much faith in the 21 version of game generated stats or would actual game stats from a feeder system always trump those?

The answer to this would help me decide whether to get 21 or stick to 20 as I tend to sim a lot so 3D improvements etc are not things I would notice. If the new system works as well as real feeder leagues i would simply do away with the feeders for a slimmed down game.

Thanks!
alphington is offline   Reply With Quote