Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #881
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnichols78 View Post
The Royals used roster tricks to pull that off. Those players all replaced players that were on the disabled list as of August 31. In addition, the Royals opened up an extra spot by calling up Michael Mariot with a few days left in August and immediately placed him on the 60 day DL to free up both a 40 man spot and yet another playoff roster spot that could be replaced by anyone on the 40 man roster of their choosing.
Doesn't explain how the Giants pulled it off. They added 4-5 Sept call-ups to the Wild Card game & took Tim Hudson, Ryan Vogelsong (not injured) off. Then after Bumgarner easily shut down the Pirates, they took Brown, Quiroz, & others off the playoff roster & added Hudson, Vogelsong back to the roster for the NLDS vs. the Nats.

It is my understanding that the playoff rosters are more fluid than before.

My point: Anyone in the organization can be on the 40-man as long as they got there by August 31. And become playoff eligible when they are placed on the 40-man.

Last edited by diamondparoxysm; 04-09-2015 at 01:35 PM.
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #882
josiah72
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
Check your Scouting Accuracy setting. Sounds like it's set at 100% accurate.
Thank you for the response, but that's not it. Accuracy is set for normal, and the underlying ratings for contact, power, etc., differ between OSA and my scout. It's only the overall ratings that are exactly the same.
josiah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #883
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

In league history for the AL 2015 season as you can see, the SS/Platinum Stick award winners are being listed directly under the GG winners, but it doesn't specify SS/Platinum Stick.

It appears fine for the NL, so I think it's only an AL issue.
Attached Images

Last edited by Habsfan18; 04-09-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #884
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Here's the NL screen
Attached Images
Old 04-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #885
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Noticed that some ABL are re-signing some players for a ridiculous amount (4x what their revenue is) which obviously is causing a problem.

I would upload a ftp but it's telling me it would take 7+ hours to upload and don't have the time tonight but I'll try and upload the save tomorrow when I get up, but I've put some screenshots up here in the meantime to demonstrate the issue.

Long has played 4 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 3 full seasons)
Optiz has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Sookee has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Rivera has played 0 seasons in ABL (signed 480k deal 3 months after becoming free agent from American independent league)

As you can see on my financials screen there's no way a 800k+ contract should be getting handed out in the league. Even 90k contract is a bit high, but that one isn't a big issue as it's much closer to what the contract values should be.

On another note with ABL, while it might not be the 'official' rules might be worth restricting the number of foreign players on the active roster in the ABL as it seems to get really out of control after a couple of years. AI controlled teams just keep signing marginal foreign players and pushing out all Australian players from the active roster when in reality most ABL teams have at least a few Australian players on there.

EDIT: Checking some of the other leagues, and 3 Frontier League teams just signed 3 free agents (all previously played in independent leagues) for 3.8m, 494k and 484k respectively. Also a team from the Pecos League signed a free agent (never played above AA) for 489k.

EDIT2: Sped up and looks like the upload to the ftp finished, uploaded file is under the name SaulGoodmanSave

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 04-09-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #886
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

It appears teams are allowing pretty good prospects to be available in the Rule 5 draft. This guy for example, was left unprotected by the Pirates. They have 3 other catchers on the 40-man roster, but they aren't anything special.

This player was considered the 29th rated prospect in all of baseball, and was surely the best catcher going forward for the Pirates.

There were quite a few good prospects left unprotected. Aaron Nola was left unprotected by the Phillies and was a 3.5 star rating (current and potential) guy. 24 players in total were claimed in the rule 5.

edit: I should note that there are 2 expansion teams, so this is likely why there were so many players claimed (by the 2 new teams). But that still doesn't explain why some pretty good prospects are being left unprotected.
Attached Images

Last edited by Habsfan18; 04-09-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #887
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

In an update to posts 883 and 884 above regarding Silver Sluggers, the same thing happens in the ***.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #888
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I made a fictional league. A bunch of settings were changed. I had it set to play 162 games, but for some reason teams are playing between 150-154 games. Magic numbers are still showing up even though the season and playoffs are complete. This appears to be a bug to me (the fact that there are still magic numbers after the season is over is an indicator), but I'm thinking it's some combination of options I used or custom playoffs or something that has screwed things up. Help!

Thanks. The file has been uploaded to the FTP server as KStatsOnly. A screenshot of the final standings (including the date of 10/28 and the Playoffs tab) is also posted here.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ruthian23; 04-09-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #889
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Closers have won the Cy Young award 3 times out of 4 years now. Not sure if this is a coincidence, but it appears to be a trend in my game. It can happen, but it should be rare.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #890
Empayes
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empayes View Post
Star ratings don't change when switching between OSA and Scouting Director. I don't believe this is intentional?
Excuse my double-nagging, but I believe this hasn't been fixed yet? Thanks.
Empayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #891
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empayes View Post
Excuse my double-nagging, but I believe this hasn't been fixed yet? Thanks.
There are other bugs reporter earlier that haven't been fixed, so I wouldn't assume that the fact it hasn't been fixed means they don't know. It could just be that the one you reported, the feeder league bug I reported a while back, and any others that are still showing up are proving a tricky fix, or that the volume of bug reports is just so high they haven't been able to get to them all yet. You should see their FTP server. I have faith they'll get to them eventually.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #892
Tim Tellean
Minors (Triple A)

Drew Storen facegen is using Rafael Soriano's face.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #893
RRuszczyk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ruszczyk Solo League

When using complete scouting, simming from Dec 31st to Jan 1st in most years causes the program to not respond when doing team scouting. Running OSA and human rescout on Dec 31st does not cause the time out. I'm unable to figure out how exactly to get around this without losing league history.

Running OOTP 16 Patch #3 for Windows as of time of upload.

Configuration is OOTP and all data installed and saved on SSD. Temp file for C:/ on separate HDD listed as D:/ if that matters.

League files is listed under the .zip folder name Ruszczyk Solo League 1.zip

Last edited by RRuszczyk; 04-10-2015 at 02:15 PM.
RRuszczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #894
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Simmed another couple of years and ABL/some American Indie leagues are still signing a few players for amounts that are far above their financial limit so doesn't seem to be a 1 off issue, happening every season pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Noticed that some ABL are re-signing some players for a ridiculous amount (4x what their revenue is) which obviously is causing a problem.

I would upload a ftp but it's telling me it would take 7+ hours to upload and don't have the time tonight but I'll try and upload the save tomorrow when I get up, but I've put some screenshots up here in the meantime to demonstrate the issue.

Long has played 4 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 3 full seasons)
Optiz has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Sookee has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Rivera has played 0 seasons in ABL (signed 480k deal 3 months after becoming free agent from American independent league)

As you can see on my financials screen there's no way a 800k+ contract should be getting handed out in the league. Even 90k contract is a bit high, but that one isn't a big issue as it's much closer to what the contract values should be.

On another note with ABL, while it might not be the 'official' rules might be worth restricting the number of foreign players on the active roster in the ABL as it seems to get really out of control after a couple of years. AI controlled teams just keep signing marginal foreign players and pushing out all Australian players from the active roster when in reality most ABL teams have at least a few Australian players on there.

EDIT: Checking some of the other leagues, and 3 Frontier League teams just signed 3 free agents (all previously played in independent leagues) for 3.8m, 494k and 484k respectively. Also a team from the Pecos League signed a free agent (never played above AA) for 489k.

EDIT2: Sped up and looks like the upload to the ftp finished, uploaded file is under the name SaulGoodmanSave
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #895
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It appears teams are allowing pretty good prospects to be available in the Rule 5 draft. This guy for example, was left unprotected by the Pirates. They have 3 other catchers on the 40-man roster, but they aren't anything special.
I second this. I am able to pick up 1 or 2 good players every year in the Rule 5 draft.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #896
Otrex
Minors (Single A)

Apologies if this has been noted, but imported player pictures randomly disappear and return to generated player images. I cannot find any direct cause, although I suspect it might be when players are moved on the depth charts, followed by a manager simulation of the next game.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #897
BigCity
All Star Starter

Story problem when starting a historic year....

SAMPLE:

Postseason Bid Ends for Detroit: The Detroit Tigers put up a good fight in a quest for a playoff spot, but ultimately were missing a few ingredients to make a good enough run. Today the club is officially out of contention.

The Tigers are still searching for their first playoff appearance. They haven't made the playoffs in all 66 years of their history.Detroit last won the World Series in 1945.

The problem is in the last 2 sentences. One says no playoffs in 66 years (referring to the fact I started this league in 1947). The other sentence says they last won the WS in 1945.

It appears the 1st sentence is looking at playoffs in your replay league, and the 2nd sentence is referring to actual history.

Last edited by BigCity; 04-12-2015 at 10:12 PM.
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #898
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Contracts are tending to get a bit out of hand..

I understand salaries are trending upwards, but in my file (I'm in 2018) players are starting to sign for 35 million per, if not more. This despite my average superstar quality player salary in the league financials section being marked to 20 million.

It was an extension, so maybe that's why it's so high? The free agent signings seem fine, but the extensions are pretty huge.
Attached Images

Last edited by Habsfan18; 04-10-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #899
jb21045
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrex View Post
Apologies if this has been noted, but imported player pictures randomly disappear and return to generated player images. I cannot find any direct cause, although I suspect it might be when players are moved on the depth charts, followed by a manager simulation of the next game.
Yep, having the same issue. Sometimes the player photo will appear on his profile but during game play it will change to a fictional FaceGen image when he's in the field or at-bat. Seems to happen a lot for visiting players. Other times the photo will just disappear randomly from everything and I have to reupload it.

Also still having the issue with JimUnknowns appearing on my minor league roster.

(Uploaded my league files and named them "jb21045". hope that helps)
jb21045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #900
Leroux24
Bat Boy

Crash when starting a new game

Hi, I just got the game however everytime I start it up and try to start a new game it crashes during the loading screen once it reaches 100%. How do I fix this?
I would have gone and sent a support ticket but the game data doesn't hold the configuration file needed for me to generate a trace file.
Leroux24 is offline   Reply With Quote