Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

TBCB on the radio!

A fellow TBCB player, Dennis Taylor, also is a writer at a California newspaper and hosts a boxing program on Sunday mornings at KNRY in Monterey.

He has graciously agreed to have a quick segment on TBCB this coming Sunday where he will interview me. Needless to say, I am a bit nervous and hope that I'll be able to keep from being tongue-tied.

The show runs from 9:AM to 10:AM (PST) and can be heard live at the link above. Dennis will hopefully be able to send us an MP3 file of the show (I will be on somewhere around 9:30) which Andreas will post for all of us hear. If there is any interest, perhaps we can get future shows posted as well given that the radio station does not provide archived material.

Anyway, pray for me! I hope Dennis will pop in and say a bit more about his activities.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
meade95
Hall Of Famer

Great PR news. I'm sure you will do fine. Best of luck.
meade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meade95 View Post
Great PR news. I'm sure you will do fine. Best of luck.
Thanks - it is great for our little game. Dennis will be giving away free versions of TBCB2 on-air that Andreas made available.

I just hope that I don't have to change my name and go into hiding after stumbling through this thing!

Dennis seems very laid back so I am sure that it will go well.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
a87star
Hall Of Famer

That's great news Chris! I'll definitely be listening on Sunday. Every little bit of PR for our beloved boxing sim will go a long way to getting new customers.

P.S. Break a leg
a87star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
hamed

You'll do just fine Chris!

BTW, don't swear while you're on the air - I think they have laws against it or something.
hamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a87star View Post

P.S. Break a leg
Thanks Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed View Post
BTW, don't swear while you're on the air - I think they have laws against it or something.
I assume that they don't have a ****ing swear filter. (I'll keep it clean)
Old 11-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I co-hosted a sports talk radio show here in Utica a few times about ten years ago. It was a lot of fun. Sports talk radio has taken a nose dive industry wide, with a few exceptions, in the past 7-8 years.

In the early 90s, there was a boxing show on 610 WIP out of Philadelphia, hosted by Russell Peltz that was great. For some reason they discontinued that show.

MJ
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Way to go Chris i will be listening in. Great to see this game getting some pub.
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #9
bear
Global Moderator

Way to go, Chris.

Bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
comicfanman
All Star Starter

Another listener here

Great chance to maybe get other people interested in a great game. I'm sure you'll be fine - count to ten before it starts - KO - LOL

Way to go!!!
comicfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
Claybor
All Star Starter

Cool beans.
Claybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #12
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Great job Chris in securing the interview!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #13
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
Great job Chris in securing the interview!
Nothing on my end except saying 'ok'. If he does pop in, Dennis Taylor is the one to thank and congratulate.

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys. It should be great fun as long as no one calls in asking me how the head-to-head betting works.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #14
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
Still don't understand why I didn't get to go on air
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #15
Thunder
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Nothing on my end except saying 'ok'. If he does pop in, Dennis Taylor is the one to thank and congratulate.

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys. It should be great fun as long as no one calls in asking me how the head-to-head betting works.
I'm calling, and calling and calling . . and asking head-to-head betting (not that I've ever even heard of it), three-round TKO points stoppages and Mike Weaver's 5 overall rating.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

The only issue I have with the game is that there are too many stoppages due to cuts. If anyone places a call, it should be positive.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:29 AM   #17
Lee
Global Moderator

Great news Chris, you'll do fine, just picture all the listeners naked....well maybe everyone but Cap
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #18
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Great news Chris, you'll do fine, just picture all the listeners naked....well maybe everyone but Cap
Great. Now I've got that disgusting image stuck in my head...

As my dear faither used to say, Chris, Good boy you! Knock 'em dead! Uh...though not literally. I think there may be laws against that somewhere.

Cap
Old 11-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #19
hamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Thanks Kent

I assume that they don't have a ****ing swear filter. (I'll keep it clean)
LOL, I knew you would Chris.

It would be funny if you did & your host says: "Wow, I didn't see that coming & didn't think I'd have to hit the delay button today".
hamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #20
dtaylor@montereyherald.co
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey, Chris, Andreas, and fellow Title Bout players.
I'm more excited about this week's Ringside Boxing Show than any previous one -- including last week, when we had Riddick Bowe in the studio with us -- simply because Title Bout and OOTP Baseball are two of the greatest games I've ever played. (And that, from a lifetime Strat-o-Matic Fanatic).
I can't wait to talk to Chris about this game and find out how the heck this amazing thing was created, who in the TB family is the genius behind rating all of the fighters, what it takes to put together a new version, what the future looks like, etc.
This is the most laid-back, informal show you'll ever hear -- hey, I'm a sports columnist, not a radio guy, and I've only been on the air for a month -- so, Chris, forget about the nerves. It'll be fun and easy.
We need the rest of the TB Nation to listen that day (9-10 a.m., California time, noon-1 East Coast), call in to talk boxing, call in with any questions for Chris, call in to win the TB2 game we'll be giving away on the air Sunday.
Then, do us all a huge favor and spread the word about our radio show to every boxing fan you know that we're on the Internet every Sunday. Help us build a huge audience, which will lead to terrific on-air guests, great sponsors, maybe some amazing give-aways.
Right now, we're following some kind of weird, religious programming, and we're leading in a jazz music show, so people are mostly discovering us by accident, if at all. Word of mouth is going to be really important to build this program, which, as of this week, is only a month old.
It's so much fun being the co-host of a 1-hour boxing show every week, and it'll be even more of a blast if I know you guys are out there listening.
Thanks, guys. See you all Sunday,
Dennis Taylor, co-host (with David Marzetti) of the Ringside Boxing Show on www.knry.com. Call in at 831-373-1234.

Last edited by dtaylor@montereyherald.co; 11-22-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Subject line: Chris on the radio!
dtaylor@montereyherald.co is offline   Reply With Quote