Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
CleRocks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Custom League Player ratings

I must be missing something. I have both OOTP 20 and 21 and have started a Custom League on both using historical players that are drafted in the Inaugural Draft. The historical players are loaded into the draft thru a bulk import list I created. Up to this point there is no problem with the rating. Before the draft a player like Roger Hornsby is a 5 Star player (Con - 80, Gap - 80, Power - 80) or Cobb 5 Star (Con - 80, Gap - 80, Power - 65) but after the draft the rating drop. Hornsby is 4.5 Stars (Con - 70, Gap - 75, Power - 65) or Cobb 4 Stars (Con - 75, Gap - 65, Power - 60). This happens across the board. Then after spring training ratings drop again. Some players drop from 5 Stars to 3 Stars. Did I miss a button to click on when setting up the league to keep ratings the same as they were imported? I want to play a league using the best players with the highest ratings, is this possible? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
CleRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
backupbatboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do you have scouting accuracy 100%? Possible that your scout lives under a rock and hasn't heard of these players.
backupbatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
CleRocks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry I forgot to add that. Yes I have the scouting at 100% Accuracy
Old 04-08-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

are the values the same in the 'ratings editor numbers 1-250' from OOTP20 and 21... we had different overall and potential values after migration, but the ratings editor numbers were still the same... we are on Normal accuracy though.......
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
CleRocks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I checked the values and they are close. One other thing I checked is their ratings editor numbers are basically the same before the draft where they might be rated an 80 and after when they are rated a 67. Tried a new league and held the draft and for an example Hank Aaron 80 rating (Con - 75, Gap - 70, Pow - 80) and after the draft 70 rating (Con - 60, Gap - 50, Pow - 65) with the editor number within a point or two.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:10 AM   #6
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Ratings Differences

Check what your AI settings are set for for both 20 and 21. If they are different change one so they are the same and recompute. Then check these players again. Also, one thing to remember, the AI has NO idea about names of players, it has no idea who they are. Players are nothing more than numbers to it.

Hope this helps! Have a good night.

Palaaemon
Old 04-11-2020, 03:39 AM   #7
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Star ratings are relative to the player pool in your universe.

Star ratings don't matter like the editor numbers do. That is why when you view them their real numbers don't change.

If your league is all super stars it'll curve down to 3 stars.

Other example. Drop a normal 2.5 star player in say the Italian league in that league he is a 5 star player. His ratings didn't change but the player pool did and the stars and ratings reflect that.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote