Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-04-2020, 05:07 AM   #1
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Issue with 2021 Draft Pool

Reposting from General Discussions because this is probably a far more appropriate place for this post:

This is not a complaint about the quality of players in Draft Pools, or about rankings in general. My issue seems to be that the pre-set draft class of 2021 consistently fails to advance during the year 2020 if I save or back up my game at any point during the year. This means that players like Luke Leto, Brady House, and Kumar Rocker are only eligible for the draft in 2022 or later, rather than the class they are supposed to highlight. I am convinced this is an issue because it only occurs when I save or backup, with a straight sim to the 2021 draft always featuring the intended players. I am also convinced this is not simply players opting into college or being drafted as a senior as they fail to advance a grade in the status box.

https://imgur.com/a/hTJmwla
As can be seen from day one of the sim, Leto is a HS Junior available in the 2021 draft.

https://imgur.com/a/AeJsuyD
This is a no save/no backup sim, and as can be seen, all is well and Leto is a now draft-eligible senior.

https://imgur.com/a/mRtqMFP
Here we see the issue, as Leto is not only not available in the 2021 draft and remains a HS Junior even after generating a year of stats for 2021. While I am using Leto as an example, this occurs in all pre-made future draftees for 2021, with Leto just serving as a prominent example.

I really have no idea why saving or backing up would cause this, but it is the only variable left between the two saves presented. This is not a small sample size issue, as I have tested this over 10 saves and gotten the same results. I really just wanna tank for Kumar Rocker man, and would appreciate any and all help with this.

EDIT: I'm less convinced now that its tied to saving, but its still happening to me in all these saves, so the core issue remains.

Last edited by Trot Nixon's Waifu; 04-04-2020 at 05:09 AM.
Trot Nixon's Waifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:06 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hmm, definitely doesn't seem right. We'll take a look at this. We might need your league files though, if you can post them, it would help. Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
I may have had the same thing in one of my test leagues.. The 2021 draft pool looked right all the way up to the eve of the pool actually announcing and then the next day almost the entire draft pool became fictional players and everyone else was moved into the 2022 pool. I unfortunately didn't keep the game.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is the file from the save pictured, I have more that I can post later if needed. Not sure if I did this right, never had to upload files before and the link about how to do it is broken.
Attached Files
File Type: zip raggydaggydoo.zip (309 Bytes, 32 views)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

What other leagues did you have active?
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I also have a Royals save that demonstrates the issue, as well as a bunch of throwaways I made to test whatever was causing it.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #7
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Do you have any other leagues you have in your sims besides MLB?
Old 04-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #8
Trot Nixon's Waifu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

***, KPB, and Mexican leagues. Havent even thought to check them yet.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #9
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Thanks. This might be similar to something I have reported. I wonder if you see the same things if you remove all the other leagues and just keep the mlb.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #10
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

I have the same issue. When I started a Quick-Start the 2021 class loaded fine. When I did a new league and manually added all the non-U.S. leagues I had the same issues where the 2021 class became 2022 and I had a fake 2021 class.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:07 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This should be fixed in the latest patch.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #12
Mills
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
This hasn't been fixed since the latest patch sorry to say. Neither has the Game Log issue.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #13
Mills
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Hi Lukas, just to confirm the latest patch hasn't fixed the draft issue. I just did the 2021 player draft and it was largely made up players I believe. JT Ginn, Luke Leto etc now say they will be in the 2022 class. Can I be sure that they will be in the 2022 class or will they just keep getting pushed out?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, so I had another look and yes, it appears that the future draft pool fix didn't actually make it into this version. Apologies on that. It only happens if you have multiple leagues where one league's draft pool reveal ends up being after the other league's draft date (so in this case, the KBO draft reveal in late July being after the MLB's draft in early June). It won't affect all players, either - it seems that players that might be slightly younger for their class like Leto may get pushed back by a year, but they should not get postponed indefinitely.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #15
Mills
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Okay, so I had another look and yes, it appears that the future draft pool fix didn't actually make it into this version. Apologies on that. It only happens if you have multiple leagues where one league's draft pool reveal ends up being after the other league's draft date (so in this case, the KBO draft reveal in late July being after the MLB's draft in early June). It won't affect all players, either - it seems that players that might be slightly younger for their class like Leto may get pushed back by a year, but they should not get postponed indefinitely.
Thanks Matt. I have the US independent leagues and the Nippon league loaded alongside the MLB. I am happy with the 2021 draft being out of whack as long as I know those players who should of been included definitely make the 2022 draft which from what you are saying seems to be the case.