Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #21
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPibb View Post
But i'm moving right up with them. That seems to be my issue. I had a winning record each year, never sniffing the division leads and I'm moving up right along with the whales.

It seems like team composition should be a factor vs pure win-loss. I'm mostly all gold at this point, the guy ahead of me is all diamond and perfects, and some poor guy in the basement is still mostly all silver.

Things might eventually even out, but us three teams have no business playing in the same league, let alone division.

So far, I am not at all impressed with this games matchmaking.
It doesn't really have matchmaking. It's a pyramid like English football. It's just for the first 8 weeks or whatever it takes time to slot everybody. The game runs for two years so it isn't really that long.

You will hit a level where you can't compete and down you'll go. I have a team that is likely to be relegated from Stone League. I'm neither upset nor happy. I'll just keep trying to build that team.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #22
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPibb View Post
But i'm moving right up with them. That seems to be my issue. I had a winning record each year, never sniffing the division leads and I'm moving up right along with the whales.

It seems like team composition should be a factor vs pure win-loss. I'm mostly all gold at this point, the guy ahead of me is all diamond and perfects, and some poor guy in the basement is still mostly all silver.

Things might eventually even out, but us three teams have no business playing in the same league, let alone division.

So far, I am not at all impressed with this games matchmaking.
Fewer teams will get promoted each year. Go take a look at the Universe page and you will see how it works. If you keep getting promoted then you are still one of the better teams. Eventually, there is going to be 1 Perfect Level League, only a few Diamond Leagues, etc. Top Levels for just the very best teams.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote