Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Complete Universe Facegen Pack

--------------------Information-------------------

This project seeks to provide a facegen for every single player and staff member in the game - MLB live, MLB historical, MiLB, independent, and foreign. Because of the ambitious nature of the project, it may ultimately never truly be finished; however, at present, it includes over 47,000 facegen files, which is a very significant portion of the player database. It was also this project which helped push OOTP towards the use of historical minors ID for facegen file names. This design decision allows for players with the same name to have easily differentiated facegens.

This project was started by qcbandits who has since abandoned it. I was originally working with him directly and have since picked up where he left off. In the interest of preserving information, his thread can be found here. Be aware that any links there are most likely non-operational, and any that do work will simply be an outdated version of this same project.

------------Commitment to Quality-------------

I want the quality of this pack to be as high across the board as it can be. In an effort to assure this, if you have any issues with a missing, incorrect, or low quality facegen, please let me know and I will do my best to address it for the next release. The easiest method of contact is simply to post in this forum thread; however, I can also be easily found via the OOTP official discord. If needed, I can also be contacted about the facegen pack via email at ootp.facegen.pack@gmail.com

------------------Download Links------------------

Everything we have - This is the full pack download. If you're just starting use of the pack, or would like a fresh install, this is your starting point
  1. Full Pack Zip (Last updated May 13, 2022)

Piecemeal Additions - These are facegens created after the pack was last compiled into the zip folder posted above. They will eventually be added to the rest of the pack and re-zipped and released as a larger all-in-one style update. Downloading from these folders is only needed if you want to keep extremely on top of updates.
  1. Jan 1, 2022 - May 13, 2022 (Incorporated into full pack download)
  2. May 13, 2022 - Present

------------Installation Instructions-----------

Windows:
  1. Download and extract the zip file from the link above
  2. Delete or rename the existing fg_files folder in your OOTP install folder
  3. Copy the downloaded fg_files folder into your OOTP install folder
Mac
  1. Make sure OOTP isn't running.
  2. Go to the folder /Users/(username)/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 22.
  3. Delete the folder fg_files.
  4. Add the downloaded folder, also named fg_files.
Notes:
  • Newly created leagues will have the facegens load automatically.
  • Older leagues will need to have player pictures updated in order for them to display: League Settings -> Players & Facegen -> Check all picture files of all teams and leagues
  • Perfect Team facegens will update whenever you download a new simulation

------------Credits and Thank You's-----------
  • AESP_pres, for contributing facegens
  • beepollen, for writing up Mac installation instructions
  • BigRed75, for work identifying file name errors
  • LansdowneSt, for contributing facegens
  • Makonnen, for contributing facegens
  • qcbandits, for creating the project initially
  • silvam14, for huge help on file renaming
  • Tinis, for contributing facegens

I'd also like to thank the countless facegen creators in the past whose facegens were incorporated into this massive pack as part of its initial creation. I unfortunately cannot thank you all individually, but your work is the foundation on which this pack was built.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 05-13-2022 at 09:13 PM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Nothing shows up in 9 zip.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Thank you, FancySkunk for jumping right on top of this. To all of those who have contributed to this project, you've made OOTP so much better with all of these player faces.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #4
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
Thank you, FancySkunk for jumping right on top of this. To all of those who have contributed to this project, you've made OOTP so much better with all of these player faces.
Seconded!
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:14 AM   #5
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Just wanted to put this out there: I'm not tying myself to the update date that qcbandits set in the original thread. The download link in the top post includes everything I had changed/done from the last release over there up until my release here. As such, there isn't going to be a *ton* of differentiation by the 11th.

My plan is to update on May 1st, and the first of each month after that.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:04 AM   #6
Sandklown
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Nothing shows up in 9 zip.
Try Winrar free version
Sandklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #7
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Nothing shows up for me either, unless I am doing something wrong.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:02 PM   #8
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

I'm really not sure why some users are having issues with the Google Drive version of the zip. I'm going to mirror the download on Mediafire (should be up within 10-15 minutes with a link in the first post), and hope that fixes it for you guys.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #9
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

--------------Latest Update Notes--------------
  • Deleted many, if not all, of the facegens that shipped with OOTP 20 that were still in the folder
  • Began work on removing facegens from the old Perfect Team 20 facegen pack
  • In all, even though hundreds of new files were added, the pack is over 1000 files smaller than it was last month.
  • Several hundred players who had incorrect IDs will now have facegens
  • Minor work on the 2021 draft pool
  • Continued work on facegen quality updates

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-21-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #10
AJFO
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How far along with the 2020-21 draft classes are you and how can I help?
AJFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #11
coachweidner
Bat Boy

I could use a little help. I've tried a couple of times to get this facegen mod installed in my game and I'm struggling. Can someone help me out, looks like a great mod to have for the game.
I have the mod downloaded, but I'm not sure where to locate the OOTP install folder. When I extract the folder is that unzipping it? Should it be zipped when it is copied into the OOTP folder? Is there something specific I should rename the existing fg file folder?
Sorry for all the questions, I can usually figure this stuff out.
Thanks for all your help.
coachweidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #12
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachweidner View Post
I could use a little help. I've tried a couple of times to get this facegen mod installed in my game and I'm struggling. Can someone help me out, looks like a great mod to have for the game.
I have the mod downloaded, but I'm not sure where to locate the OOTP install folder. When I extract the folder is that unzipping it? Should it be zipped when it is copied into the OOTP folder? Is there something specific I should rename the existing fg file folder?
Sorry for all the questions, I can usually figure this stuff out.
Thanks for all your help.
You just extract the files and put in the fg_files folder of the game directory. Mine is located here, for example:
C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 21\fg_files
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:27 PM   #13
SixFourThreeSZN
Bat Boy

Thank you for carrying this on!
SixFourThreeSZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #14
CTBrewCrew
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes - thank you !
Old 06-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #15
Qube
Bat Boy

hey fellas,
excellent work out there!
I just loaded the pack for perfect league and everyone was represented beautifully except for my boy Satchel Paige. I was wondering if this may be an oversight on my end, or if he had somehow slipped through the immensity of the project.
Thanks!
Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #16
kgonzalez908
Bat Boy

Just downloaded this mod and really looking forward to using it in-game. However, I am running into an error.

I have downloaded and extracted the zip file into a new fg_files folder in my OOTP install folder. I am in the middle of a QuickStarts season (Baseball Greats that the user "Garlon" shared which includes the greatest players of each franchise) which contains several historical players.

I went to League Settings, clicked the Players & Facegen tab, and clicked on check all picture files of all teams and leagues. However when I did this the player facegen pictures did not change.

I even tried a new quickstart season of "Baseball Greats" after I downloaded the facegen pack provided on this thread, but the new facegens did not appear.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!
kgonzalez908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:25 AM   #17
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Thanks so much for this, I can't wait to try it... I started a historical sim today for the first time in a few years and there's no Willie Mays pic! I couldn't believe it. I'll be glad to see all the young guys too, so many are missing from the default set

Current Project: WBAT/AABBA: Organized Base Ball And the "New Normal" World Baseball Aid Tournament 2023 trophy round underway!
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #18
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

ive downloaded it and have in the the .fg file but it doenst seem to be updating players pitchers. It seems to have the stars but lesser players have fictional pictures still. But I am amble to manually assign a new, correct picture.
For example, 77 Jays Ernie Whitt has fictional picture after updated. I am able to import his proper picture from the file.
Im assuming this has something to do with names.
mrbadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #19
Makonnen
All Star Reserve

This is just an amazing project. It adds so much to the experience of playing the game.

You mention continually improving it--what is the best way to send feedback/ideas on different faces? As an example, a few of the old timers I've run across have a very ghostly skin tone--Art Griggs was one. Would compiling a list and posting in this thread be useful?

Again, thanks for a great project.
Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:08 AM   #20
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

I apologize profusely for being absent on this project. Unfortunately I don't really have much of any work to show for the time I was away. Perhaps monthly updates on this might have been a bit overly ambitious. I don't know exactly how much more work I can get done on this during July, but I'm going to get some work done on this over the month and have an update ready to roll out on August 1st.

In the meantime, let me respond to some of y'all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
hey fellas,
excellent work out there!
I just loaded the pack for perfect league and everyone was represented beautifully except for my boy Satchel Paige. I was wondering if this may be an oversight on my end, or if he had somehow slipped through the immensity of the project.
Thanks!
Satchel definitely has a facegen with his correct historical ID of paige-001ler which, to my knowledge works in the main game. This likely means his ID in the perfect team database is still using the old incorrect paige-001sat. I set up a duplicate file with that name in the newest version, and I've attached that file to this post for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadguy View Post
ive downloaded it and have in the the .fg file but it doenst seem to be updating players pitchers. It seems to have the stars but lesser players have fictional pictures still. But I am amble to manually assign a new, correct picture.
For example, 77 Jays Ernie Whitt has fictional picture after updated. I am able to import his proper picture from the file.
Im assuming this has something to do with names.
Yeah this is an issue with incorrect IDs/file names. It is something I want to get fixed, but it's unfortunately not something that can be done particularly quickly. It's a matter of hunting down problem players (typically guys who went by a nickname), and manually checking and changing things. In the case of Ernie Whitt, the game is looking to automatically load a file named "whitt-001leo" based on his actual birth name, but the file we have was named "whitt-001ern" based on the name he was known by (and also how he was tagged in the database this project initially used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonnen View Post
You mention continually improving it--what is the best way to send feedback/ideas on different faces? As an example, a few of the old timers I've run across have a very ghostly skin tone--Art Griggs was one. Would compiling a list and posting in this thread be useful?
Due to the sheer scope of the project, quality checking every facegen in it winds up being more or less impossible. I do my best to fix up guys that need it, but it usually winds up being that I can only fix guys I wind up encountering. If you spot guys that are particularly rough-looking, by all means let me know and I'll see what I can do. I touched up Art Griggs a bit for the next release, and I've attached that file to this post for you: https://i.imgur.com/RYOGAOW.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgonzalez908 View Post
Just downloaded this mod and really looking forward to using it in-game. However, I am running into an error.

I have downloaded and extracted the zip file into a new fg_files folder in my OOTP install folder. I am in the middle of a QuickStarts season (Baseball Greats that the user "Garlon" shared which includes the greatest players of each franchise) which contains several historical players.

I went to League Settings, clicked the Players & Facegen tab, and clicked on check all picture files of all teams and leagues. However when I did this the player facegen pictures did not change.

I even tried a new quickstart season of "Baseball Greats" after I downloaded the facegen pack provided on this thread, but the new facegens did not appear.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!
Just to be sure on it, you have an "fg_files" folder within the game's data folder, and the facegen files are directly in that folder, rather than in a sub-folder? I'm unfortunately not the best at troubleshooting this sort of stuff, but I'll do my best to help you through the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: fg griggs001art.fg (6.8 KB, 398 views)
File Type: fg paige-001sat.fg (5.5 KB, 317 views)

Last edited by FancySkunk; 07-06-2020 at 03:09 AM.