Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-09-2020, 05:55 AM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Rare 4 Homer Game

4 home runs in one game is very rare. I had one other player do it a number of seasons ago, but that was a 15 inning game.

This was done in a 9 inning game.
_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:57 AM   #2
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Wow, just barely squeaked that 4th one in with his last chance.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

I have a 50-league universe that's been going on since 2006, and the Continental League since 1988. The CBL has never had a four-homer game. 48 of the leagues in my universe have never had a four-homer game, and probably 15 of those leagues have never had a three-homer game.

But someone named Elmer Myers in the fictional, independent Southern Maryland League hit four homers in a game on 6/6/12 for the Chesapeake Beach Sunburn. That year he had 54 homers and 122 RBI in 107 games. He was a 35-year-old veteran who'd previously had several cups of coffee in the major league CBL, and the Japanese leagues.

I also have a very low-level international league in Sao Tome, a small island country off of the west coast of Africa. They have a 220+ game schedule and some wacky offensive levels and a few parks with short fences. Five players have had four-homer games there.

And Ignacio Muniz... had a five homer game last year. The Sao Tome Conglomeration has very small rosters, and in this game the Sao Tome Armadillos were already up by over 20 runs when Santana brought in their backup first baseman to pitch. Tagashashi Aoki gave up 16 runs in 2.1 innings to finish off the game, which ended up 44-12. The league had a .960 OPS overall, but 44 runs was completely unusual even for them. An average game sees 7.6 runs. In any case, Muniz went 6-for-6 with five homers, a single and three walks. His game score of 235 was more than 80 points higher than any other player all year.

If you exclude the Sao Tome Baseball Conglomeration I estimate that I see a four-homer game about once every 20,000 games.

Last edited by CBL-Commish; 04-09-2020 at 09:47 AM.
CBL-Commish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
4 home runs in one game is very rare. I had one other player do it a number of seasons ago, but that was a 15 inning game.

This was done in a 9 inning game.
_

Yeah, I had Y. Gurriel from Astros have a 4 HR night with 11 RBI. He alone scored 11,230 points or somewhere near that number
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I can't remember which version it was, I think around 15, but I remember Markus posting about a game he had where ARod hit 5 in one game.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:11 PM   #6
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Never had it happen. Honestly didn’t think it was possible. Glad to see it can happen.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote