Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Question OOTP 19 - Official FAQ Thread!

OK, I am sure many of you have questions about OOTP 19, so I have created this thread to collect the most common ones and the answers to them. We will update this post throughout the next few days

Again, here is our newsletter with all the info:
OOTP 19 Special Announcement Newsletter.

Q: Is there a Steam pre-order available?
A: No, the game is only available to pre-order as the eSellerate version from our webstore. But it can be added as an external game to your Steam library after release. The game launches on Steam March 22 with a 10% launch discount.

Q: When I pre-order now, how to I get early access to the final beta build of OOTP 19 on March 19?
A: You will receive an email with the download links on that date.

Q: The screenshots feature a dark interface, what's the deal?
A: We have changed the default skin to the dark version for OOTP 19. The game ships with two additonal light skins (modern + classic) so you can easily change the look (including choosing between 6 fonts) in the game settings.

Q: I read about some "Perfect Team" online game mode in the newsletter, what's that about?
A: We are extremely excited about Perfect Team, it has been in development for over a year and will be available as a public beta later this Spring and the officially launch this Summer. We will announce more details in the coming weeks, but in a nutshell is a combination of competitive online leagues and popular card collecting games like MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty or EA's Ultimate Team modes, but with a unique twist. It is a completely seperate mode and not woven into the core OOTP experience, so users who do not like such game modes can simply ignore it.

Q: Will Perfect Team take development time away from the core OOTP game?
A: No, we have hired special developers for PT who work on the mode, the core development team is not influenced. The goal with PT is to open a new market for OOTP, bringing in more revenue and eventually having more resources to improve both the core OOTP game and PT. It's a win-win!

Q: Perfect Team is not replacing traditional online leagues, right?
A: Right! Traditional online league functionality will remain in the game. PT does not touch or alter any existing features.

Q: Where are screenshots of the super-duper 3D & in-game enhancements?
A: We are still working hard on that part, and once we have something that we are ready to show off, we'll release more screens & info. But trust me, you will be impressed!

Q: Will 3D stadium files used in previous version still work in OOTP 19?
A: Yes, previous versions should work. But the new ones are stunning! We're certain that you'll love them!

Q: Will Challenge Mode return? If so, will the leaderboard and achievements count be reset to zero?
A: Yes, and OOTP 19 leaderboards will start at zero. OOTP 18 leaderboards will remain active and accessible.

Q: With the addition of pitcher arm slots to the game this year I'm curious what effects this will have? Or is it just a cosmetic feature?
A: It's more than just cosmetic! It has an influence on platoon splits as its main effect. Also, it gives your players a bit more personality.

Q: Are the new compensation rules for free agents going to be in this version?
A: We're looking into it. First we need to understand them ourselves, and that's not the easiest thing in the world!

Q: New tournament modes sounds great! I really want to have an FA Cup style tournament with the teams in my promotion/rel dynasty. Can I do this?
A: Yes, but to be honest doing tournaments like this will take some manual work, especially if you want to have them schedule games during another league's season. It is possible though!

Q: Another tournament question, can tournament games against other leagues count in the regular season standings?
A: No, tournaments are completely separate from other leagues. But tournaments can certainly draw in teams from multiple other leagues.

Q: Wow, tournaments sound pretty exciting! Another question about them. How many teams could you have in the new tournament modes and are there options for single or double elimination?
A: The limits are the same as any other tournament, so, like, a lot of teams. And playoff options are the same as they are now (regular, modified double-elimination, and round-robin).

Q: I'm a woman but when I play OOTP it always thinks I'm a man. Any chance OOTP19 will change that?
A: Absolutely! We're adding the option this year to play as a female GM/manager. The game will address the player as Ms. and will generate female facegens! Though to be honest, for the moment the facegens leave something to be desired. You might want to make and load your own.

Q: You mentioned the ai will handle two-way player like Ohtani better. How will that happen?
A: We're still fine-tuning the system, but the main way is we'll have a flag in the player strategy whether to consider someone as a two-way player. That way, when the AI is building lineups or managing in-game, we'll look to use that player. There are other changes too (we've tweaked the fatigue model so that a batter may be fatigued the day after he starts, but he'll be able to bat fine a couple days later, like Ohtani has and is expected to do).

Q: Just wondering what the reasonable (not minimum) specs might be for the new release, especially concerning 3D.
A: The requirements should be roughly the same as last year. If needed, there are a few options within the 3D to tone it down (simplified audience, for example). So if you were ok with OOTP18 you should be ok with OOTP19 as well!

Q: I hate how OOTP has limited namesets and some countries just have such weird and wrong names, like Israel. Is this any better in OOTP19?
A: Yes! We're adding the ability to add unlimited namesets and ethnicities to OOTP, so you'll be able to download/create as many different custom namesets as you want. We've also improved some default namesets as well. For example the Korean set is much better and more accurate now!

Q: The game is crashing or freezing for me, help!
A: The first thing to do is to update your video and sound card drivers. On a Mac, to install the latest OS update. Also, if you are on Steam or Origin please try disabling the Steam/Origin in-game overlay. IF you still have issues, please check out the instructions in this thread.

Okay, looking forward to your questions.

Cheers,
Markus

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-28-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Perfect Team is not replacing traditional online leagues, right?
Old 01-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Nope. Traditional online league functionality will remain in the game PT does not touch / alter any existing features.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Right.

It's an entirely new mode, it's not replacing anything!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Are the new compensation rules for Free Agents going to be in this version?
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Will the Challenge Mode return? If so, will the leaderboard and achievements count be reset to zero?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Will the Challenge Mode return? If so, will the leaderboard and achievements count be reset to zero?
Challenge Mode does return.

I'm not absolutely certain about the leaderboards but I'm pretty sure there will be new leaderboards for OOTP19.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #8
jct32
Bat Boy

Wow, if the 3D graphics continue to improve as they have the past couple of years then I might not be able to be pulled from this game. Very impressed.
jct32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
Wow, if the 3D graphics continue to improve as they have the past couple of years then I might not be able to be pulled from this game. Very impressed.
Yes, the OOTP rabbit hole posses a serious threat to the social life of humanity.

BTW, does anyone think it's strange that I don't follow real baseball anymore (outside of schadenfreude for the Boston Red Sox) I just follow the development of OOTP?
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #10
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Not a question but just want to say I love the new default skin, based on the screenshots it's the best you've ever done. Good work! I'm also happy there's support for multiple fonts. That kind of thing is so important in such a text-heavy game.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #11
Auk14HP
Bat Boy

• Will assigning tasks to scouts do anything this year?
  • Will "shop a player" only result in one-for-one trades or will it now include multi-player options?
Auk14HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Are the new compensation rules for Free Agents going to be in this version?
We're looking into it. First I need to understand them personally, lol
Old 01-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yes, and OOTP 19 leaderboards will start at zero. OOTP 18 leaderboards remain active and accessible.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #14
jabail
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We're looking into it. First I need to understand them personally, lol
Hey, Markus

In case you haven't seen it, this is the best explanation I've seen about the new rules so far:
https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/11/07/ml...alifying-offer

Game looks great! Keep up the good work!
jabail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #15
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Are one of the awards you can vote on now the 'Manager of the Year' award?
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #16
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

No New International Leagues? What about history of those leagues?

Will the playoff stats for MLB be loaded for new quickstarts for 2018? They were only completely loaded in historical mode last year.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
No New International Leagues? What about history of those leagues?

Will the playoff stats for MLB be loaded for new quickstarts for 2018? They were only completely loaded in historical mode last year.
No and no on the international leagues. There really aren't many more to add anyway!

The playoff stats should come loaded I think, but might have to check on that to be 100% certain.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #18
hjrrockies
Minors (Single A)

What details can you give us on the new scouting system? What are the main changes I should be looking forward to?
hjrrockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #19
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auk14HP View Post
  • Will assigning tasks to scouts do anything this year?
  • We're still looking into that to see what might make sense (or if it does nothing, get rid of the function)
    Quote:
  • Will "shop a player" only result in one-for-one trades or will it now include multi-player options?
Still 1 for 1 deals. At some point I at least want to be able to shop players while retaining some salary, but that may not make it in before release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Are one of the awards you can vote on now the 'Manager of the Year' award?
Not currently, no. Wanted to focus on the players first, but once we have those working fine, fixing up the MOY award is an obvious next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjrrockies View Post
What details can you give us on the new scouting system? What are the main changes I should be looking forward to?
We're still finalizing what exactly needs changing there. The main changes are related to the report text, but we've also done a lot of work under the covers to make sure ratings are more consistent and logical, for both scouting on and off.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #20
mattlew7062
Minors (Single A)

Will there be any new features in the default online league system?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mattlew7062 is offline   Reply With Quote