Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-14-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
JMack70
Bat Boy

Lightbulb My personal FHM Wishlist

Hi,

I'm new member to this forum although have been getting mods from here (to OOTP and FHM). Like your games a lot, especially OOTP20. That even though I like hockey much more than baseball, but it truly presents all that's great in management games.

My Wishlist for the next FHM would be following:

1. Hotseat multiplayer or at least ability to play multiplayer game like a normal game with many managers, able to trade and function without comissioner mode. It's already included in OOTP20 so maybe you could get some tips from there. Also many other management games have this.

2. Ability to create association like in OOTP20 and setup playoffs for the association. So you could for example create association between NHL & KHL and put four best from each league against each other. This would be really interesting feature even if it is a fictional one.

3. New 2D match engine. I know this might be a big ask but it would be nice to see better how your tactics work in game. There could be also option to view only key moments.

4. European leagues in Historical mode. Not meaning from the beginning (1917) but rather from 1990s forwards. And maybe only include few leagues like Sweden, Finland, Russia and Czech.

5. European trade form/overlay change. To be able to select different league where you want to trade a player from. Could be with two comboboxes, one with league, another which already exist, the team.

Here is my wishlist. Would also like to hear wishlists from others.

Last edited by Adam B; 03-22-2020 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Title Change
JMack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:55 AM   #2
Greenert11
Major Leagues

I made a thread earlier with features I would also like.
-Expanded playoff format ro24, ro32, ro48, ro64 (would have to adjust the schedule a bit to fit in the extra rounds)

-Adjustable frequency of injuries (you can completely disable them but sometimes I'd like to be able to turn them down not completely off)

-Separate the RD and LD on the depth chart

-Up to 90 game schedule (same as expanded playoff format would have to adjust the frequency of regular-season games to fit them in, picked 90 because you can have a 90 team league in custom games, enough to play everyone once)

-Coach only mode

-Be able to shortlist while unemployed (good for commissioner)

-Be able to add a rival league (add a rival league and have options for exhibition games, and league merger)
Greenert11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
Schifty
Major Leagues

Having the NCAA playable, We only have the CHL as a junior major league to play
Schifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #4
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

in Historical mode be able to have AHL, ECHL, Major Juniors U18 everything that current standard game has except for in historical mode as I want to be able to go back to 2000 but i want to be able to have everything that the current saves have
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #5
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter

"Meatier" surroundings. News about fans reacting when a star player gets traded, more player reactions to stuff happening, things like that.

The base is pretty good as it is, I just want more of everything and a "universe" even more alive.
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:50 PM   #6
JMKraus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would like a better presentation of trades, drafted players and future draft picks, a bit like EHM in an unified journal.

Also, I would like:
-Display trades including the name of the drafted players if there are picks involved.
-Set trade preferences, if we prefer to receive offers with picks or players or both.
-Display also where the drafted players currently are (team and level), in the team drafts log.
JMKraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMack70 View Post
2. Ability to create association like in OOTP20 and setup playoffs for the association. So you could for example create association between NHL & KHL and put four best from each league against each other. This would be really interesting feature even if it is a fictional one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenert11 View Post
Expanded playoff format ro24, ro32, ro48, ro64 (would have to adjust the schedule a bit to fit in the extra rounds)
-Up to 90 game schedule (same as expanded playoff format would have to adjust the frequency of regular-season games to fit them in, picked 90 because you can have a 90 team league in custom games, enough to play everyone once)
-Be able to add a rival league (add a rival league and have options for exhibition games, and league merger)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixfingers View Post
"Meatier" surroundings. News about fans reacting when a star player gets traded, more player reactions to stuff happening, things like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKraus View Post
-Display trades including the name of the drafted players if there are picks involved.
-Set trade preferences, if we prefer to receive offers with picks or players or both.
-Display also where the drafted players currently are (team and level), in the team drafts log.
Agree to quoted above.
Would also like to see any number of scheduling/playoffs options.
higher contract/protection limit - above 99.
better UI tools for commish mode (checkboxes to move/free agent/retire multiple players at once.
ability to have more than 2 farm teams
EDIT: point shares (offensive, defensive and goalie)
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.

Last edited by johnnybourbon; 04-08-2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added point shares
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #8
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

- In the tactics screen for 4-on-4 and 3-on-3, there are still some 5-on-5 options available, like 2-3, 1-2-1-1, etc. That doesn't make sense when there are less players on the ice, it should be adjusted accordingly.

- We can only play with a 12+8 lineup, but it should also be possible to play with 13+7

- In the search screen, I'd like to be able to sort players by their role values. For example, I want to see who has the highest value as "Counterattacking Foward", or who as "Shutdown Defenseman", etc

- I'd like to be able to create my own preseason schedule

- The WJC should have the correct groups and schedule (not sure about the men's Worlds, I'm not that far yet)

- International tournaments should also exist in historical game

- If i can take over a new club team in the middle of a savegame, I should also be able to do that with a national team

- Adding a new GM should also be possible in an offline game

- National team rosters should be saved between the tournaments, not emptied. Saved lineups don't work with national teams, even if the same 23 players return.

- A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) - this is not the case in the game, demotions always require waivers

- The player search screen is veeery rudimentary, the filters should include much more variables. Random example: I want to search for a LW who has at least 14 in Offensive Read, at least 12 in Checking, and has a cap hit of max 5M.

The latter four things work in Eastside Hockey Manager, which is an older game, so it's possible
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:40 AM   #9
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post

- International tournaments should also exist in historical game

- National team rosters should be saved between the tournaments, not emptied. Saved lineups don't work with national teams, even if the same 23 players return.

I agree about international tournaments in historical mode. Olympics and Canada Cup's should be neat to have.

About bolded part...I think that wouldn't be realistic, because in real life you don't see same 23 players for every tournament. Swiss team uses preparation tournaments to give opportunity to some potential new guys, maybe younger one's not to check one's who are already locks for NT (Diaz, Moser to name a few). Having said that I think it is ok to have empty roster for NT's.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #10
Anton
Minors (Double A)

-Options for an 'Association' or something similar to allow for 2 professional leagues (or more?) to inter-mingle while remaining otherwise independent of one another.

-Continued development of environmental evolution. This years' game took a major step in this direction so major props for that.

-Player History pages that appear and function similar to OOTP. Awards, Career Earnings and Leaderboard positions would specifically be cool to see, especially post-retirement.

-The ability to turn 'Historical Player Database' and 'Random Debut' on/off across all game types.

-The option to change entry/amateur draft dates at will across all game types.

-Separation of 'Assistant Set Lineups' and 'Assistant Set Tactics'
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #11
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
About bolded part...I think that wouldn't be realistic, because in real life you don't see same 23 players for every tournament. Swiss team uses preparation tournaments to give opportunity to some potential new guys, maybe younger one's not to check one's who are already locks for NT (Diaz, Moser to name a few). Having said that I think it is ok to have empty roster for NT's.
Yes but what I mean is: keep all available players in the roster. If someone is injured (or retired, etc) then okay, he'll be removed automatically. But if I want to bring back 15 of 23 players, it's easier to switch 8 players than adding 23 from scratch, doing all lines from scratch, etc.

This doesn't prevent me from making a total turnover. If I want to replace 23 players, I'm still allowed to do it. Therefore, there's no downside to this. But the downside to an empty roster is that I always have to rebuild from zero, especially because saved lineups don't work. Lines, minutes, roles, tactics, you have to start everything from zero.

If at least the saved lineups/saved tactics worked, it'd already be a big help.

Last edited by Irr11; 04-10-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #12
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

This one existed in the old EA Sports Football/Soccer Manager: you could "talk" to players, i.e. you had standard sentences you could tell them. For example, "great game". Usually, this would increase the mood of the player, but it could also make him complacent. Or "I expect more from you!". Depending on how he can handle criticism (and I think this rating exists in FHM), he'd either be offended or it'd increase his motivation to be better next time. There were many more of these interactions that would affect the mood of the players, but you still had to be careful: for example, if you repeated a motivational sentence too often, it'd get annoying and thus have a reverse effect.
There was also the option to say something to your team before a game, especially before rivalries, which would fit well with FHM6's new feature. It increased their intensity for that game. You could also talk at half-time. If you were down by a few goals you could yell at them and it'd fire them up.
And you also had the option "this is the game of the year!", which you could use only once per season but the effect was like the mushroom in Super Mario.

In summary: I miss interacting with players in FHM.