Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #61
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 23rd-August 29th

Real life side note: Today (April 11th) two pitchers in my organization are facing off in real life: Zack Wheeler and Jarlin Garica as the Mets play the Marlins.

August 23rd, 2019: Chase Anderson (3-3, 4.22 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) hosted the Mets and a Northern Ireland native P.J. Conlon (0-2, 11.25 ERA, 1.88 WHIP). He was selected in the 13th round of the 2015 draft, so I'm assuming he moved to the States before college (drafted out of San Diego) and maybe lived here for a while. Anyways, it'd be cool if he made the big leagues in real life like he did in this universe.

Or maybe not sine we lost 10-3. Anderson wasn't great, allowing 4 in 5, but he bested Kyle Barraclough (4 in 0.1) and Jeremy Gabryszwski (2 in 1.2) who I was sick of and would probably DFA...

We had 9 hits, with Tyler Saladino and Anthony Alford the only with more then one. The former doubled, the latter stole a base. Teoscar Hernandez stole one as well, and Ian Kinsler and Jett Bandy had doubles of their own.

I placed Gab on waivers, half hoping he would get claimed, half hoping I could stash him in the minors for depth.

August 24th, 2019: I really wanted a chance to win this series, so we had to win today's match up. Zack Wheeler (6-9, 3.52 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) faced his former employers and Marcos Molina (4-4, 3.61 ERA, 1.40 WHIP).

Winning was the last things on our minds, as we dropped 7-1. Maybe if we lose enough, we can get another top 5 pick!

Wheeler struggled, allowing 10 hits which lead to 5 runs in 4 innings. Mychal Givens and Barraclough allowed runs as well.

Anthony Alford added another steal and drove in the lone run in a 2-for-4 game. We only managed 5 hits as a team, nothing to write home about.

August 25th, 2019: Odrisamer Despaigne is headed to the DL with a torn flexor tendon. The former Marlin wasn't having the best season, 2-6 with a 5.70 ERA in 20 starts.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Tom Eshelman (1-3, 5.01 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) taking on Jacob deGrom (6-7, 3.94 ERA, 1.06 WHIP). Magneuris Sierra made his first big league start.

We got swept, and are now almost 10 games under .500 at 58-67. Luckily, tommorow was an off day to be sad and remember when we were the 2nd Wild Card team. Heck, even when we were in first in the East.

Eshelman, who's only making starts since I'm desperate for innings with all the injuries and bad pitchers, allowed 5 in 5innigns. He gave up 6 hits, walked 1, and struck out 4.

The final score was 7-3, and we did manage 8 hits, but we were swept at home. Again. Joe Mauer had three of the hits, including a pair of doubles. Sierra got his first career double, and backup catcher Luis Torrens went 2-for-4 with an RBI. Alford and Saladino stole bases. Alford has been swiping bases like crazy recently.

We'd get to stay home for the off day, before hosting the Nats for three.

August 26th, 2019: Happy birthday to me! In game, I turned 42 years old! My present? The Marlins are now all the way down to 26 in the "totally legit and useful" powr rankings. That, and Gabeyszwski cleared waivers and would be headed to AAA. I decided to grab Heath Hembree, who was 3-2 with a 2.95 ERA and 1.22 WHIP down in AAA. He was good out of the pen last year, and reclaimed his 40-man roster spot.

Justin Smoak went 5-for-5 as the Jays topped the Royals 11-8. He was a triple away from the cycle, and doubled twice, with a three run shot in the 8th, which gave them the lead they ended up keeping.

August 27th, 2019: Blake Snell is out for the year with a fractured elbow. He was 9-6 with a 3.95 ERA in 25 starts this season.

Joe Ross (1-1, 6.00 ERA, 1.67 WHIP) was on the mound for the visiting Nats. His opponent, Colin McHugh (7-9, 4.85 ERA, 1.43 WHIP), our only pitcher who can qualify for an ERA title. As bad as we've been recently, I keep forgetting all the injuries, especially the major ones, we've faced so far.

McHugh allowed 4 (3 earned) in 4.2 innings during the 6-4 loss. McHugh himslef made the error, so don't feel too bad for last year's Gold Glove winner. Heath Hembree made a great debut, 2 runs in 1 inning off 4 hits. Wow, it seems no one in the system can pitch well. At all...

We had 8 hits, with just Nicky Delmonico not recording a hit for the starting 8 position players. Jett Bandy recorded a pair of hits and scored. Teo doubled, while Alford and Ian Kinsler hit homers. Alford drove in 2, Kinsler 1, and Mauer the last run.

August 28th, 2019: Adalberto Mejia (4-7, 3.95 ERA, 1.31 WHIP) was on the mound against former Cy Young winner Max Scherzer (10-6, 3.91 ERA, 1.28 WHIP).

Mejia was great, allowing just 1 run off 4 hits in 7.1 innings. He didn't walk a single batter, and struck out 7. For some reason John Curtiss picked up a hold, and Brach finally got his 25th save, as we won 2-1.

Charlie Tilson wasn't the whole offense, but he might as well have. He hit a 2 run homer, driving in Nicky Delmonico who doubled in the 7th.

August 29th, 2019: The Reds will be without Homer Bailey for the rest of the year, as he suffers from shoulder inflammation. He's living proof of how record means nothing, as he's 8-4 with a 7.03 ERA. The Cubs will be without Tommy Hunter for the rest of the year as he rehabs his torn flexor tendon. He was having a quality season, a 3.89 ERA with 38 strike outs in 34.2 innings.

The finale saw Erick Fedde (2-2, 4.5 ERA, 1.12 WHIP) and Cody Anderson (3-4, 4.47 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) go head to head. The finale lasted 15 innings since our Anderon gave up 3 in the 8th. Those were the only 3 runs, but I just wish we took him out after 7 shut out. He was cruising, so I can't compaing too much. Mychal Givens gave up 1 in the top of the 13th, but we tied it back up in the bottom half. Fast foward to the 15th and Kevin Chapman allowed a run, and we couldn't score again. We fell 5-4 in the finale, and lost all the dignity we had left.

Through 15 innings we had only 9 hits, and only 1 extra base hit, a Joe Mauer double in the 13th. Him and Teo Hernandez were the only Marlins with multiple hits.

Well, we're now 59-69, so most of the season was a mirage. The real Marlins eventually came out. Looking ahead, we'd finish the month in Atlanta, with Rosters Expanding on the last day of the series. After we'd travel to DC, and then have an off day before returning home.
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #62
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

August 30th-September 5th

August 30th, 2019: The Indians lossed RP Dan Otero for the year with a stretched elbow ligament. He had a 3.91 ERA and 42 strike outs in 66.2 innings.

We arrived in Atlanta, with Zack Wheeler (6-10, 3.75 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) on the mound against Lucas Sims (9-5, 5.50 ERA, 1.39 WHIP). The game went to 10 innings, but by the score, you wouldn't have known. Down 3-2, we scored 1 in the 9th to send the game to extras, and then 6 in the top of the 10th, to secure a 9-3 late inning victory. There was also a 65 minute rain delay in the 9th, so this game ended really late.

Wheeler was alright 3, in 5 with 4 hits a walk and 3 strike outs. The rest of the pen combined for 5 shutout, with Drew Steckenrider getting the win.

Ian Kinsler hit a 2 run homer in the 7th, and then a 2 run double in the 10th. Mauer doubled to leadoff the 9th, and then scored the tieing run. We only had 8 runs, 3 were Kinsler, and he drove in 5.

August 31st, 2019: David Phelps and Lewis Brinson began rehab assignments. Phelps was sent to A+ Jupiter, Brinson to A Greensboro.

Tom Eshelman (1-4, 5.54 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) was on the mound against Chase Whitley (6-2, 3.34 ERA, 1.27 WHIP. Eshelman left the 4th inning with an injury, and the pen allowed 6 runs as we lost 8-4.

Kinsler had another good game, 3 hits in 4 trips, scoring and driving in a run. Him, Joe Mauer, and Teoscar Hernandez all homered. Charlie Tilson and Tyler Saladino doubled, and Kinsler and Hernandez both stole bases as well.

I'd await Eshelman's diagnosis...

Now with the Twins, Daniel Murphey went 6-got-7 in a 28-3 stomping over the Indians. The score looked more like a Vikings-Browns game then a baseball game. All of Murphey's hits were singles, and he also walked and flew out. The only inning he didn't bat in was the 7th.

September 1st, 2019: Rosters expanded today. Other then my rookie league teams, all my minor league teams were still playing games. I'd hold up on callups for now.

Eshelman is ok, he just had hamstring soreness and he'll make his next start if needed.

Colin McHugh (7-10, 4.88 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) sqaured off with Max Fried (0-4, 5.24 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) in the finale. We were shut out 5-0.

McHugh struggled, allowing 5 in 5 off 7 hits and 2 walks with 4 strikeouts. His ERA has now climbed over 5.00 on the season.

We only had 4 hits, 2 singles from Teoscar Hernandez, a double from the starter McHugh, and then a Adeiny Hechavarria single. To his credit, Anthony Alford did walk 3 times.

Looking ahead we'd head home to face the Nationals before taking an off day. The projected starters are Max Scherzer (10-7, 3.85 ERA), Erick Fedde (2-2, 4.43 ERA), and Mike Leake (9-13, 5.27 ERA).

September 2nd, 2019: Power rankins were published, and we're up to 25th now. Can't believe at one point we were top 10...

Adalberto Mejia (5-7, 3.76 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) was on the mound against Max Scherzer (10-7, 3.85 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) in the series opener as we looked to pick up a road sweep.

Mejia allowed 3 in 6 off 5 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts, but it was enough to secure a 5-3 win, as we tagged the former Cy Young winner with 5 in 4.2. Heath Hembree and Jake Diekman picked up holds, while Brad Barch earned his 26th save.

Mejia had a great day swingning the bat, hitting a 3-run homer off Scherzzer in the 5th. Nicky Delmonico was responsible for the other 2 runs, a 2 run homer in the previous inning. Tyler Saladino stole a base, but we only ha 5 hits total, so there wasn't too much offense to go around despite the win.

September 3rd, 2019: Well, Ian Kinsler decided today was the day, and he retired. I assumed it would occur at the end of the year, but I guess not. This season he hit .248/.292/.439 with 17 HR's and 72 RBI's with 13 steals. In his career he hit .271/.336/.444 with 272 HR's, 982 RBI's, 246 stolen bases, and was worth a total of 44.4. The 4-Time All Star and 2016 Gold Glove Winner had a very solid career in the majors. To replace him on the active roster, I called up top prospect Brandon Lowe. Acquired from the Rays in the Mike Ford deal, the lefty hit .288/.361/.453 with 12 HR's and 68 RBI's in 98 games with New Orleans. Generally he'll start, but he's out of the lineup today. I also recalled Lewis Brinson from his rehab assignment.

Cody Anderso n(3-4, 4.39 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) took on Erick Fedde (2-2, 4.43 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) in game two. Brinson was back in the lineup, manning left and hitting 3rd. It took 10 innings, but we edged the Nats 7-5.

Anderson allowed 4 in 6 off 6 hits and 5 strikeouts. Kevin Chapman got the win, and Brad Brach picked up the save.

We had 10 hits in the game, with all starting hitters except Luis Torrens with at leaset a hit. Joe Mauer and Nicky Delmonico both hit homers, while Adieny Hechavarria tripled. Teoscar Hernandez doubled twice, and Brinson doubled in his day back.

The Reds Billy Hamilton recorded a 5-for-6 game in a 4-3 win over the Pirates.

September 4th, 2019: I made a few extra callups, grabbing Yonny Chirinos and Brian Anderson from AAA.

Zack Wheeler (6-10, 3.80 ERA, 1.28 WHIP) was on the mound against Mike Leake (9-13, 5.27 ERA, 1.32 WHIP). Brandon Lowe hit 2nd and played 2nd as he made his major league debut. New callup Brian Anderson was also in the lineup at 3B. We finished off the sweep with a 2-1 win, and it gave us our 63rd win, clinching a non-100 loss season.

Wheeler allowed 7, giving up just 3 hits, a run, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. John Curtiss and Kyle Barraclough earned saves, while Steceksaurus got save #2. Curtiss, however, left with a dead arm, and will miss a few days.

We had 9 hits, with 3 of them to Saladino. He scored and drove in a run, and doubled twice. He stole two bases, and even catcher Jett Bandy got in on the stolen base action. Those two had the only RBI's in the game for us. We shockingly completed the sweep, and would then get a day off before heading home.

September 5th, 2019: David Phelps is back on the DL with forearm inflamattion, and will miss 5 more weeks. I made one more callup, grabbing 3B Drew Ward. He was acuired from the Nationals in the Cameron Maybin trade. The 24-year-old will be set to make his debut.

Edwin Encarnacion hit his 400th career home run in a 6-2 loss as the Indians fell to the Yankees.

Looking ahead, we had a 9 game homestand against the NL Central. First Pittsburgh, the St. Louis, then the Cubs. We'd be looking at Joe Musgrove (7-8, 5.39 ERA), Charlie Morton (4-10, 6.53 ERA), and Jameson Taillon (6-7, 4.97 ERA).
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #63
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 6th-September 11th

September 6th, 2019: The White Sox were officially eliminated from the playoffs. They're the first team eliminated this year.

Pittsburgh visited us with Joe Musgrove (7-8, 5.39 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) took on Tom Eshelman (1-4, 5.31 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) to open our homestand. We took the opener 4-3, as both teams recorded 10 hits.

Eshelman pitched fine, just 3 runs in 5.1 innings, but he allowed 7 hits and 2 walks with just 2 strikeouts. Kyle Barraclough got the win, piching parts of the 8th and the 9th, and Brad Brach finished the 9th to earn his 28th save.

Lewis Brinson was the only Marlins offensive starter without a hit. Joe Mauer, Charlie Tilson, and Brian Anderson all had a single and a double in 4 plate appearences. Tilson scored twice, Mauer once, and Anderson drove in a run. Tilson also stole a base, and Adeiny Hechavarria tripled. It was a nice way to start the series.

September 7th, 2019: Miguel Rojas rejoined the major league team. He was hitting .241/.282/.301 in AAA in 21 games. His MLB triple slash is very close, .233/.275/.301 in 72 games.

The Cardinals lossed Miles Mikolas for 10 months with a torn ulnar colateral ligament. His return to the MLB was not as expected, as he did not adjust back well.

Game two saw Charlie Morton (4-10, 6.53 ERA, 1.86 WHIP) and Colin McHugh (7-11, 5.02 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) duel it out. I looked at my defense breifly, all 9 starters are rated 60 or better at their position. I love that quality defense.

Game 2 was better then 1, as we won 9-3 with help from a 6 run 6th. McHugh pitched a much needed gem, 1 run in 6 innings off 5 hits, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Yonny Chirinos pitched the last 3 and earned the save, despite allowing 2 runs off 6 hits.

We had 14 hits, and all the position players with an at bat got a hit. Drew Ward made his big league debut in a pinch hit situation, and walked. Nicky Delmonico and Brandon Lowe had 3 hits a piece. The former homered and drove in 4, the latter tripled and drove in 2. Lewis Brinson drove in two as well. Brian Anderson doubled and Charlie Tilson tripled in an offensive explosion.

September 8th, 2019: D.J. Peters made his way back to the big league roster. The power hitting outfielder hit 14 HR's and drove in 60 runs in AAA this season. He hit only 1 in 9 games in the bigs, but he's another solid option off the bench.

The Red Sox lost Rick Porcello for the year with a fractured elbow.

And the Dodgers are the first team to clinch a postseason birth. They're an insane 98-40 so far this season. Note: they've been without Clayton Kershaw for most of the season.

We looked to finish off the sweep with Adalberto Mejia (6-7, 3.80 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) taking on Jameson Taillon (6-7, 4.97 ERA, 1.53 WHIP). I gave Drew Ward the start at 3B today for his first career start. We would not have that luck, has 9 hits lead to 0 runs, as we lost the finale 2-0.

Mejia allowed both runs in his 5.2 innings of work. 7 hits, 1 walk, and 7 strikeouts rounded out his statline.

We didn't have any trouble hitting, but we couldn't hit when it counted. Ward did get his first career hit, a single off the starter Taillon. Delmonico had 3 hits, but was a much needed home run away from the cycle. Jett Bandy was the only other Marlin with a multiple hit game, 2 singles. Tilson did steal a base as well.

Looking ahead, we'd host the Cardinals for three with Michael Wacha (5-9, 4.07 ERA), Luke Weaver (7-8, 3.70 ERA), and Tanner Roark (8-9, 4.79 ERA) set to take the mound. Tommorow was also the last day of the minor league season, so I should have most of my callups ready for the 10th.

September 9th, 2019: We're up to 17th in the power rankings this week!

Zack Wheeler (7-10, 3.69 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) opened the series against Michael Wacha (5-9, 4.07 ERA, 1.38 WHIP).

Let's just say the putching was dominate. Wheeler only pitched 6.2 innings, but allowed just a single walk, run, and hit, while striking out 6. Heath Hembree shockingly allowed just 1 hit in 2.1 innings of work, and earned a strike out in the 8-1 win.

We only had 8 hits today, but we made them count. Lewis Brinson drove in 3 on a 2 out homer in the 4th inning. He scored twixe in the game. Brian Anderson and Luis Torrens had a pair of hits in 3 trips, both driving in 2. Anderson and Charlie Tilson doubled home runs.

Corey Seager has a 20 game hit streak, as the Dodgers beat the Rockies 7-5 in today's game.

September 10th, 2019: As noted, most of the minor league seasons ended today. AAA New Orleans and AA Jacksnoville both made the playoffs, but the lower levels were all finished so I could bring up the stragglers in my system. The callups were Brent Suter, Dillon Peters, Nick Rumbelow, Robert Gsellman, Jarlin Garcia, Raudy Read, and Braxton Lee. The only players on the 40-man roster missing from the active roster are the injured Jeff Hoffman and David Phelps. Hoffman is scheduled to be back in 3 days though.

The Dodgers officially clinched the West today as well.

Cody Anderson (3-4, 4.52 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) took the mound in game two against Luke Weaver (7-8, 3.70 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). Raudy Read got the start behind the plate.

Anderson was dominate, 8 innings of shutout ball. He allowed just 3 hits, a walk, and struck out 6 in a 7-0 victory.

We managed 14 hits, and all starters, even Cody Anderson who doubled, recorded a hit. Brian Anderson lead the way with 3 hits including a home run, one of 5 we hit in the game. Read, Brinson, Delmonico, and Tilson had the other homers.

D.J. Peters left with quadracep soreness, and would head to the DL for hopefully just the minimum 10 days.

Former Marlin Justin Bour had a 5-hit gameas the Cubs lost 7-6 to the Pirates. The 31-year-old is hitting .259/.368/.454 while coming off the bench with 11 homers and 33 RBI's.

James Paxton tossed a 4 hit shutout as the Mariners beat the Orioles 4-0.

September 11th, 2019: We looked to complete the sweep with Tom Eshelman (1-4, 5.28 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) on the mound facing Tanner Roark (8-9, 4.79 ERA, 1.43 WHIP). Would the Cardinals score today?

They did, and it was 7 runs. But luckily, we managed 9, and finished off the sweep. We've started our 9 game homestand 5-1!

The pitching wasn't great, as Eshelman allowed 4 in 5. The only other runs were charged to Kyle Barraclough, who allowed 3 in 0.2 innings. Mychal Givens got the win, and Brach got the save.

The offense was great, scoring 9 runs off 11 hits in tonight's game. Brandon Lowe, who's been absolutely raking, went 3-for-4 with a double, a run scored, and a run driven in. Anthony Alford scored 3 times and recorded 2 hits, including a solo shot. Delmonico recorded 2 htis and 3 RBI's and Lewis Brinson doubled home a run.

This is the first time in a while I've happy with the team. It helps when you're playing bottom feeders.

And we'd see one more of those, as the 68-72 Marlins would face the 60-70 Cubs. I know it's a longshot, but we're just 8 games out of the Wild Card. We'd see Tyler Chatwood (8-13, 4.52 ERA), Yu Darvish (3-8, 6.47 ERA), and Kyle Hendricks (8-9, 4.81 ERA) as the northsiders came to town for four. Last 4 game series in Miami with the Cubs? Opening week last year. Maybe we can sweep them back and even the record once more.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #64
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 12th-September 19th

September 12th, 2019: We opened up the series with the Cubs with Colin McHugh (8-11, 4.88 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) taking on Tyler Chatwood (9-13, 4.52 ERA, 1.54 WHIP). It took 10 innings, but we managed the secure the opener with a 4-3 victory.

McHugh pitched fine, just 3 in 6 off 7 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts, but the highlight was the pen. 6 guys combiend for 4 scorless innings, with Brad Brach picking up the win while striking out 4 in 1.2 innings of relief work.

We only had 9 hits, but a pair of solo shots by Adeiny Hechabarria and Lewis Brinson were helpgul in the win. Brian Anderson and Teoscar Hernandez doubled in the 2nd, which gave up out first run of the game. We started the game down 3-0.

Guess how we got the win? Former Marlin entered the game, and on a 1-2 pitch through a wild pitch and Charlie Tilson scored from 3rd.

September 13th, 2019: I got some surprising and good news that I did not quite expect. Jordan Montgomery was fully healed and could start rehab in AAA. He still looks great ratings wise, so hopefully he can return to his dominate form before hitting the DL. The lefty would start tommorow's playoff game for New Orleans. I'd need to make room on the 40, so I moved David Phelps to the 60 Day DL, effectively ending his season.

Jeff Hoffman is also healthy, as he was added to the big league roster. Hoffman (3-1, 2.38 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) would be today's starter as he faced Yu Darvish (3-8, 6.47 ERA, 1.48 WHIP) and the Cubs. If Hoffman can stay healthy, he's going to be a great big league starter for years to come. But that's a big if...

Especially since he left today's game in the 2nd after giving up a walk and a hit (those runs came to score when Yonny Chirinos was on the mound). Luckily, it's just a sore thumb, so he won't miss his next start. Only problem is we lost 6-2 and had to use 7 relievers. Good thing we've expanded the rosters...

We only had 5 hits, 2 from Hech, a Teoscar Hernandez homer, and Brandon Lowe and Brian Anderson added singles of their own. Lowe did make an error that caused a 9th inning run, but it didn't matter too much. Anthony Alford added a steal, as he still ranksk 3rd in the NL.

Justin Turner had 5 hits and a walk in 5 at bats. He doubled twice in a 12-7 Dodgers win over the Reds. LA now has a reamarkable 103 wins and .720 win percentage.

September 14th, 2019: I don't usually include every trade proposal, but this one made me laugh. The White Sox offered me a really bad and injured 20-year-old starter for Nicky Delmonico back. It was very laughable.

Adalberto Mejia (6-8, 3.77 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) took on Kyle Hendricks (8-9, 4.81 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) in game 3 of four. We forgot how to score again, and lossed 4-1. Mejia went 5 innings, allowing 7 hits and 2 runs while picking up the loss.

We did have 7 hits spread across 7 hitters. Lewis Brinson hit a solo shot, his 20th of the season and Hech had another double. Alfrod added another steal, but there wasn't too much to be happy about today.

Montgomery's rehab start went well, and I'd grab him from the minors after Cody Anderson's spot in the rotation came up.

September 14th, 2019: Both the Nationals and Orioles were eliminated from the playoffs. The Orioles took drastic measures, firing both GM Dan Duquette and manager Buck Showalter.

Anyways, we looked to pick up the split with Zack Wheeler (8-10, 3.59 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) taking on Rob Zastryzny (2-2, 5.10 ERA, 1.37 WHIP). This was the final game of a long homestand. We dropped the finale 4-3. We should have swept this series, but what can you do...

Wheeler allowed 4 (3 earned) off 7 hits and 3 walks in 5.2 innings. He did strike out 6. The rest of the pen allowed just 1 walk and a hit. The unearned run was courtesy of Ryon Healy's 9th error of the year.

Anthony Alford and Drew Ward doubled, but we only had 6 hits as a team. Brinson and Joe Mauer drove in runs, but Brian Anderson had a hat trick.

Corey Seager's hit streak is up to 25 as the Dodgers won again, 6-4 over the Reds.

We were on out way to Washington for three, as we'd see a few familiar faces: Mike Leake (9-14, 4.95 ERA), Wei-Yin Chen (8-13, 6.25 ERA), and Joe Ross (1-2, 5.75 ERA) before a much needed off day.

September 16th, 2019: There was an interesting name on the waiver wire, CF Cedric Mullins. I placed a claim on the athletic switch hitter. He's got a nice bat and can swipe bases, but was suffering from an oblique strain.

Power rankings were also published, ranking the Marlins 18th.

The Indians also clinched the AL Central. They're 92-51 so far this season.

Cody Anderson (4-4, 4.07 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) opened up the series with the Nationals and Mike Leake (9-14, 4.95 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) in possibly his last start of the season.

A 3 run 8th helped propel us to a 6-3 victory. Brad Brach earned his 30th save and lowered his ERA to an impressive 1.39. He's been almost perfect all year. Anderson was good, 3 in 6 off 6 hits. He struck out 7 and didn't walk a single hitter.

We had 12 hits, and 4 of them were doubles. Joe Mauer, Teoscar Hernandez, Tyler Saladino, and Nicky Delmonico all doubled. Mauer and Delmonico drove in 2 on their's, while Hernandez just 1. Cody Anderson himself was 2-for-2 with a run scored. Brinson tipled in a run with 2 outs in the 6th. It was a nice start to the series.

After the game, I brought Jordan Montgomery back up from his rehab assigment. "Gumby" probably wouldn't start until the Philadelphia series.

September 17th, 2019: Colin McHugh (8-11, 4.87 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) was on the mound against former Marlin Wei-Yin Chen (8-13, 6.25 ERA, 1.38 WHIP). McHugh struggles against the Nationals, 0-3 with an ERA above 10.

He allowed 4 (3 earned) in 4.2 and picked up another loss against the Nats. Kyle Barraclough allowed 2 more runs in the 6-1 loss.

We had 8 hits, but didn't do too much with it. McHugh himself drove in the only run on a single. Hernandez, Jett Bandy, and Drew Ward doubled, and Bandy was the runner to score on McHugh's RBI single. The rubber match would commense tommorow.

Seager's hit streak will end at 25, as the Dodgers lossed 11-4 to the Mariners.

September 18th, 2019: My claim of Cedric Mullins went through, and now he's healthy. I was hoping I could stash him on the 60-Day DL since he had an unknown recovery time, but instead I'd make room for him on the active roster. I designated Heath Hembree for assignment to make room for him.

Jeff Hoffman (3-1, 2.72 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) would try to not get injured against Joe Ross (1-2, 5.75 ERA, 1.72 WHIP) in the rubber match. Mullins hit 6th today and manned center. He was hitting .301 with 5 HR's and 19 RBI's in 163 at bats with Baltimore. Don't know why they got rid of him, he's even a 2/2.5* player.

Hoffman succeeded, but ended up getting the loss. It wasn't his best game, 5 innings with 8 hits, 4 runs, 3 walks, and 2 strike outs, but he was healthy. That's all that matters right now.

We managed 9 hits the 4-2 loss. Raudy Read had a pair of hits against his former team, a double and a 7th inning home run. Brandon Lowe and Charlie Tilson had 2 hits games as well. Mullins went 0-for-3 with a walk in his Marlins debut.

We now sit at 70-77, and it's only a matter of time before we are eliminated from the playoffs. We'd have an off day tommorow to travel to the "best city in the world" Philadelphia to face the Phillies.

Willie Calhoun went 5-for-5 despite the Rangers losing 10-7 to the Indians. The bat first "outfielder" had a homer and 4 singles.

September 19th, 2019: The Rockeis were eliminated from the playoffs.

With the off day I thought I'd check out the farm report. New Orleans won their 1st round matchup, but dropped the 1st two at home to Reno. Jacksnoville lossed their 1st round match up to Biloxi and their season was finished. Jacksnoville was the only minor league affiliate still in progress.

Looking ahead we had the 3 in Philly and then 2 in the Big Apple with the Mets, before an off day. The first place Phillies and just a 1 game lead over Atlanta, so we could try to play spoiler. We'd see JoJo Romero (4-4, 2.87 ERA), Ranger Suarez (4-1, 4.80 ERA), and Ben Lively (7-5, 4.30 ERA). If you looked just at the Phillies rotation, you'd think they'd be in our spot not 87-59. With Arrieta injured, Aaron Nola is the only starter to be afraid of. Our rotation almost looked better, especially when accounting for the injured Brad Peacock and Reynaldo Lopez.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #65
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 20th-September 25th

September 20th, 2019: A little playoff action: The Red Sox are officilaly in the playoffs and the Padres have been eliminated. Boston is 91-56 and 5.5 games ahead of the Yankees while San Diego is 65-82 and 41 games out of 1st.

Jordan Montgomery (5-2, 3.07 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) was back on the mound for the first time in months to open the series in Philadelphia against JoJo Romero (4-4, 2.87 ERA, 1.21 WHIP). It took 12 innings, but we pulled off the upset and won 7-5.

Montgomery was on a low pitch count, and went only 3 innings. He allowed 5 hits and a walk while allowing 3 runs. He struck out ust 1 batter. Gsellman wasn't perfect in long relief, but allowed just a solo shot and a walk in 3 innings, while recording 3 strike outs. Nick Rumbelow earned the win, pitching scorless 11th and 12th.

We had 14 hits including three homers courtesy of Teoscar Hernandez, Lewis Brinson, and Nicky Delmonico. Brandon Lowe and Anthony Alford andded doubles of their own, Lowe's in the 12th off former Marlin Nick Wittgren. Lowe was 2-for-6, scoring the iwnning run and driving in 2. Adeiny Hechavarraia was 3-for-5, but committed an erorr. Brinson and Hernandez droce in 2 runs a piece.

September 21st, 2019: D.J. Peters rejoined the active roster, bringing the total to a full 40.

The Mariners will be without 26-year-old rookie Matt Festa for 16 months! 16! He tore his rotator cuff. He's not the best reliever out there, but he's definitely a solid middle inning guy, so it's a big blow.

Peters was in the lineup in right and hit 5th as Zack Wheeler (8-11, 3.63 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) met up with Ben Lively (7-5, 4.30 ERA, 1.20 WHIP).

The hometown Philies secured game 2 with an 8-4 win. Peters did homer in the 1st, his first at bast since coming off the DL. He finished 2-for-4.

Wheeler allowed 4 in 5 innings off just 3 hits, but he walked 3 while striking otu 4. Mychael Givens got the loss, allowing 3 in 0.2 innings. He struck out both batters he got out.

Despite the 4 runs, we had just 4 hits. Brinson doubled, Alford hoemred, and Luis Torrens singled to go with Peters' homer and single. Brinson and Alford drove in the other two runs, and the latter stole base number 28.

September 22nd, 2019: Heath Hembree cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA New Orleans.

The rubber match saw Adalberto Mejia (6-9, 3.76 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) face Ranger Suarez (4-1, 4.80 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) in a battle of southpaws. We were curshed, as the Phillies scored 11 runs despite just 9 hits. Rhys Hoskins hit 3 homers, driving in 8 runs, giving him 134 on the season. He's on pace for 146.

Mejia was hit hard, 7 runs in 4.2 innings with 2 walks, 5 hits, and 6 strikeouts. In relief, Cody Anderson struggled, 3 runs in the last 1.1 innings of the game. Eshleman pitched out of the pen as well, 1 hit and a run in 0.2 innings.

Wehad just 6 hits, 2 of them came from Brian Anderson. Lewis Brinson and Tyler Saladino doubled, while the only run came from a Jett Bandy solo homer in the 5th. We were off to New York for two before a day off.

Looking ahead, we'd just see Noah Syndergaard (8-10, 3.02 ERA) and Marcos Molina (9-4, 3.24 ERA).

September 23rd, 2019: We're down to 22nd in the Power Rankings...

The quick series opened with Thor (8-10, 3.02 ERA, 0.98 WHIP) on the mound against Colin McHugh (8-12, 4.89 ERA, 1.46 WHIP). We scored 4 in the 7th and 4 in the 9th to take the opener 10-7.

McHugh didn't last long, allowing 2 in 4.2 innings off 4 hits, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Dillon Peters struggled in an inning of work, allowing 3 of 2 hits and 3 walks. Drew Steckenrider had trouble as well, allowing 2 runs of a homer, while only recording 1 out. Brad Brach picked up the save, his 31st by tossing a hitless 9th.

We managed 12 hits, as Lewis Brinson lead the way with a monster outing. He was 4-for-5 with two homers, 5 runs driven in, and he scored 3 times as well. Nicky Delmonico hit a 3-run shot in the 7th, and Teoscar Hernandez a 2-out solo homer in the 6th. D.J. Peters had a pinch hit double and score in the 9th on one of Brinson's homers. We could pick up the quick sweep tommorow.

September 24th, 2019: Jeff Hoffman (3-2, 3.19 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) took on Marcos Molina (9-4, 3.24 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) in the final game of the series as Citi Field.

Hoffman pitched just 4 innings, allowing 3 hits and a run, but he walked 4. He also struck out 5. Tom Eshelman allowed a run in the 5th, but was lucky enough to get the win as we were up 3-2. We put up 2 in the 6th, and earned the sweep with a 5-2 victory. Brach pitcked up save 32, while Givens, Jake Diekman, and John Curtiss earned holds.

Brian Anderson was a perfect 4-for-4 with 2 runs scored and driven in. He was a triple away from the cycle, with 2 doubles and a homer. Lewis Brinson added in 3 singles, while Jett Bandy and Brandon Lowe had doubles of their own. Lowe had a single as well, and sored a run.

We got tommorow off!

September 25th, 2019: Welp, we were eliminated from the playoffs today, as were the Royals and Giants, while Philadelphia clinched a postseason spot. At 73-79, a huge improvement from last year, we were set to finish back at mediocirty, but I was confident for much improvement next year. We've got a lot of young talnet and salary space to use for upgrades that I'll mention once the season ends.

Looking ahead we'd return home for 7 (4 agasint Atlanta, 3 against the Mets), have a day off, and then finish the season in San Frnacisco for three. The end of the season would be October 6th.

Fousing on the Braves series, we'd see Patrick Weigel (1-0, 6.23 ERA), Sean Newcomb (8-6, 2.92 ERA), Mike Soroka (12-9, 4.41 ERA), and Luiz Gohara (6-7, 3.33 ERA). The Braves are an impressive 89-63, 3 games behind Philly and 5.5 up over Arizona for the 1st Wild Card spot. They had an extra 3.5 games ahead of the Mets, who trailed the D'Backs. They needed these wins, but we wouldn't make it easy on them!
Old 04-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #66
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

September 26th-October 2nd

September 26th, 2019: Jordan Montgomery (5-2, 3.30 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) took the mound against Patrick Weigel (1-0, 6.23 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) as we started our series with the Braves. In the Braves lineup was a familiar face, Garrett Cooper, who's 1-for-4 with 2 RBI's this season.

Montgomery, again with a small pitchcount, went 5 innings, allowing 6 hits, but just 1 run, and he struck out 3 in a 5-3 home victory. Brach pitched part of the 9th, as we allowed 2 runs before he came in, and earned his 33rd save.

Nicky Delmonico went 2-for-4 with a run scored and 3 driven in, including a double. Adieny Hechavarria went 3-for-3 with a run scored as well. Teoscar Hernandez trilped home a run as well.

Miguel Sano had a three home run game against the recently eliminated from the Playoffs Detroit Tigers. The defending champion Twins came on top 9-8, although they are still 2.5 games out of the 2nd wild card.

September 27th, 2019: The Yankees clinched a playoff spot today. At 89-63, they are 3.5 games behind the Red Sox, but have an 8 game cushion over the Jays who own the 2nd wild card spot. The Yankees started the season rough, 8-16, but have been over .500 every month sense.

Zack Wheeler (8-11, 3.74 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) took the mound today against the young star Sean Newcomb (8-6, 2.92 ERA, 1.12 WHIP). Brandon Lowe has cooled down, so I gave him a much needed day off. I tried Drew Ward at 2B, despite the lefty ont he mound. He's the only lefty in the lineup today.

The Braves bested us 3-1 and two players, Wheeler and Ward, left with injuries. Both are minor day-to-day injuries, but Wheeler may miss his next start. After Tom Eshelamn allowed 2 in 2.2, the rest of the pen, including 2.1 innings from Robert Gsellman combiend for just a walkd and 3 hits, with 8 strikeouts in 5.1 innings.

We only had 6 hits, and the only run came from Ward's replacemnet Tyler Saladino, who doubled in Jett Bandy. Ward himself doubled in his only at bat, and despite the small sample size, is hitting .429.

The Nationals Ryan Zimmerman put his name in the record books with his 300th career home run. Now 34, the former gold glover at 3B is a career .278/.342/.477 with 1,910 career hits and 1,123 career RBI's, all as a National.

September 28th, 2019: Yesterday's win gave the Braves a spot in the playoffs. At 90-64, they sit just 3 games behind the Phillies for first in the east, but had a 6 game cushion over Arizona for the 2nd spot.

I made a waiver claim on 23-year-old Tiquan Forbes. He's a 2.5* potential infielder who is currently a member of the White Sox organization. He's an excellent defender with solid speed and a decent bat. He's hitting .267/.389/.367 in 15 at bats with the Sox this year.

Game three of four saw Adalberto Mejia (6-10, 4.12 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) took on Mike Soroka (12-9, 4.41 ERA, 1.17 WHIP). Lowe was back in the lineup today. It took 10 innings, but the Marlins walked off winners of a 4-2 game. Delmonico, who had three of the four RBI's, hit a walk off 2 run homer off Daniel Watts.

Mejia had a nice start, 6.1 innings with 2 earned off 7 hits and 2 walks, despite striking out only 3. The pen was perfect, and Kevin Chapman got the win. We only allowed 1 walk the rest of the game.

Delmonico, today's hero was 2-for-5 with the winning homer and a double. The last RBI came to backup catcher Raudy Read, who moved over the Mendoza line with a 2-for-4 line with a double that score the run in the 2nd inning.

September 29th, 2019: Colin McHugh (8-12, 4.86 ERA, 1.46 WHIP) took on Luiz Gohara (6-7, 3.33 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) in the series finale. In a high scoring game, which saw 5 runs scored in the top of the 9th, we managed to hang on to the lead for a 8-7 victory, and took 3-out-of-4 at home.

McHugh pitched well, just 2 in 5 innings off 4 hits, despite walking 5, and earned his 9th win of the year. Cody Anderson and John Curtiss allowed a pair of runs in the 9th, but Brad Brach earned the save, despite allowing a run and 2 hits.

We only had 9 hits, but we made them count. Lowe and Anthony Alfrod had 2 hits a piece and drove in 2 runs. Alford doubled, homered, stole a base, and scored a whopping 4 times! Delmonico drove in 2 as well on a double, and Hernandez had a double of his own. We were sloppy in the field, with McHugh, Hernadnez, and Lewis Brinson making errors, but they didn't lead to any runs.

We'd have out last home series of the year against the Mets, as we are now 76-80. It's a long shot, but we could techincally finished at or above .500. We'd see Marcos Molina (9-5, 3.46 ERA), Corey Oswalt (3-3, 4.99 ERA) and the Northern Island native P.J. Conlon (3-5, 4.50 ERA).

September 30th, 2019: The Astros officially clinched the AL West and we were now up to 14th in the Power Rankings.

Jeff Hoffman (3-2, 3.12 ERA, 1.42 WHIP) took the mound against Marcos Molina (9-5, 3.45 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) in the opener with the Mets. The bats were definitely working, as we blew past the Mets 12-7.

Of course, Hoffman got injured, and he had 4 K's in 4 innings with just a single hit and unearned run. The run came off of a Brandon Lowe error. The pen wasn't great, especially Kyle Barraclough who walked 4 in a single inning and allowed 2 runs.

We managed 15 hits, and three players had three a piece. Jett Bandy was the only starter without a hit. Delmonico, Brian Anderson, and Adieny Hechavarria were the trio with a trio. Anderson doubled twice and homered, Delmonico had just singles, and Hech was a homer away from the cycle. Brinson and Lowe doubled as well, Joe Mauer had a pinch hit triple, and Alford hit a 2-run shot and stole a base. Anderson and Delmonico dorve in 3 and scored twice as well. It was an offensive explosion. Even the reliever Gsellman drove in a run.

Zack Grienkie tossed a 2 hit shut out while only allowing a single walk as the D'Backs dominated the Rockies 5-0. Grienkie is having a great bounce back campaign, 15-9 with a 2.95 ERA.

October 1st, 2019: My claim of Ti'Quan Forbes went trhough, and assuming the worst, placed Hoffman on the 60-Day DL.

The Pirates clinched the NL Central today. At 81-76, they aren't much better then us, and the 2nd best team in their division is 73-83. Honestly, we could probably win that division...

I gave Brent Suter (4-4, 5.02 ERA, 1.56 WHIP) a spot start against Corey Oswalt (3-3, 4.99 ERA, 1.54 WHIP). I also gave Forbes the start at SS. Suter allowed just 3 in 7, and we won 4-3 with help from a 4 run 8th. Steck got the win, and Brach his 35th save. Don't look now, but we're 78-80! 82-80? Who knows...

We had just 7 hits, and Bandy and D.J. Peters had 2 a piece with 2 RBI's. Peters scored as well. Bandy doubled twice, Peters' had two singles. Lewis Brinson doubled as well, and scored a run. Brian Anderson and Nicky Delmonico made errors, but they didn't cost us. Could we pull of the sweep tommorow in our last home game of the year?

October 2nd, 2019: The D'Backs clinched the 2nd wild card, which eliminated the Mets from the playoffs. The NL is set: A combination of the Dodgers, D'Backs, Phillies, Braves, and Pirates.

Jordan Montgomery (6-2, 3.21 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) pitched in front of 13,338 fans in out home finale. P.J. Conlon (3-5, 4.50 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) toed the rubber for the Mets, as they looked to prevent the sweep. And they did just that, a 3-0 shutout.

Montgomery went 5 innings, allowing 7 hits and 2 runs in his last start of the year. He walked 1 and struck out 3.

We only had 4 hits, all singles, and 2 of them were Charlie Tilson. It's not the best way to finish out last home game.

J.D. Davis of the Astros went deep 3 times, but the Stros still fell 8-7 to the A's.

Ryan Braun is the next member of the 2,000 hit club, with all 2,000 of them coming in a Brewer jersey.

Tomorrow was an off day before we headed to San Francisco for 3 with the Giants. If we swept, we'd finish 81-81, which would be the best finish since 2009.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #67
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

October 3rd-October 6th

October 3rd, 2019: The Phillies clinched the NL East Today. At 96-62, this is their second title in as many years. This means the Braves will be a wild card team.

Looking ahead to the final series, we'd see Madison Bumgarner (12-7, 3.77 ERA), Jose Antonio Flores (1-1, 5.70 ERA), and Jeff Samardzjia (7-10, 4.99 ERA). Let's hope for a good series, as this is the last one we'd have in 2019.

October 4th, 2019: Zack Wheeler (8-12, 3.77 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) started the opener in the final series of the year against MadBum (12-7, 3.77 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). You can give up on .500 as we fell 6-4.

Wheeler was hit hard, 5 hits and 3 runs in just 1.2 innings. Yonny Chirinos gave up 2 more in 2.1 off 4 hits.

We had 11 hits, including a 3-for-4 game from Cedric Mullins. All three hits were doubles and he scored twice and drove in a run. Raudy Read hit a 2 run homer, and both Tyler Saladino and Nicky Delmonico had a pair of singles.

Just 2 more...

October 5th, 2019: Jeff Hoffman's diagnosis came back, an oblique strain, and he'd be out for 8-9 weeks. I'd probably shop in the offseason, I'm not a big fan of injury prone players.

The Blue Jays have lost 9 in a row and found them selves eliminated from the playoffs. The Angels have won 11 in a row, and now hold the 2nd wild card, with the also hot Twins a game back. The Blue Jays really collapsed, as they seamed to be a shoe in to the 2nd wild card spot.

Colin McHugh (9-12, 4.83 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) took on Jose Antonio Flores (1-1, 5.70 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) in game 161. A pitchers duel commensed, as we scored 2 in the 5th, enough for the 2-1 win.

McHugh was excellent, just 4 hits in 7 innings with 1 earned run and 5 strikeouts. Jake Diekman got a hold, and Brad Brach got his 36th save.

We only had 4 hits, and two came form Luis Torrens. Both were doubles, and he scored 1 of the runs. Anthony Alfrod drove him and Brian Anderson in on a 2-run single. Anderson himself had the final hit.

Only one more left *tears*

Stephen Piscotty went 5-fot-5 as the A's topped the Mariners 4-3.

October 6th, 2019: The Red Sox won the AL East. The Angels have now won 12 in a row, and have a 1 game lead over the Twins for the final spot in the postseason.

Adalberto Mejia (6-10, 4.06 ERA) started the final game of the season against Jeff Samardzjia (7-10, 4.99 ERA, 1.31 WHIP). I used a very different lineup, giving guys with not very many starts this year penciled in the lineup.

We almost played 2 games today, plaing 17 innings and eventually losing 3-2. The game was 1-1 through 9, and both teams scored in the 15th before the Giants walked off on a wild pitch from Dillon Peters.

Unearned runs were the theme of the game, as 2 of the runs were unearned, the 1st and last. Forbes made an error in the 4th, Torrens in the 17th.

Mejia pitched well, just the unearned run off 3 hits in 6 solid innings. The only earned run was charged to Mychal Givens. Of course it was him...

We did have 13 hits, but when you consider the 17 innings that's not impressive at all. Braxoton Lee, Torres, and D.J. Peters (2) doubled. Lewis Brinson picked up a steal of his own. Torrens and Peters had 3 hits a piece, while Lee had 2. It wasn't how I wanted to end the season, but there is always next year...

Quick recap: It wasn't a bad season. 79-83 is a lot better then expected. We started off well, but then eventually fell apart in August. Our best month was September, as we were 17-10, but August was 7-21. The only other month we were under .500 (other then October) was May, at 13-14.

Some players to point out:

1. RF Teoscar Hernandez: He's great, hit .278/.337/.445 with 13 HR's and 46 RBI's in 472 at bats. He stole 13 bases as well and showed improvement in all facets of his game. He's no star, but he's a nice player to have on the roster.

2. LF Lewis Brinson: He also made strides foward, but injuries hurt him a bit. He hit .261/.326/.495 with 23 HR's, 80 RBI's, and 11 steals in 422 at bats. He has star potential, and can be our cleanup hitter for years to come.

3. 1B Nicky Delmonico: He could also hit cleanup, and combined to hit .260/.332/.456 with 24 HR's and 92 RBI's in 587 at bats with us and Chicago, but was even better in Miami. He's a really good young guy who hits from the left side.

4. CL Brad Brach: His season in one word: Amazing. A miniscule 1.33 ERA and a solid 1.02 WHIP with 36 saves in his first season in Miami. The former Oriole and Padre really thrived here, and was worth a whopping 2.7 WAR as a relief pitcher. He struck out 99 hitters and walked just 27 in 74.1 innings. He had a very low 0.6 HR/9 as well.

Honorable Mentions: Jordan Montgomery (When healthy he was great), Anthony Alford (his base running and defense are elite), and Drew Steckenrider (thrived in a setup role).

Below are the final stats of the 2019 regular season:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-14-2018, 08:19 PM   #68
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Playoffs

Here are the results of the 2019 Playoffs!

AL Wild Card Game
Minnesota Twins (87-76) 0
New York Yankees (96-66) 1

NL Wild Card Game
Arizona Diamondbacks (90-72) 0
Atlanta Braves (92-70) 1

ALDS
New York Yankees (96-66) 3
Cleveland Indians (103-59) 2

Houston Astros (90-72) 3
Boston Red Sox (100-62) 1

NLDS
Atlanta Braves (92-70) 1
Los Angeles Dodgers (113-49) 3

Pittsburgh Pirates (84-78) 0
Philadelphia Phillies (98-64) 3

ALCS
New York Yankees (96-66) 4
Houston Astros (90-72) 3

Philadelphia Phillies (98-64) 3
Los Angeles Dodgers (113-49) 4

World Series
New York Yankees (96-66) 4
Los Angeles Dodgers (113-49) 2

Lead by series MVP Gary Sanchez, the Yankees won their 28th World Series title and the Dodgers dropped their 3rd World Series in a row.

The offseason will be coming up next!
Old 04-14-2018, 11:42 PM   #69
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Arbitration, Awards, and Pre-Free Agency

I'd explain all the moves I'd make before free agents filed. My season score this year was 471, supposedly an average score, so an improvement over last year for sure. My contract even got extended for 2 years and $550,000. I had a lot of personell options to fill up as well, as a lot of my minor league guys filed.

The Royals owner David Glass soled the team to Brad Darrar, a note technologist.

The Orioles fired their interim GM former big leaguer Sean Henn. I remember him from old MLB the show games. The Cardinals fired their GM Michael Girsch.

Team Options: Brad Brach had a $3,800,000 option with a $1,000,000 buyout, easy execution as Brach would be back.

Arbitration Players
SP Cody Anderson ($834,000)
SP Brad Peacock (Was demanding over $9 million, but I couldn't trade him, claimed by Colorado)
RP Kyle Barraclough ($878,000)
RP Kevin Chapman ($1,670,000)
RP Mychal Givens ($1,050,000)
RP Heath Hembree (Non-Tendered)
C Jett Bandy ($4,660,000)
1B Ryon Healy (Waived, claimed by San Diego)
3B Miguel Rojas (Non-Tendered)
SS Tyler Saladino ($984,000)
LF Charlie Tilson (Headed to Arbitration, offered $880,000. We won, as he demanded $1,450,000)

Upcoming Free Agents
1B Joe Mauer (Released)
RP Jake Diekman (Filed for Free Agency)
RP David Phelps (Signed 2-year, $2,600,000 with the last year a team option with a small buyout).
SS Adeiny Hechavarria (Filed for Free Agency)

Collin McHugh won another Gold Glove this season.

Reliever of the Year Award: Ediwn Diaz (SEA) and Zach Britton (LAD). Brach was 2nd, but Britton had 39 saves and a 0.94 ERA and 0.91 WHIP.

Rookie of the Year: Luis Valquez (TOR) and Brendan Rogers (COL). Lewis Brinson came in 2nd, but Rogers won unanimously.

Cy Young: Luis Servino (NYY) and Aaron Nola (PHI). Brach came in 5th.

Most Valuable Player: Francisco Lindor (CLE) and Cody Bellinger (LAD).

I'd move on to Free Agents next!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #70
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Beginning of Free Agency

I had $28,333,100 for free agents this year, but I had no plans in using all of that. My payroll and budget sat at 28th: $55,636,000 and $99,000,000 respectively.

Here are the Top 10 Free Agents:
SP Gerrit Cole
1B Daniel Murphey
SP Yu Darvish
3B Xander Bogaerts
CL Zach Britton
RP Mark Melancon
C Russell Martin
CL Andrew Miller
1B Paul Goldschmidt
SS Didi Gergorius

My best guess, none of these guys would wind up in Marlin uniforms.

Anyways, here are the biggest needs for the team:

SP: Never hurts to have too may arms. I'm planning on moving Jeff Hoffman, and I could use a replacement for either Adalberto Mejia of Colin McHugh.

RP: I wanted a lefty to replace Jake Diekman. Could also add another back of the pen arm to compliment Brad Brach.

C: I like Jett Bandy, but we could definitely use a better starter.

INF: Could use a veteran infielder or two at any position except first, where Nicky Delmonico was set in stone.

This was a pretty weak free agent class, so the trade market may be buzzing...

I'll do a offseason recap below:

December 5th, 2019: The first moves of the offseason came in a pair of trades. The Breweres sent LHP Josh Hader to the Indians for SS Aaron Bracho. Hader struggled this year, but has a ton of talent and Bracho is a pretty solid prospect, but far off at just 18 years of age.

The Twins traded CF Zack Grainte to the Giants for 1B Chris J. Shaw. An interesting trade, as Granite really isn't good and Shaw is solid. Granted, being able to play CF is valuable to most teams.

December 7th, 2019: I added 1B Ronald Guzman and 2B Garrett Hampson to the 40-man roster to fill up all the spots. Both had good potential and I didn't want to lose either one. The Rule-5 draft is still a little away, but it was good to start thinking of roster moves now.

December 8th, 2019: Another pair of trades, as the Astros sent C Garrett Stubbs and RHP Alex House to the Twins for RHP Chris Stratton. House is just a throw in, and the deal seems pretty fair, trading for needs on both ends.

The Rangers sent LF Willie Calhoun to the Carindlas for RHP Luke Weaver in a rather big trade of youngsters. A pretty even trade here as well, as both are very good players.

I also submitted my Hall of Fame Ballot:

LF Barry Bonds
SP Roger Clemens
1B Jason Giambi (We're cousins!)
SP Roy Halladay
1B Todd Helton
1B Paul Konerko
CF Juan Pierre
SS Omar Visquel
CL Billy Wagner
SS Michael Young

I don't expect most of these guys to make it. Sidenote: I left off the most overrated player in MLB history from my ballot.

December 10th, 2019: First big free agent signing of the year as Mark Melancon inked a 3-year, $18,800,000 per year contract. The 34-year-old owns a career 2.64 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, adn 214 saves. He's currently recovering from shoulder inflammation, but will be the Jays 8th inning guy.

December 13th, 2019: I made a deal with the Cubs, seding RHP Reynaldo Lopez and 1B Yu-Cheng Chang to the Cubs for C Victor Caratini and SS Luis Verdugo. This looks like a clear win for me. I like Lopez, but he did have a major injury and is out of options

Caratini could be the catcher of the future and has good versatility, and can play first and third as well. He's a solid switch hitter who was blocked by Wilson Contreras and relegated to a backup role. He's rated as a 2/2.5. Verdugo, a 19-year-old shortstop is a great defender who makes consistent contact. He's got flaws in his game, but looks like a futre big leaguer. He has 3* potential.

December 14th, 2019: I made another deal, sending RHP Jorge Guzman and RHP Robert Dugger to the Royals for 2B Cadyn Grenier and LF Brandon Riley. Guzman is good, but doesn't have the stamina I like in a starter and would be unprotected. For some reason the Royals like Dugger, he's low minor filler.

Grenier is the the headliner, a middle infielder who was taken 58th overall last season. He's an elite defender with great speed and a solid bat. He's rated as a 3* potential. Riley is no slouch either. A day after his 23rd birthday, the bat first lefty was taken in the 4th round last year. Also a 3*, he's got a great eye at the plate and is passable in the corners.

December 17th, 2019: I inked the best framer in the league Tyler Flowers to a 1-year, $2,800,000 contract. Flowers and Bandy would keep the seat warm for Caratini so he can polish up in AAA. Flowers is a nice 2* catcher who won't kill you with the bat.

I designated Raudy Read for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster. I'd look for a trade partner, or hope to stash him in AAA.

There was much bigger action, as Yu Darvish resigned with the Cub son a 5-year, $126,000,000 contract. He struggled this year, but it could have been just his injury as he was elite after beating us.

The Giants also brought back Will Smith on a 1-year deal. The 30-year-old will make $9,500,000 this upcoming season.

December 18th, 2019: The Angels signed Alex Avila to a 3-year, $26,700,000 contract. He's really not too much better then Flowers and costs way more. He's a good clubhouse figure.

December 19th, 2019: The Winter Meetings started, singaling the start of lots and lots of moves.

The opener was a big one, starting with Gerrit Cole returning to the Astros on a 4-year, $58,500,000 contract. He had a rough 2019, but was excellent in 2018. They also added Jake Arrieta on a 2-year, $22,800,000 contract. He had a solid seaosn in Philly in 2018, but missed all of 2019 with a torn flexor tendon in Spring Training. Their rotation is scary, those two with Lance McCullers, Cole Hamels, and Francis Martes.

Didi Gregorius swapped sides in the rivalry, earning almost 20 million per year for 4 years with the Red Sox. He hit .304 with 35 HR's and 106 RBI's. He'd replace Bogarets in the Red Sox lineup.

The Cubs, again, traded LF Jorge Soler. This time, along with RHP Griffin Roberts, to the Mets for 2B Luis Guillorme. Soler was the add on, as Roberts is the main prize and Guillorme is an elite defensive middle infielder.

Last move, the Diamondbacks traded 2B Chris Owings to the Red Sox for C John Hicks and SS Miguel A. Hernandez. A pretty even deal here.

December 20th, 2019: I made a major deal, sending SP Jeff Hoffman and C Igor Baez to the Orioles for 3B Ryan Mountcastle, SP Luke Heimlich, and C Martin Cervenka. It's hard to move Hoffman, but he's no use to me if he can't stay healthy. Baez is just a throw in when I asked for Heimlich as well.

The 22-year-old Winter Springs, Florida native Ryan Mouncastle has All-Star potential and my owner wanted me to upgrade at 3B. He's got contact, gap, and power ratings all above 72 (77-76-72) and has room to keep getting better. A 2/3.5, he's one of the best players on the team now, but may eventually have to move to 1B as defense isn't his forte. Heimlich, 23, is another solid pitching prospect to add to the system. He's got 2.5 potential and could find himself in the middle of a rotation with a little extra work. Cervenka is just catcher depth, but he's also Czech which is pretty cool.

Raudy Read cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA.

December 22nd, 2019: Today marked the end of the Winter Meetings. They started off crazy, but have cooled down a lot.

The Rule-5 draft was just two days away, so I had a few moves I needed to make. I sent RHP Edward Cabrera to the Phillies for LF Adam Haseley and 1B Keegan Maronpot. I didn't want to lose Cabrera to the Rule-5 draft for nothing.

Hasely, the former 8th overall pick, has solid speed and a decent bat from the left side. He's another Florida native. As a 2.5* potential, he won't be a star, but he'll be producitve. Maronpot can do a bit of everything, able to slot at first, third, left, or right. He fell all the way to the 32nd round in the 2018 draft, but don't sleep on Tarpon Springs, FL native (no, I don't just target Florida natives). He's a 3* potential with an amazing high and massive power, while also having the contact to hit around .270.

One more move, as I sent RHP's Mitchell White and Javier Garcia to the Mariners for 1B Evan White and LHP Max Roberts. Same with Cabrera, I didn't want to lose White for nothing. Instead, I got another White.

Evan White, a speedy 1B with a solid bat is a nice catch, a 1.5/3* who can possibly pick up 3B or even OF spots, but just has experience at first. I'd teach him LF first, as he has 63-69-69 as outfield ratings and left is easy to learn. Roberts, just 22, has 2.5* potential and can be a decent big league starter. Nothing stands out, but the former 7th rounder can keep refining his abilities.

December 24th, 2019: Today is the Rule-5 Draft! I didn't make any selections, but lost 3B Lucas Erceg and LF Braxton Lee. Erceg, 24, was selected by the Cubs. I considered shopping him, but after acquiring Mountcastle, I decided losing him wouldn't hurt too much. He's a 1.5/2. Lee also went to the Cubs, I guess they want to be like us. I was surprised he was selected, considering he cleared waivers earlier in the season. Neither loss will hurt me too much, although I left better guys unprotected.

There were actually a ton of Rule-5 picks. A few notable ones were RF Billy McKinley, C Blake Swihart, C Jeremy Martinez, LF Ryan Boldt, and LF Trent Grisham. The Cubs themseles made 5 selections.

December 28th, 2019: I traded the nightmare that was Mychal Givens to the Twisn for CL Riley McCauley. A 2nd rounder last year, McCauley looks like a solid reliever with a ceiling as a setup man.

The Reds traded SS Jose Peraza and C Johel Atencio to the Orioles for LHP Tanner Scott. A seemingly even deal as Peraza will perhaps help lessen the blow of trading Mountcastle.

December 30th, 2019: In an effort to boost the rotation, I send RHP Kyle Barraclough and LHP Sean Guenther to the Twins for RHP Zach Davies. It's hard to give up Barraclough, but I have a ton of pen options, and there are no affordable SP left on the market who are worth anything.

Let's focus on Davies, who will slot into the #2 spot below Jordan Montgomery. A 2.5* with the ability to pitch late into games, the 26-year-old is an awesome addition to the rotation. He's got excellent control and an intriguing 5 pitch arsenal. He won't blow you away, but he gets outs. If he can pich like he did from 2015-2017, I got a steal.

We'll pick back up next year!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #71
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency Continues

January 2nd, 2020: Happy 2020! I inked 3 players to MLB contracts today.

The first is a Japanese inport Yasukazu Shiotani. My scout has the 30-year-old lefty as a 5* RP. He's set to pitch the 8th and lead up to Brad Brach. He'd make $6.5 million this year, $7 next year, and then a $7 player option.

Next came righty Brandon Kintzler. Another reliever, the former Brewer and National has a career 3.46 ERA and 1.29 WHIP with 49 saves in 382 games plated. He's on a 1-year, $1,400,000 contract. He's a 2.5*.

Lastly, I added shortstop Marcus Semien on a 1-year, $2,000,000 contract. The power hitting shortstop is rated as a 2.5* with big time power. He's hit double digit homers every year since 2015 and is 7 short of 100 on his career. He's a career .240/.308/.403 hitter with the White Sox and Athletics.

Shiotani was added to the active roster, but I had to make roster moves for the other two.

January 3rd, 2020: The Phillies added Marcell Ozuna on a 7 year deal worth a total of $49,600,000. His career numbers total for 122 HR's, 455 RBI's, and a .281/.334/.460 slash. He's another great bat in a Phillies lineup that already had three 100 RBI hitters.

To clear room for Kintzler, I designated Magnerius Sierra for assignment. I'd hope he clear, he's a nice depth piece.

January 4th, 2020: The Padres sent CF Franchy Cordero to the Athletics for RHP Tyler Beede. It's a swap of two star players.

To make room for Semien, I traded Tom Eshelman to the Cubs for 2B Carlos Sepulveda. Origionally acquired in the Adam Warren trade, Eshelman has fallen out of favor a bit and doesn't have a clear spot on the roster. Sepulveda is a young, 2* middle infielder who's a solid defender with good speed, but a light hitting bat. He's a future big league depth piece.

January 6th, 2020: The Nationals claimed Sierra off waivers.

January 9th, 2020: I claimed RHP Alvaro Seijas off waivers from the Cardinals and sent him to A Greensboro. The 21-year-old is worth the flier, and could be either a #5 starter or long man.

January 12th, 2020: The White Sox signed Justin Smoark to a 5-year, $37,600,000 contract, with the last year a vesting option for 550 PA. Now with his 4th organization, he has an even 200 homers in 9+ big league seasons.

January 17th, 2020: The Reds traded LHP Cody Reed to the Indians for CF Quentin Holmes and 1B Emmanuel Tapia. It's a decent package for the young lefty.

January 18th, 2020: 1B Daniel Murphey joined the Rays on a bargain deal, $6.3 million this year with a vesting option following for the same value if he plays in 135 games. Murph is a career .299/.348/.462 with 128 homers and 665 runs knocked in.

The Phillies made a big deal, sending Carlos Santana and cash considerations to the D'Backs for RHP Nathan Eovaldi and 1B Pavin Smith. It's a very interesting trade, that hopefully hurts the Phillies.

January 19th, 2020: I claimed LHP Wennington Romero off waivers from the Reds and sent him to A-Batavia. The 21-year-old has middle relief or lefty specialist potential.

The Blue Jays welcomed back Russell Martin on a 3-year, $73,200,000 contract. It's way too much money, over $25,000,000 the first two years. If the real Blue Jays did this, there would be public outcry. He is 36 and a catcher...

January 22nd, 2020: The Hall of Fame Ballot was published, welcoming 4 new members. Roy Halladay lead the way with 83%, followed by Todd Helton with 82.4%, Derek Jeter with 78% too many, and finally the best hitter of all time, Barry Bonds edged his way in with 75.8%. Other notable percentages were Roger Clemens at 69% and Mike Mussina with 51.9%. Larry Walker failed on his 10th attempt and was dropped, along with Alfonso Soriano, Adam Dunn, Roy Oswalt, Andy Pettitte, Rafael Furcal, Eric Chavez, Josh Beckett, and Brian Roberts who managed less the 5%. Roberts didn't get a single vote.

January 24th, 2020: The Mets re-signed free agent CL Anthony Swarzak to a 3-year, $35,700,000 contract. The 34-year-old has just 32 saves, but 24 came last year.

January 25th, 2020: Matt Carpenter signed a 4-year, $58,400,000 contract with the Royals, the last season a vesting optiong requiring 550 plate apperaences. This will be his first season outside of St. Louis, but he won't move too far away.

January 26th, 2020: The Astros sent RF Josh Reddick to the Cubs for 1B Justin Bour. This appears to be a very even trade.

January 27th, 2020: Tomorrow is the start of preseason, with a bunch of good free agents lingering. Zach Britton and Andrew Miller are still available just like last offseason, along with 1B Paul Goldschmidt who wants an insane $215,000,000 contract for just 6 years. Xander Bogarets, Trevor Rosenthal, Jonathan Schoop, and Robinson Chirinos are other big names still left. Khris Davis, Rick Porcello, Starlin Castro, Trevor Rosenthal, Josh Fields, Michael Pineda, Kevin Pillar, and Jason Kipnis fill out the second tier. I want Pillar, but my outfield is in very good shape.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #72
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Preseason

January 28th, 2020: Today was a busy day as the preseason started, signaling the end was nearing for the offseson. I had to generate a new schedule since I kept playing the same AL division over and over again. We got the AL Central now instead of the East.

Anyways, I signed a pair of relievers. The first, lefty Brian Duensing. He signed a 1-year, $1,700,000 contract to be a lefty middle reliever. In his careeer, he's 50-49 with a 3.97 ERA and 1.37 WHIP. He's a 2.5* and above average across the board.

Next was a bigger signing, 29-year-old Trevor Rosenthal, who will make $4.4 million this year. He struggled last year with the Yankees, but there is no denying his talent. He's rated as a 4* with 100 stuff and averages around 98-100 with his fastball. He's an excellent addition to the pen on a bargain contract.

I did, however, have to make room on the 40 for both guys.

January 29th, 2020: I placed Tyler Jay on the 60-Day DL to make room for Rosenthal. I'd make room for Duensing tommorow.

January 30th, 2020: I struck a minor deal with the Cubs, sending RHP Robert Gsellman for LF Danny Blair. Gsellman was out of options, awful last year, and a longshot to make the team.

The 23-year-old Blair, a former 29th round pick back in 2018, can man all 3 outfield spots and eventually become above average at CF and RF (already is in LF). He's rated as a 1.5/2.5, has great speed and power, and could eventually force his way in the big league picture.

February 1st, 2020: The Blue Jays shocked the baseball world, signign 1B Paul Goldschmidt to a 4-year, $124,400,000 contract. The long time D-Back hit .298/.403/.532 in 5,443 at bats, talling 238 homers and 830 RBI's.

February 7th, 2020: The A's went bargain hunting and grabbed 2B Jonathan Schoop on a 1-year, $4,900,000 contract. The 28-year old is a career .268 hitter with 159 homers and 434 RBI's.

February 8th, 2020: The Brewers sent LF Domingo Santana to the White Sox for RHP Carson Fulmer and LHP Anthony Kay. Decent return for the Brew Crew, but the Sox didn't overpay in anyway.

February 11th, 2020: The Mariners signed SS Xander Bogaerts to a 4-year, $108,000,000 contract. The former Red Sox SS is a career .283 with 91 homers and 449 runs driven in.

February 17th, 2020: I signed and placed 28-year-old Marcus Stroman on the DL. He will earn just $2,400,000. The Stro-Show was non-tendered by the Jays, and is a perfect bounce back candidate. He's rated as a 3.5* and slid under the radar since he was origionally listed as a RP (3*). I could've gotten a huge steal, as he's just about 2 weeks away from a full recovery.

I also claimed 24-year-old Florida native Nick Nelson off waivers and sent him down to AA Jacksonville.

February 18th, 2020: I traded C Jett Bandy to the Dodgers for SS Jeremy Eierman. The speedy 23-year-old is a 2/3.5* while Bandy is an even 1. I think the Dodgers must've been desperate for a Catcher. Eierman has the avility to turn into an above average MLB starter, and I'd try him around the infield with is solid defenisve skills. 3B may be his new calling.

February 20th, 2020: The reds traded 2B Donnie Walton to the Mariners for 1B Renato Nunez. I guess it was even, but neither player is really any good.

Feburary 23rd, 2020: Sadness swept Boston has team owner John Henry oassed away today of natural causes. His son, John Henry Jr. would take control. The Red Sox would be honoring the late Henry throughout the season.

Spring Training starts February 27th, and that is where we will pick back up next!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #73
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

Spring Training

February 27th, 2020: Today marks the start of spring training and I brought a ton of minor leaguers up to the big league camp. I left open spaces for some of the minor league free agents I was awaiting responses from.

February 28th, 2020: I activated Marcus Stroman from the DL. He'd start in the pen to help regain his strength. I added the minor league guys I expected to sign.

The Japanese reliever I signed Yasukazu Shiotani was hurt today and was diagnosed with an ulnar nerve entrapment. He'll miss about 2 months and is headed to the 60 Day DL.

March 4th, 2020: Lewis Brinson is headed to the DL with a strained rib cage muscle. It's not a serious injury, but for precautionary reasons, and the fact it's still the Spring, I didn't want to risk reinjury.

March 8th, 2020: The rest of the Majors will be unable to witness the gereatness of Mike Trout, as the impending free agent signed a ginormous 7-year, $289,000,000 contract to stay in LA. The Angels will have the best player to grace the field in perhaps forever for most likely the rest of his career.

March 14th, 2020: In another precautionary move, Brandon Kintzler is headed to the DL with a sore shoulder. I doubt he'd spend any more then the minimum.

March 15th, 2020: Former Marliln and now Cub Robert Gsellman is out for the year with a torn rotator cuff. It's a tough start to his beginning as a Cub.

March 23rd, 2020: The Dodgers got a bargain, signing Ryan Madson to a 1-year, $1,920,000 contract. This free agent stint wasn't good for the lefty, as he came off a season where he had a miniscule 1.86 ERA.

March 25th, 2020: Lewis Brinson was back on the active roster. Kintzler still isn't healthy, so hopefully he'll be ready by Opening Day. Stroman will re-enter the rotation.

March 29th, 2020: The Padres sent RF Hunter Renfroe to the Giants for 2B Joe Panik. Pretty equal trade that benefits both teams.

March 30th, 2020: Not that it matters, but we finished the Spring 15-13, tied with the Phillies for 2nd place. Today I'd make all my roster moves in preperation for Opening Day.

I traded Cody Anderson to the Twins for Chris Shaw. Shaw is a 1B who can play a little bit of OF. I needed a bench piece for depth so Mountcatle can get regular at bats in AAA. I also designated Jarlin Garcia for assignment.

March 31st, 2020: Brandon Kintsler came off the DL, and I went to trade Adalberto Mejia. I ended up sending him to the Mariners for SP Max Povse. The Opening Day Roster was complete.

April 1st, 2020: Tomorrow was Opening Day! But today, the D'Backs signed straggler Carter Capps to a 1-year, $1,840,000 contract. I was in on him for a little, but my pen was full enough as is.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #74
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 2nd-April 9th

April 2nd, 2020: Happy Opening Day! A few tidbits of news before we get into the good parts. Remember Brad Peacock? He's now a member of the Rockies and tore his labrum, missing the rest of the year.

The Braves signed Andrew Miller, 2-years, $25,600,000. The lefty closed for the Cubs last year, and will now pitch the 8th for the Braves. The White Sox signed Nick Vincent to a 1-year, $1,800,000 contracct and added him to the pen.

Season Expectations? .500 record. It's doable, I'm hoping for a bit more.

Quick look at the active roster and their star ratings:
SP Zach Davies (2.5/2.5)
SP Collin McHugh (2.5/2.5)
SP Jordan Montgomery (3.5/3.5)
SP Marcus Stroman (3/3)
SP Zack Wheeler (2/2)
CL Brad Brach (4/4)
RP Kevin Chapman (2.5/2.5)
RP Brian Duensing (2.5/2.5)
RP Brandon Kintzler (2.5/2.5)
RP David Phelps (2.5/2.5)
RP Trevor Rosenthal (4/4)
RP Nick Rumbelow (2.5/2.5)
RP Drew Steckenrider (3.5/3.5)
C Victor Caratini (3/3.5)
C Tyler Flowers (2/2)
1B Nicky Delmonico (2.5/3)
1B Chris J. Shaw (2/2.5)
2B Brandon Lowe (2/2.5)
3B Brian W. Anderson (2/2.5)
SS Tyler Saladino (1.5/1.5)
SS Marcus Semien (2/2)
LF Lewis Brinson (3/3)
LF Charlie Tilson (1.5/1/5)
CF Anthony Alford (3/3.5)
RF Teoscar Hernandez (2.5/2.5)

It looks like a solid roster. No starts, but a lot of solid guys who are a majority under 30, just 8, with Duensing (37) leading the way. And most of the vets are in the pen or on the bench.

The farm system is ranked 19th. The top two prospects are International Amateurs. LF Juan Ramirez (31) who I signed for $2.8 million last sason out of Venezuela and 3B Ismael Mayen (32), who joined my International Complex out of Nicaragua. Ramriez is a 5* potential, Mayen just 4. There's a little gap before last years' first pick 2B Tyler Callihan (104), former Red Sox CF Cole Brannen (143), former Dodger prospect Jeremy Eierman (176) and Jeremy Arocho (176), Opening Day Starter Brandon Lowe (180), and a minor league signing SP Luis Noguera (197). I've had a lot of guys drop though, which is a little concerning.

Jarlin Garcia cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA, and the Cubs returned LF Braxton Lee, who was also sent to AAA.

On to the start of the season! We'd play road series, a game tommorow in Washington, followed by a day off, and then two more before heading to New York for three with the Mets.

April 3rd, 2020: Daniel Hudson signed a 1-year, $1,920,000 contract as the Sox added another arm to their pen.

But in better news, baseball is back! Jordan Montgomery would be our Opening Day starter taking on 35-year-old Max Scherzer. It may be shocking, but Montgomery is actually the better player talent wise.

Anyways, here's out opening day lineup:
CF Anthony Alford
2B Brandon Lowe
LF Lewis Brinson
1B Nicky Delmonico
RF Teoscar Hernandezz
C Victor Caratini
3B Brian Anderson
SS Marcus Semien
P Jordan Montgomery

It's a winning line up! And all 9 players are under 30!

They didn't decide to win, dropping the opener 7-3. Montgomery allowed 6 (3 earned) in 3.2 innings off 7 hits. He struck out 3 and walked none. Anderson made the error that lead to three runs.

Delmonico went 3-for-4 with a 2 run shot in the 1st, and doubled in the th, while Victor Caratini hit a solo shot in the 5th. We only had 3 hits, the last to Anderson. Anthony Alford picked up a steal, while Brinson was caught. Let's hope the best is yet to come...

Today was an insane day as James Paxton no-hit the A's on Opening Day as the Mariners won 8-0. He had just 1 walk and 11 strikeouts.

Noah Syndergaard tossed a 4-hitter as the Mets rolled passed the Padres 5-0.

Lastly, Hanley Ramirez, now with the Angels, recorded his 2,000th hit in a 1-for-4 game.

April 4th, 2020: Literally nothing happened today...

April 5th, 2020: The Pittsburgh signed reliever Rex Brothers to a 1-year, $2,880,000 contract and the Blue Jays added RP Juan Nicasio to a 1-year, $3,280,000 contract. The most notable free agent left was CL Zach Britton.

Game 2 saw Zach Davies make his Marlins debut against Mike Leake. Davies was solid, just a run in 5 innings with 5 K's and 2 walks as we took the 2nd game 5-1. Brandon Kintzler tossed 2 perfect innings and got a hold before we added an 2 in the 6th and 1 more in the 7th.

The offense woke up, 14 hits as all 9 starters (Davies included) had hits. Rookie Brandon Lowe was 3-for-4 with a run scored and a triple. Hernandez, Delmonico, and Brinson all had two hits a piece. Caratini, Hernandez, Delmonico, and Marcus Semien doubled, and Brinson picked up 2 steals. Today was a much nicer game.

April 6th, 2020: We looked to win the series as Colin McHugh faced Paul Fry. The Nats got the best of us, winning 6-2 and taking the opening series.

McHugh allowed all 6 in 3.1 innings, giving up 8 hits with a walk and 3 strike outs. David Pehlps (2.2) and Kevin Chapman (2) finished the game without allowing runs.

We managed just 6 hits, with Semien the only Marlin with multiple hits. Him and Brian Anderson hit solo homers, the entirety of our offense. Charlie Tilson had a pinch hit single and stole 2nd.

We're off to New York to face Marcos Molina, Rafael Montero, and Noah Syndergaard (1-0, 0.00 ERA). The Mets are 2-1, as we are 1-2.

April 7th, 2020: Zack Wheeler took on his former team and Marcos Molina as we looked to bounce back after losing the opening series. We couldn't hit, again, dropping the opener 3-1.

Wheeler didn't last long, allowing 4 walks and 3 hits in 4.2 innings. He allowed just 2 runs and struck out 5, but was strapped with the loss. Brian Duensing got just one out and gave up the last run in the 7th.

We had 7 hits, all singles, with Caratini and Semien having two a piece. Brinson who's been struggling, walked and stole a base, but his average fell to .154 with an 0-for-3. This isn't looking like a promising start to the year.

April 8th, 2020: Marcus Stroman made his Marlins debut against fellow righty Rafael Montero. Our first change to the lineup occured with Tyler Flowers replacing the tired Victor Caratini behind the plate. We needed to start hitting.

And hitting we did, as we put up 8 runs on the Mets in an 8-2 victory.

Stroman went just 5, allowing a single run off 5 hits and 2 walks. He didn't record a single strikeout. Kintzler, Rumbelow, Steckenrider, Duensing, and Rosenthal all recorded holds, before we got 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th. Kintzler left with an injury after just 3 pitches to start the 6th.

We only had 9 hits, but a pair for both Anthony Alford and Lewis Brinson, who haven't had much success this season. Alford drove in 2 and scored once while Brinson hit a solo shot, a double, and scored twice. Stroman himself doubled, as well as Anderson and Blowers. Nicky Delmonico hit a 3 run shot in the 9th, walked, and scored another time in 4 trips. Brandon Lowe struck out 3 times, but manage to steal a base after walking. We had a chance to win the series tommorow.

April 9th, 2020: The Braves will be without CL A.J. Minter for 4 months with a torn rotator cuff. The lefty will be missed, although Andrew Miller is not a bad replacement at closer.

After just 6 days, the Cubs returned 3B Lucas Erceg, so both guys I lost in the rule 5 draft were returned. He got 1 plate appearence, a walks.

Jordan Montgomery (0-1, 7.36 ERA, 1.91 WHIP) faced off with Noah Syndergaard (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.44 WHIP) in the rubber match. I trust Montgomery, but this'll be a tough matchup.

He didn't fail me, going 8 innings, allowing just 3 hits and 3 walks while striking out 7 without allowing a run. Only problem is Syndergaard was nearly the same, 3 hits as well, but with 10 strike outs. Neither offense did anything in regulation, and we went to extras. We scored 2 in the top of the 11th to take a 2-0 lead. Nick Rumbelow, who pitched the 10th, was back in the 11th (Brach pitched the 9th), but gave up a run. Kevin Chapman finished the inning, and earned the save as we picked up the 2-1 series clinching win.

We had just 8 hits, 2 a piece for Anthony Alford and Teoscar Hernandez. The both doubled and singled. Tyler Flowers had a pinch hit double in the 11th as well. The runs were courtesy of a two-run Nicky Delmonico single which scored both Alford and Hernandez. Teo stole a base, while Alford was caught, the only difference in thier statlines. Marcus Semien made an error at short, which may eventually turn into a problem, as defense isn't his forte.

Either way, I was happy to even the record at three after the first two series. We had a nice homestand ahead of us, three with the Braves, an off day, three with Philly, and then three with the Nationals.

Looking ahead to the Braves series, we'd most likely see Sean Newcomb (0-0, 3.00 ERA), Luiz Gohara (1-0, 3.60 ERA), and Koby Allard (0-1, 18.00 ERA). Last year's wild card team has started out 4-2, tied for the Nats for first.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #75
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 10th-April 16th

April 10th, 2020: Sean Newcomb (0-0, 3.00 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) and the Braves were in town as Zach Davies (1-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) toed the rubber. 1B Chris Shaw got his first start as a Madlin today. The home opener did not go as planned, as we were blasted 12-1.

Davies allowed 5 in 5.1 off 7 hits, a walk, and a strike out. Kevin Chapman gave up 2 in 1 inning, and David Phelps 5 off 6 hits in 1.2 innings of work.

We only managed 5 hits as a team. Teoscar Hernandez was 2-for-4 with a double, while Brandon Lowe doubled and walked in two at bats. Tomorrow's game must be better then today's.

April 11th, 2020: The Braves, who lost A.J. Minter a few days ago, added Zach Britton to their pen on a 1-year, $26,000,000 contract. A hefty price to pay for such a short term contract. We may see him in the series.

Looking to bounce back from yesterday's game and his last start, Colin McHugh (0-1, 16.20 ERA, 2.70 WHIP) was on the mound against Luiz Gohara (1-0, 3.60 ERA, 1.40 WHIP).

McHugh was roughed up again, allowing 5 in 5 as we lost tonight's game 9-2. He walked 4 and struck out just 2 in another rough outing. Drew Steceknrider allowed 3 in 1.1 innings, while Trevor Rosenthal allowed the 9th run in 0.2 innings. Brian Duensing tossed 2 solid innings to end the game.

We hit a slight bit better, but our whole offense was Nicky Delmonico's 2 run homer in the 1st. Him and Hernandez also doubled. Lewis Brinson has been ice cold, as he went 0-for-4, dropping his average down to .133. He's one of 4 starter hitting below the Mendoza line to start the campaign.

Speaking on Delmonico, although early, he's tied for 2nd in the NL with homers (3) and RBI's (10).

April 12th, 2020: Brandon Kintzler was diagnosed with a rotator cuff strain, and will head to the 10-Day DL. He's expected to miss 5-6 weeks. Replacing him on the active roster will be John Curtiss. In just 1 AAA outing, he earned a save and struck out 2 in 0.2 innings.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Zack Wheeler (0-1, 3.86 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) taking on Max Fried (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 1.13 WHIP). This game went 12 innings, but we eventually salvaged the finale 4-3, despite being out hit 11 to 9.

All three runs were charged to Wheeler, who went 5.2 innings, allowing 8 hits, walking none, and striking out 7. The rest of the pen combined for 6.1 shutout innings, with newcomer Curtiss pitching a perfect frame, and Phelps picking up the win.

Zach Britton made his Braves debut, a scorless 9th inning where he struck out two and allowed 1 hit. The starter Fried left after just 1 inning, as the Braves wait his diagnosis.

The 9 hits were concentrated in the 2 through 6 spot, with Hernandez leading the way with 3. He was a triple away from the cycle. Brinson hit his 2nd homer of the game in a 2-for-5 effort. Delmonico added 2 hits of his own, along with another RBI.

Tomorrow was an off day before we'd host division rival Phialdelphia for three.

April 13th, 2020: As the season hasn't started how we wanted it, we're ranked 18th in the Power Rankings to start the new season.

The Nationals Adam Eaton is working on a nice 20 game hit streak as he recorded a hit against his former team the White Sox. He's hitting an unsustainable .382 to start 2020.

At 4-5, we'd host the 5-4 Phillies who are a game behind the Braves. We'd see Aaron nola (2-0, 1.46 ERA), Nathan Eovaldi (1-1, 5.40 ERA), and Vince Velasquez (0-2, 6.30 ERA).

April 14th, 2020: Marcus Stroman (1-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) opened the series against the always dangerous Aaron Nola (2-0, 1.46 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). Tyler Flowers caught Stroman again today. We tried coming back, scoring 2 in the 9th, but we fell 4-2.

Stroman pitched well, going 7 innings, allowing just 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and he struck out 2. Rosenthal and Nick Rumbelow allowed a solo homer each in 1 inning of work.

We managed just 4 hits and Lewis Brinson left the game with a strained rib cage muscle. He'd be sent to the Disabled List for hopefully the minimum. The injury occured when doubling in the 7th inning.

Charlie Tilson, his replacement, hit a pinch hit 2-run homer for the only runs of the game, driving in the 1B Delmonico.

April 15th, 2020: D.J. Peters earned the callup and will temporarily be our 4th outfielder. He hasn't hit the best in AAA in 6 games, but I didn't want to bring up someone who wasn't on the 40.

Game two saw Nathan Eovaldi (1-1, 5.40 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) duel Jordan Montgomery (0-1, 2.31, 1.11 WHIP). Our new starting LF Charlie Tilson hit 8th. He's 2-for-5 to start the year.

We were helpless today, falling 8-1. Montgomery lasted just 2 innings, allowing 4 runs off 4 hits with just 1 strike out. Phelps allowed 1 in 2.2 innings of mop up, Chapman allowed 3 off 4 hits in 1.1 inning, but Steckesaurus tossed 3 scorless innings, tallying 4 strike outs and allowing just a single hit.

We had just 6 hits, hilghlighted by Brian Anderson and Anthony Alford doubles. Tilson went 2-for-3 and drove in the only run of the game, scoring the catcher Victor Caratini on a single in the 2nd. The homestand hasn't started how we wanted it to.

Max Scherzer tossed a 3-hit shutout as the Nationals barley beat the Braves 1-0. Eaton's hit streak was stopped at 21.

The Yankees Tyler Wade went 5-for-6 as the Yankees beat the Orioles 17-7.

And finally, Zack Greinke won his 200th career ball game as the Diamondbacks topped the Dodgers 8-1.

April 16th, 2020: We looked to avoid the sweep as Zach Davies (1-1, 5.23 ERA, 1.55 WHIP) took on Vince Velasquez (0-2, 6.30 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). D.J. Peters got the start in left.

Davies was brilliant, pitching 7 scorless while allowing just 4 hits. He did walk 5 and strike out just 4, so he wasn't perfect, but it was enough for the 2-0 win to end the series. Brad Brach got his first save of the year with a perfect 9th.

We only had 3 hits, a Nicky Delmonico single and a pair of doubles from Caratini and Alford. Alford had a steal and scored the final run on a Brandon Lowe sac fly, while Delmonico scored on Caratini's double. Caratini is loving Miami, hitting a nice .324/.390/.459 after having a rough 2019, albeit just 14 at bats, with the Cubs in a cup of coffee last season. He's also shown great strides defensively.

Our homestand wasn't over, as we'd host the Nats for three more before heading to Cincinnati to take on the Reds for 4.

At 5-7, we'd face the 6-6 Nationals next who would throw a pair of former Orioles southpaws Paul Fry (1-1, 3.60 ERA) and Wei-Yin Chen (0-1, 5.40 ERA), as well as Alex Balog (1-0, 1.84 ERA).
Old 04-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #76
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 17th-April 23rd

April 17th, 2020: The Athletics will be without Dustin Fowler for the rest of the year after suffering a concussion. The 25-year-old had an excellent rookie season last year that saw him slash .301/.342/.532 with 32 HR's, 98 RBI's, and 21 steals.

On to Marlin Baseball as Collin McHugh (0-2, 11.88 ERA, 2.16 WHIP) took on Paul Fry as we hosted the Nationals and Paul Fry (1-1, 3.60 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) to open our third and final series at home.

McHugh went 6.2 and allowed 8 hits and 3 runs, while striking out 4 in a 5-3 victory. John Curtiss and Trevor Rosenthal netted holds while Brad Brach picked up his 2nd save in a shaky 9th.

The struggling Marcus Semien lead the offensive charge with a 3-for-4 game with a double, a run scored, and two driven in. Victor Caratini and Anthony Alford hit solo homers, while Charlie Tilson tripled home a run (Semien) with 2 out in the 8th. Brandon Lowe stole a base in a 1-for-3 outing with a walk.

April 18th, 2020: Game two saw Zack Wheeler (0-1, 4.35 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) battle with former Marlin Wei-Yin Chen (0-1, 5.40 ERA, 1.56 WHIP). It took 10 innings, but we squeaked out a 4-3 win to earn in our first home series win.

Wheeler had an interesting game, allowing just 2 runs off 5 hits, but lasting only 4.1 innings. He struck out 8 and walked 4 times. Nick Rumbelow earned the win, pitching the top of the 10th.

Nicky Delmonico walked us off with a solo shot off Jason Gurka. Marcus Semien and Teoscar Hernandez had 2 hits a piece, with the former a run scored, the latter a run driven in. They both doubled, along with Chris Shaw.

We looked to pick up the sweep tommorow!

April 19th, 2020: The Orioles will be without rookie reliever Edgar Ernesto Garcia for the rest of the year with a partially torn UCL. He's more of a depth piece, but still is a loss to their staff.

Marcus Stroman (1-1, 2.25 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) took on Alex Balog (1-0, 1.84 ERA, 0.82 WHIP) as we looked to complete the sweep. We didn't manage it, as we were shut down 8-1 and only had 3 hits.

Stroman struggled, allowing 7 off 11 hits and 4 walks in 5.2 innings. He struck out just 3. Rumbelow tossed 2.1 mop up innings, allowing a run off two hits and walks.

Brandon Lowe doubled, Delmonico and Brian Anderson singled, and that was the offense. Chris Shaw hit a pinch hit sac fly, scoring Anderson for the only run of the game.

We were off to Cincy for four with the 6-9 Reds. We were now 7-8, 2.5 games behind the first place Braves. We'd see Tyler Mahle (1-1, 5.02 ERA), Sal Romano (0-0, 6.28 ERA), Brandon Finnegan (1-0, 5.06), and Grant Holmes (0-2, 12.41 ERA).

April 20th, 2020: We are up to 17 in the power rankings to start the week.

Tyler Mahle (1-1, 5.02 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) was on the mound as the Reds hosted Jordan Montgomery (0-2, 4.61 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) as we started a four game set. We torched the Reds for 10 hits in an 8-4 victory to start the road trip.

Montgomery had a rough start, 4 runs off 4 hits in 4.2 innings. He struck out 4 and walked 3. The pen combined for 4.1 shutout innings, as Phelps earned his 2nd win. Drew Steckenrider, Brian Duensing, and Trevor Rosenthal picked up holds, but the extra run we added in the top of the 9th stopped Brach from earning a save.

Nicky Delmonico lead the charge with 4 hits in 5 trips, scoring twice and driving in 5. He homered twice, giving him 6th for the season. Anthony Alford doubled twice, while Teoscar Hernandez tripled. Both had 2 hits and scored, although Alford drove in a run on one of his doubles. Marcus Semien walked twice and swiped a bag.

Adam Frazier of the Pirates went 5-for-5 as they beat the Braves 11-2. He singled all 5 trips to the place.

April 21st, 2020: Zach Davies (2-1, 3.12 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) was on the mound against Sal Romano (0-0, 6.28 ERA, 1.47 WHIP) for game two. There wasn't much offense in today's matchup, as we took this one 2-1 to push our record above .500.

Davies was brilliant, allowing a single run off 6 hits. He struck out 4 and didn't walk a single hitter. Kevin Chapman picked up a hold, while Brad Brach earned the save. Both pitchers tossed a scorless frame, with a walk and strikeout.

Our entire offense was a 2-run homer by D.J. Peters. He drove in Brian Anderson. We had just 5 hits all day, including a single from our starting pitcher.

April 22nd, 2020: We had an opportunity to win our 2nd straight series with Colin McHugh (1-2, 8.40 ERA, 1.73 WHIP) taking on Brandon Finnegan (1-0, 5.06 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). Neither arm has had the start to the season they envisioned. Today's contest lasted 13 innings, but eventually the Reds walked off on a Ildemaro Vargas homer, ending the game 4-3. The homer came off Phelps, who strained his shoulder. He'll head to the DL for about 2 weeks.

McHugh pitched well, just 2 runs on 6 hits in 6 innings. He walked and struck out a pair. Drew Steckenrider pitched 3 scorless innings of relief, while run 3 of 4 came off Trevor Rosenthal, who blew the save.

We only had 7 hits, two for Alford and Delmonico. Delmonico and Brian Anderson had home runs and accounted for all our runs (2 and 1 respectively). Teoscar Hernandez doubled and walked in 5 at bats.

I also made a roster move, optioning the struggling Lowe to AAA. I'd call up someone tommorow.

April 23rd, 2020: Before today's matchup, I called up LHP Brent Suter and 2B Garrett Hampson. Suter saw time last year, and has pitched 8 innings in AAA, striking out 6 with a 3.38 ERA and 1.38 WHIP. The speedy Hampson can play 2B, 3B, SS, and CF, and will be set to make his MLB debut. He was hitting .327/.438/.423 in 52 at bats wiht 5 RBI's and 7 steals.

Suter would be a long man and emergency starter while Hampson will hit leadoff and start at 2B.

We looked to earn the series victory with Zack Wheeler (0-1, 4.30 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) facing Grant Holmes (0-2, 12.41 ERA, 1.95 WHIP). As alluded to, Hampson will leadoff and play 2B in his major league debut. He recorded his first MLB hit and scored, but we fell 2-1, and split the series after winning the first two.

Wheeler got the loss, allwoing both runs in 5.2 innings of work. He gave up 5 hits, walked 2, and struck out 3.

We only had 8 hits, all singles except a Teoscar Hernandez RBI double. Victor Caratini was the only Marlin with 2 hits, but Charlie Tilson was the only starting position player to fail to record a hit. It was a depressing way to end the series, but we had to head to Minnesota.

After two with the Twins, we'd have an off day and then head home to host the Cubs for four.

Ty Blach of the Giants tossed a 3-hit shut out in a 7-0 victory over the Padres.

At 9-10, we'd face the 9-9 Twins. They'd throw Tyler J. Watson (0-1, 12.00 ERA) and former Marlin Cody Anderson (0-0, 3.31 ERA).
Old 04-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #77
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

April 24th-April 30th

April 24th, 2020: The Cardinals lost CL Sam Tuivailala for the season with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He had a strong start to the season, 3 saves and a 1-1 record with a 1.74 ERA in 10.1 innings.

The first of two in the Twin Cities saw Marcus Stroman (1-2, 5.09 ERA, 1.64 WHIP) and Tyler Watson (0-1, 12.00 ERA, 1.67 WHIP) face off. I gave the tired Alford the day off, moving Garrett Hampson to center and placed Tyler Saladino at second. Hampson's versitality is super helpful here.

Stroman was hit hard, allowing 6 in 5 innings off 11 hits and a walk in the 9-6 loss. Again, he failed to record a strike out. Nick Rumbelow allowed 2 runs off 2 hits without recording an out, and Bruce Suter allowed a run in 2 innings in his season debut.

We did have 12 hits, with everyone except Saladino recording a hit. We also had two errors, one from Hampson and the other Marcus Semien. They both had two hits, Hampson with a double and run scored, Semien with 2 runs driven in. Victor Caratini and Brian Anderson had two hits a piece as well. The former scored twice, the latter doubled, drove in a run, and scored a run.

April 25th, 2020: I sent D.J. Peters down to AAA and activated Lewis Brinson from the DL.

The Nationals will miss Adam Eaton for the rest of the year after he tore his ACL again. He was hitting .373 with 2 homers and 6 driven in.

Brinson was back in the lineup in left, hitting 3rd, while Jordan Montgomery (0-2, 5.40 ERA, 1.36 WHIP) took on his former teammate Cody Anderson (0-0, 3.31 ERA, 1.04 WHIP). The bats woke up and Montgomery didn't allow an earned run as we took the finale 8-3.

Montgomery went 6, 5 hits and 2 unearned runs with a walk and 3 strikeouts. The last run was unearned as well, as Suter allowed 4 hits in 1.1 innings. Errors were charged to Semien and Saladino.

We had 12 hits, this time Nicky Delmonico the lone man out, although he walked, was hit, and hit a sac fly, so it wasn't really on him. Charlie Tilson lead the way, a homer away from the cycle, scoring twice. Semien made up for the error, driving in 3, 2 from a solo shot, the other from a double. Brinson had a nice return, going 2-for-5 with a run driven in. Teoscar Hernandez frove in 2 on a double, and Garrett Hampson had a double of his own. Anthony Alford and Tilson stole bases.

We'd have tommorow off before returning home.

April 26th, 2020: I got a message from Brad Brach, saying he wanted to discuss an extension. Only problem is he wanted $16 million a year for 5 years, the last a player option. That was way too much, expecially considering I had just a little over $14 million for extensions. Perhaps I could get a compensation pick from him if I need to. 5-years is insane for a 34 year old reliever...

Looking ahead to the four games in Chicago, we'd face Yu Darvish (2-1, 3.78 ERA), Patrick Corbin (1-0, 1.69 ERA), Jon Lester (1-1, 3.15 ERA), and Jose Quintana (1-1, 3.76). The Cubs are 12-10 to start the year, 2 games back of first, while we sit at 10-11, 3 games out of first.

April 27th, 2020: The Power Rankings were released and we sit at 16th place.

We'd start the home series with a face familiar to the Cubs, Zack Davies (3-1, 2.59 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) as we faced Darvish (2-1, 3.78 ERA, 1.02 WHIP). Caratini would get a shot to face his former team. It was a close one, but we took the opener 4-3.

Davies was brilliant again, just 1 run in 6 innings off 4 htis and 4 strikeouts. John Curtiss was roughed up for 2 in 1.1 innings, but we pulled through. Him, Kevin Chapman, and Trevor Rosenthal earned holds, while Brach pitched a perfect 9th for his 4th save.

We ran wild on Contreras and the Cubs, with Hampson, Alford, and Tilson stealing bases. Davies and Lewis Brinson doubled. The former scoring once, the latter driving in a run. Brian Anderson had a perfect game, 2 htis and 2 walks with an RBI in 4 trips to the plate.

April 28th, 2020: Three players were diagnosed with season ending injuries; Walker Buehler of the Dodgers, Josh Donaldson of the Red Sox, and the Padres' Jhan Marinez. The first two are big blows, the latter a minor loss.

On to out game, we saw Patrick Corbin (1-0, 1.69 ERA, 0.94 WHIP) face Colin McHugh (1-2, 6.86 ERA, 1.62 WHIP). We also saw former Marlin Adeiny Hechavarria, who hit 9th behind Corbin, and played short. Semien's bat is much nicer, but I miss Hech's defence.

We couldn't hit, and were shutout 4-0. McHugh allowed 8 htis and 3 walks in 6.2 innings and was responsible for all the runs in the game. He struck out just 2 batters.

We had just 4 hits, two singles for Brian Anderson, and a pair of singles for Hampson and Brinson. Hampson stole another base today. Let's forget about this one real quick...

Two players managed 5 hits. The first, Jose Ramirez, who was 5-for-5 as the Indians beat the Royals 10-3. The second Franklin Barreto, who was 5-gor-6 as the A's destroyed the Orioles 22-9.

April 29th, 2020: Game three of the series saw Zack Wheeler (0-2, 3.98 ERA, 1.52 WHIP) and Jose Quintana (1-1, 3.76 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) go head-to-head. The bats were quiet again, this time losing 4-1.

Wheeler went 7.1 innings, allowing 7 hits and a walk which lead to 4 runs. He did, however, strike out 10.

Today we had just 5 hits, 4 singles and a Caratini double. Anderson drove in Teoscar Hernandez on a bases loaded hit by pitch with 2 otus.

April 30th, 2020: We ended the month and the Cubs series with the struggling Marcus Stroman (1-3, 6.35 ERA, 1.81 WHIP) taking on veteran Jon Lester (1-1, 3.15 ERA, 1.20 WHIP). I wanted to finish with a split. It would not happen, as we fell 7-3.

Stroman had another rough start, 7 hits and 4 runs with 2 walks in 3.2 innings. Again, no strike outs. He's averaging just 1 a start... Drew Steckenrider allowed 1 in the 6th, and Nick Rumbelow allowed 2 in 0.2 innings. He left the game with a dead arm and will head to the DL..

We had 8 hits, with both Brinson and Hernandez having two. Brinson doubled while Hernandez hit two solo homers. The only other run came in the 5th when Semien singled home Caratini. It was a dissapointing series as we dropped 3 home games.

After the game I purchased the contract of righty longman Taylor Widener. Acquired from Arizona in the 2018 offseason for Eliezer Alvarez (back in the organization), the former 12th round pick is set to make his MLB debut. He's got killer stuff and a 2.57 ERA with 15 K's in 14 innings in 8 appearences in AAA. He's generally a starter, but struggles in the highest level have pushed him to the pen. He'll join Bruce Suter in long relief.

We finished April 11-14, in last and 4 games out of first. We'd host the Mets for three then travel to Philly for four. The Mets are 15-10 and in first, the Phillies 13-13 and in third. We'd see Jacob deGrom (2-2, 3.03 ERA), Chris Sale (2-0, 1.41 ERA), and Marcos Molina (3-0, 1.15 ERA).

Below are screenshots of our stats so far this season:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #78
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 1st-May 7th

May 1st, 2020: Jordan Montgomery (1-2, 4.07 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) opened up the Mets series as we hosted Jacob deGrom (2-2, 3.03 ERA, 1.18 WHIP). I'd expect a pitching duel. I was right, but we allowed 2 in the 9th to fall 2-1.

Montgomery was near perfect, just 2 hits in 8 innings. He struck out 7, but walked 4. Brad Brach blew the save, allowing 2 on a go-ahead homer to Todd Frazier before Jamie Callahan shut the door for his 7th save.

We had just 7 hits, all singles. Victor Caratini and Charlie Tilson were the only guys with two. Tilson drove in Caratini for the only run in the 4th inning.

The Giants Madison Bumgarner tossed a 5-hit shut out in a 7-0 win over the Diamondbacks.

May 2nd, 2020: The Padres will be without Rowan Wick for the rest of the year with a torn labrum. He's struggled this season, but was really good last year in his rookie year.

Game two saw Zach Davies (4-1, 2.37 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) and Chris Sale (2-0, 1.41 ERA, 0.75 WHIP) go at it. The pen fell apart again, as we lossed 7-1.

Davies allowed just 1 run on 6 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 6. John Curtiss, who will be optioned, allowed 2 and got the loss. Drew Steceknrider allowed another and Brian Duensing allowed 3.

We managed just 6 hits. Lewis Brinson and Nicky Delmonico doubled in the 4th. Delmonico drove in Brinson for the only run.

I optioned the struggling Curtiss back to AAA and optioned the speedy Anthony Alford as well. Alford was hitting just .180/.241/.260 with a single homer and 6 RBI's to go with 4 steals. He's really struggled, and could use the minors to rebound.

May 3rd, 2020: I added CF Cedric Mullins and Dillon Peters to the active roster. Mullins was hitting .326/.354/.630 in AAA with 4 homers and 6 RBI's in 11 games. He also hit well in 6 games in AA too. Peters is hopefully temporary, as I placed a claim on Ian Gradeck, a 29-year-old Athletic.

Mullins hit 5th and manned center as Colin McHugh (1-3, 6.51 ERA, 1.63 WHIP) got the ball in the finale. His opponent would be Marcos Molina (3-0, 1.15 ERA, 0.99 WHIP) who had an amazing April, winning pitcher of the month. The bats woke up and we scored 5 in the 8th en route to a 7-3 victory.

McHugh allowed all three runs in his 5 innings of worked. He allowed 5 hits, walked 4, and struck out 5. Trevor Rosenthal earned the win with a scorless 8th, and Peters tossed a perfect 9th.

We exploded for 12 hits, including three from Garrett Hampson. Brian Anderson, Nicky Delmonico, and Lewis Brinson had two hits a piece. The first two had doubles along with Chris Shaw. Delmonico drove in two runs, giving him 25 on the year. Mullins was 0-for-4 with 3 strike outs in his season debut in Miami.

On to Philly for four. Now 12-16, we'd take on the 15-13 Phillies. We'd see Aaron Nola (4-1, 3.38 ERA), Edward Cabreara (0-0, 4.50 ERA), Nathan Eovaldi (3-3, 4.68 ERA), and JoJo Romero (0-0, 0.00 ERA).

May 4th, 2020: My claim of Ian Gardeck went through, which means Peters is back down to AAA. The sidearmer has pitched in both Cleveland and Oakland, working to a 2.08 ERA and 1.12 WHIP in 30.1 innings in the big leagues. The former 16th rounder of the Giants will pitch in middle relief.

We fell all the way to 24th in the latest edition of the power rankings.

Zack Wheeler (0-3, 4.23 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) got the ball in the opener as Aaron Nola (4-1, 3.38 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) and the Phillies welcomed us to the city of brotherly love. We scored 3 in the 9th to take the opener 4-3.

Wheeler went just 4, allowing 4 hits and 3 runs. He walked 3, but struck out 7. Taylor Widener made his MLB debut and tossed 3 perfect innings of relief, striking out 2 Phillies. Ian Gardeck got the win in his debut for us, and the Brach earned his 5th save in 6 attempts.

Teoscar Hernandez hoemred in the 3rd, and Cedric Mullins rebounded with a three run double in the 9th. Brian Anderson and Hampson had doubles as well. Anderson had the only multi-hit game with a single as well.

May 5th, 2020: Marcus Stroman (1-4, 6.84 ERA, 1.90 WHIP) took on 22-year-old Edward Cabrera (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 1.67 WHIP). Game two lasted 11 innings, and we prevailed 4-2.

Stroman had a solid start, 5 hits in 6.2 innings, allowing both runs. He walked 1 and struck out 3! 3! It's a miracle! The pen didn't budge, and Brach picked up the win, Rosenthal his 1st save.

We had just 5 hits all day, and three of them were from catcher Victor Caratini. He was a triple away from the cycle and drove in all three runs. Teoscar Hernadez doubled and Stroman himself singled for the last two hits. Anderson stole a base, his second of the year. We also turned three double plays, including a Brinson to Caratini double play that saved a run.

May 6th, 2020: Today the draft pool was published, as the next wave of stars will be born. Here's who OSA likes with potentials in my scout and their's (mine/OSA).

1. RHP Chad Brandenburg (3/4.5)
2. RHP Jake Florence (4.5/5)
3. RF Josh Crusan (2/4)
4. RHP Victor Mederos (3.5/5)
5. CF Gregorio Alvarenga (3/4)
6. RHP Sean Geise (1.5/5)
7. LHP Omari Justis (2/5)
8. LHP Eric Dawson (3.5/4.5)
9. RHP Amari Ifill (2.5/4.5)
10. CF Trejyn Fletcher (5/5)

My scout likes this pool much more then last year's which isn't saying much. Some other notable names would be RHP Mike Gilbert (5), CF Petey Halpin (5) and CF Mike Verbeck (5). If Verbeck wasn't so expensive, I'd want either of those three or Florence with my top pick. RHP Jose Hearn (4.5) and LHP Josh Weske (4.5) were good fallbacks as well. I feel like I could get a bunch of solid youngsters from this class.

Jordan Montgomery (1-2, 3.06 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) took on Nathan Eovaldi (3-3, 4.68 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) as we looked to win the series a day early. Today's game was called in the 7th, and we fell 4-2.

Montgomery allowed 4 in 4 off 5 hits while striking out 3. Brent Suter pitched the last 2 innings.

We had just 5 hits, 2 from the struggling Tyler Saladino who was perfect in his 2 at bats, along with a walk. Chris Shaw and Brian Anderson drove in the two runs.

The Phillies had a scare, with Bryce Harper leaving with an injury. His replacement? Lane Adams, someone we are familiar with.

Luis Severino tossed a 2 hit shut out as the Yankes topped the A's 3-0.

Trey Mancini went 5-for-6 in a Orioles 6-4 win over the Angels. He doubled twice and singled three times.

May 7th, 2020: Zach Davies (4-1, 2.23 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) took the mound against JoJo Romero (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) in the series finale. Harper was back in the lineup, just minor groin tightness.

5 run sin the 6th contributed to the Phillies 6-5 win to come away with a split. Davies allowed 4 in 5+ off 8 hits and a walk, while striking out 7. Kevin Chapman gave up the final 2 runs and picked up the loss.

We had just 8 hits, the only Marlin with more then one was Lewis Brinson who tripled and singled. Teoscar Hernandez drove in 2 and Nicky Delmonico doubled.

We're now just 14-18, and will head to San Diego to take on the 13-18 Padres for three, before an off day, three against the Dodgers in LA, and then an off day before we finish our long road trip.

Looking ahead to San Diego, we'd see Eric Lauer (0-1, 9.00 ERA), Bryan Mitchell (1-0, 4.61 ERA), and Clayton Richard (1-3, 4.88 ERA). We needed to start winning, losing isn't much fun...
Old 04-19-2018, 06:12 PM   #79
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 8th-May 14th

May 8th, 2020: Colin McHugh (1-3, 6.34 ERA, 1.65 WHIP) was on the mound against Eric Lauer (0-1, 9.00 ERA, 3.00 WHIP) as we opened up the series in San Diego. Today was awful, as we were destoryed 18-1.

McHugh allowed 8 in 4, Taylor Widener allowed 4 in just 1, and Brent Suter allowed 5 in 1.2 innings. Ian Gardeck allowed the last run in 1.1 innings. It was an awful night as a whole.

We had jusy 6 hits, a pair of doubles for Lewis Brinson and Tyler Flowers, and pitcher Gardeck shockingly tripled home a run for the only scoring in the game.

May 9th, 2020: Yasukazu Shiotani, who was hurt in Spring Training, is headed to AAA New Orleans for a lengthy rehab assignment. The 31-year-olds big league debut is much anticipated.

Tyler Flowers asked me for a trade, I'd think about fufilling it. None of the current offers really interested me.

We looked to bounce back in game two with Zack Wheeler (0-3, 4.55 ERA, 1.45 WHIP) taking on Bryan Mitchell (1-0, 4.61 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). We doubled our run total from yesterday, but still fell 5-2.

Wheeler allowed all 5 in 5 innings off 8 hits and a walk, while striking out 6. He's scuffled out of the gate.

We had just 6 hits, 2 a piece for Garrett Hampson and Victor Caratini. Caratini hit a solo homer, and Hampson drove in Marcus Semien off a single.

After the game I optioned Cedric Mullins to AAA and recalled D.J. Peters. He was hitting .050/.136/.100 in 6 games.

May 10th, 2020: We looked to avoid the embarassing sweep with Marcus Stroman (1-4, 6.00 ERA, 1.70 WHIP) taking on Clyaton Richard (1-3, 4.88 ERA, 1.53 WHIP). Peters hit 6th and played right. We failed, falling 4-3 in 15 innings.

Stroman pitched well, 7 innings with 7 hits and 3 runs, while walking 1 and striking out 3. Only two relievers allowed hits, Drew Steckerinder (5, but 0 runs) and Brent Suter (1 and 1 unearned run) who got the loss.

We had just 10 hits, although the leadoff man Hampson had 3. He hit a 2-run homer in the 5th. Nicky Delmonico hit a solo shot in the 6th off former Marlin Enny Romero and Tyler Saladino doubled in the 11th. Both Delmonico and Chris Shaw made errors in the game, while Charlie Tilson earned his 5th steal.

Detroit shut out the Nationals 5-0 as Michael Fulmer allowed just 3 hits.

Tommorow was off day to recover from our failures...

May 11th, 2020: Nick Rumbelow headed to AAA on a rehab assignment.

We're all the way down to 26th in the power rankings...

We're off to LA to face the 22-11 first place Dodgers and Ross Stripling (1-1, 4.71 ERA), Dennis Santana (1-0, 5.06 ERA), and Kenta Maeda (2-3, 5.08 ERA). We've falled to 14-21, and are looking absolutely terrible to start the year.

May 12th, 2020: Jordan Montgomery (1-3, 3.72 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) took the mound against Stripling (1-1, 4.71 ERA, 1.53 WHIP) for the opener. Somehow, we won 5-4...

Montgomery was great, just 1 in 6.1 innings off 7 hits and a walk. He struck out 7 Dodger hitters as well. Kevin Chapman allowed 3 runs in just 0.2 innings, and Brad Brach earned his 6th save of the year. Gardeck, Brian Duensing, and Widener earned holds.

We had 9 hits, including a 2-run homer from D.J. Peters. Lewis Brinson, Delmonico, and Semien had doubles. Delmonico's drove in a run, and the last two RBI's came from the pitcher Montgomery and pinch hitter Chris Shaw.

The Mets ace Noah Syndergaard tossed a 5-hit shutout in a 3-0 win over the Pirates. He's just 3-2, but he's got an amazing 1.56 ERA.

May 13th, 2020: Another arm headed to AAA on rehab as David Phelps joins Rumbelow and Shiotani.

I claimed RHP Antonio Senzatela and DFA'd Taylor Widener. Senz has starter potential, but has worked well in the pen, a 3.20 ERA and 1.14 WHIP in 25.1 innings.

Zack Davies (4-1, 2.83 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) took on Dennis Santana (1-0, 5.06 ERA, 1.69 WHIP) in game two of the series. It was a high scoring affair, and we eventually lossed 15-12.

Davies allowed 7 in 3.1 innings, walking and striking out just 1. Senzatela made his Marlins debut, allowing 4 unearned runs in 1.2 innings of 5 hits. It was the result of a Hampson error. Suter, who would lose his roster spot soon, gave up 4 in 2 innings.

We had 17 hits, with all starters except Charlie Tilson recording a hit, but he walked twice. Caratini had 4 hits while Semien and Delmoncio had 3. Caratini, Brinson, and Semien all his homers, while Semien doubled as well. Brinson and Tilson recorded steal, although Teoscar Hernandez was injured white getting caught stealing. Both Caratini and Brinson drove in 3 runs a piece, while 6 others drove in one.

May 14th, 2020: Hernandez's diagnosis came back, and it's a bruised thigh. He's DTD for just three days.

The finale saw Collin McHugh (1-4, 7.61 ERA, 1.80 WHIP) take on Kenta Maeda (2-3, 5.08 ERA, 1.57 WHIP). I gave Teo the day off in favor of D.J. Peters. We dropped the finale as well, falling 8-4.

McHugh was awful yet again, 6 runs in 3.1 innings. He walked 3 and struck out 1, while allowing 4 hits. Senzatela allowed the other 2 runs in 1.2 innings.

We had 10 hits, inclduing a double for Semien and triple for Brian Anderson. Semien, Hampson, and Brinson had two hits a piece in the game. Hampson, Delmonico, and Tilson drove in the only runs.

Luckily we had an off day tomorrow before heading home, since we were looking terrible. We've fallen all the way to 15-23, and are now 7 games out of first. We look a lot more like 2018 then 2019.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #80
ayaghmour2
Hall Of Famer

May 15th-May 21st

May 15th, 2020: The Rays will miss a key part of their bullpen in the young Jose Alvarado. He partilaly tore his UCL, ending his season. He's a career 3.01 ERA with a 1.39 WHIP with 167 strike outs in 140.2 innings.

During the off day I shopped around Tyler Flowers again, as he was angry about his playing time. He wasn't hitting much, so it may be a hard sell. I had an offer I liked lined up, and was awaiting response.

Looking ahead, we'd be hosting the 18-20 Reds. Our opponent's would be Luis M. Castillo (0-4, 5.18 ERA), Brandon Finnegan (1-2, 4.85 ERA), and Tyler Mahle (3-2, 5.09 ERA).

May 16th, 2020: I outrighted Taylor Widener to AAA. I was happy to keep him in the organization.

The Giants lost SP Jeff Samardzija for the year with a torn meniscus. The 35-year-old was having a rough 2020, which could mark the end of his career.

The Red Sox inked closer Craig Kimbrel to a 2-year, $36,000,000 extension. The former Brave and Padre has ammased 356 saves between the three teams, with 28 or more in each full season.

The opener saw former Marlin prospect Luis Castillo (0-4, 5.18 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) and Zack Wheeler (0-4, 5.51 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). Another dissapointing game saw us fall 5-2.

Wheeler allowed 4 in 5 innings off 5 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. The rest of the pen held the Reds scoreless.

Our whole offensive output was a Garrett Hampson 2 run homer in the 3rd. Nicky Delmonico had 2 hits, but we only had 5 for the entire game. Ironically, Wheeler was on base for Hampson's homer.

Jacob Faria had himself a game, striking out 18 in jsut 7 innings as the Rays beat the Red Sox 7-1. Don't get me wrong, in real life he's good with a ton of potential, but he's a God in this game. He's a 5* with insane stuff.

Randal Grichuck hit three homers in a 4-for-4 effort that lead to a 12-0 explosion as the Jays topped the Giants. He's got 18 homers this year, good for 2nd in the majors and the AL.

One more notable performance, as Jon Gray of the Rockies tossed a 6-0 shut out of the Cubs. He struck out just two, but allowed only 6 hits.

May 17th, 2020: A shocking move occured as the Brewers fired both GM David Stearns and Manager Craig Counsell. The Brew Crew are worse then us this year, so maybe they deserve it.

Marcus Stroman (1-4, 5.63 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) was on the mound against Brandon Finnegan (1-2, 4.85 ERA, 1.52 WHIP) for game two of the series. We lossed another close one 4-3, although all 3 of our runs came in the 7th.

Stroman allowed 4 runs in the 3rd, but lasted only 4 innings. He walked 3 and allowed 6 hits. He's pitching himself out of the rotation. Antonio Senzatela was brilliant in mop up, striking out 4 and allowing just a single hit in 3 innings. The whole pen combined for 5 shutout inings with 7 strike outs and the lone hit.

We stole a bunch of bases, Hampson swiped two, Brinson and Semien one, and did manage 8 hits. All of them were singles, but Hampson and Brinson had two a piece and drove in a run. The last RBI was from Delmonico.

Although if we got swept at home...

May 18th, 2020: So the Tyler Flowers trade finally materialized, and it saw 6 players swapping spots. We sent the distraught catcher, Drew Ward, and Riley Mahan to the Cubs for CF Josh Stowers, SP Chris Joyce, and CF D.J. Wilson. It looks like an absolute steal in my scouts eyes.

Starting with Stowers, the former 4th round pick is a 1.5/2.5 who can play all three outfield spots and has great speed. He's an above average hitter who can be a solid big league piece. Joyce is a 19th rounder, but has made great strides. He's got amazing stamina, and a really nice change up. He's a 2.5 potential who can be a solid mid-to-back of the rotation starter. Lastly Wilson, is rated as a 2/3.5 with amazing speed, elite centerfield defense, and a nice bat. He reminds me a lot of Lewis Brinson, sacraficing a bit of power for extra speed. Mahan and Ward are both 0.5* players, so it looks like an easy win.

I had roster moves to make. First, I purchased the contract of Cameron Rupp to be our new backup catcher. Next, I optioned D.J. Peters to AAA and purchased the contract of LF Khris Davis. I added the slugger on a minor league deal a little after Opening Day. He'd hit fourth and play left.

And we're all the way down to 29th in the Power Rankings...

Jordan Montgomery (2-3, 3.38 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) was on the mound for the finale against Tyler Mahle (3-2, 5.09 ERA, 1.16 WHIP). Davis was not in the lineup today. The finale was awful, as an 5 run 8th lead to the 7-1 loss...

Montgomery gave up just 2 in 6, but got the loss. He allowed only 3 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 4. Brian Duensing allowed 4 of the runs on 3 hits and a walk without getting an out.

And we only had 5 hits. Lewis Brinson's home run was the only scoring we managed.

This year has sucked...

Madison Bumgarner tossed a 12-0 shutout as the Giants destroyed the Rockies.

We're now a pathetic 15-26 and will host the 19-22 Arizona Diamondbacks. We'd see Robbie Ray (1-5, 5.44 ERA), Taijuan Walker (3-3, 3.02 ERA), and Rubby De La Rosa (2-2, 4.46 ERA).

May 19th, 2020: Brandon Kintzler joined the three rehabbing relievers in AAA. The only one nearing a return was Nick Rumbelow, but then he suffered hand soreness, and will head back to the DL.

We opened the D'Backs series with Zach Davies (4-2, 4.03 ERA, 1.32 WHIP) taking on Robbie Ray (1-5, 5.44 ERA, 1.52 WHIP). Davis was in the lineup and hit fourth. Another absolutely disgraceful game, and we lost 10-4.

Davies lasted just 3 innings, allowing 6 runs off 8 hits. Brad Barch pitched the 9th and allowed 2 runs off 3 hits and a walk.

We stole two bases, with Hampson and Semien recording the swipes. Hampson also doubled and Nicky Delmonico hit his 9th homer of the year. Semien and Brian Anderson were the only Marlins with multiple hits. Both had two singles.

We've lost 6 in a row and 9 of the last 10. And it's not like we're playing great teams...

May 20th, 2020: The O's lost Julio Urias for the year with a torn labrum. I placed a claim on him earlier in the year, but the Orioles had priority. He didn't allow a run in 7.1 innings with them.

I had no faith in winning today, as Colin McHugh (1-5, 8.32 ERA, 1.82 WHIP) took on Taijuan Walker (3-3, 3.02 ERA, 1.01 WHIP).

Ha, I guess I need to have no faith, as a 4 run 8th propelled us to a 7-4 win. McHugh wasn't any good, allowing 4 runs in 4 innings off 9 hits. I seriously considered designating him for assignment.

We did have 10 hits, including 2 from Delmonico, Brian Anderson, and Teoscar Hernandez. Anderson and Hernandez doubled, as well as the newcomer Davis. Teo and Victor Caratini had 2 RBI's a piece, and Teo stole a base as well. He did a bit of everything today.

We could actually win the series tommorow...

May 21st, 2020: We looked to win the series with Zack Wheeler (0-5, 5.40 ERA, 1.46 WHIP) taking on Ruby De La Rosa (2-2, 4.46 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). Cameron Rupp made his first start of the season for us.

Wheeler pitched like I knew he could, going 6 scorless as we combined to shut out the D'Backs 2-0. Could this be the sign of things to come?

We had just 5 hits, a double by Garrett Hampson that scored pinch hitter Charlie Tilson in the 6th, and 4 singles. Outfielders Tilson, Davis, and Brinson, as well Tyler Saladino had the other hits. Davis drove in Hampson later in the inning.

In some news around the league, Hanley Ramirez hit his 300th homer as the Angels beat the White Sox 7-6. He also hit his 2,000th hit earlier in the year.

Well, we've won two in a row and would face the Phillies for three more before taking a day off. After that we'd head to Chicago for three with the Cubs. With the Phillies, we'd see Jake Odorizzi's debut, as well as JoJo Romero (0-1, 6.62 ERA) and Vince Velasquez (2-3, 3.61). The Phils are 24-20, just 2 behind Atlanta, while we sit 9 back at 17-27.