Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-04-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Player Game Logs Disappearing

The individual game logs that show in each player's stats are disappearing on a specific date in the middle of a season. Every player in the league shows "no games so far this year" when the calendar reaches April 30th, 2026. I tried restoring from a backup, but the same thing happens again when that specific date is reached. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I've uploaded my league files. File name is Orioles2017
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

In addition, I just advanced to the next month and the player of the month stories are all out whack. They only show one day's worth of stats.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
Red08
Minors (Single A)

I'm in 2022 and experiencing something similar
Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:18 PM   #4
bearcatbbal22
Minors (Double A)

I'm having this problem too, the game logs aren't showing even though the option is checked. Thanks
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by bearcatbbal22; 04-04-2020 at 05:19 PM.
bearcatbbal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:43 PM   #5
slugga27
All Star Starter

Same here. I just ran through Spring Training of 2021. Got to Opening Day and had to literally guess at my spring training cuts because the game logs for Spring Training were gone.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #6
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Just had this happen as well. The weird thing here was my batters spring training stats were seemingly all there. But most of the game logs for my pitchers were missing.

And then when I went to the pitching stats screen, it showed the pitcher with the most IP in spring training was one guy had 4 IP. Really strange. There was only about 6-7 SPs with any stats at all, and they were very limited.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #7
GalacticCowse
Bat Boy

I am seeing the same issue in a fictional save. About weekly during spring training player game logs were completely wiped as well as all pitching stats in the pitching staff screen.
In the regular season, the same thing happened on the 5th of each month except all cumulative stats were still available. Stats are showing up in the lineup, pitching staff, and player stat screens but all of the game logs have disappeared and the game log screen says "No games so far this year."
I FTP'd my league file, it is named CHPLeague2
GalacticCowse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:46 AM   #8
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

I think I know what's happening...

This is also an issue here. Glad I'm not the only one. I'll post a league file if it's necessary, though it's probably just as important to mention what I'm finding based on some very late night simming.

Basically, on the day that the draft pool is released and the day All-Star voting starts, all the prior games are being deleted.

Hopefully, this will help isolate the issue, so that this can get fixed.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #9
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Same problem here. I would consider this one a serious bug and I stopped playing until this is fixed.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Same problem here. I would consider this one a serious bug and I stopped playing until this is fixed.

Same. I was heading into this morning with confidence that a Hotfix would be out today, but a little nervous that I haven’t seen Markus or Matt around yet. Might be a cheap flight to Germany to make sure everyone is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #11
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Well, I've certainly learned my lesson. Never update your game on a Friday!

The game is unplayable in this state. I'm not sure why it's not getting more attention from other users. I guess some people just aren't affected? Not a lot of people installed the patch?
Old 04-06-2020, 02:52 PM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We would need league files to reproduce please.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Nevermind, found the issue. Hotfix coming tomorrow!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #14
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thank you! I had been dealing with this all weekend, and just thought to come check... and you already have it addressed. Great work.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:57 PM   #15
Mills
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hi Markus. The game log issue is not fixed after the Hotfix. In the 2021 game log section I can see my players last 10 games or so which seems to be building as I play more games, but I am 60+ games into my season and it should show all games from the season. Likewise on the player profile screen under the game log section it now shows the players last five games but the AVG, OBP and OPS stats etc don't match their full season stats.

Thanks
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #16
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
Hi Markus. The game log issue is not fixed after the Hotfix. In the 2021 game log section I can see my players last 10 games or so which seems to be building as I play more games, but I am 60+ games into my season and it should show all games from the season. Likewise on the player profile screen under the game log section it now shows the players last five games but the AVG, OBP and OPS stats etc don't match their full season stats.

Thanks
I am going to venture a guess that the hotfix only addresses your save as it moves forward, but it doesn't go back and fix what had previously been lost.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:07 PM   #17
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Unfortunately, the patch cannot restore stuff in the past, it cannot restore those missing game logs. But it should not delete the wrong ones going forward.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #18
Mills
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Unfortunately, the patch cannot restore stuff in the past, it cannot restore those missing game logs. But it should not delete the wrong ones going forward.
Thanks Matt, that is fine. I appreciate your quick and honest responses.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #19
yankeefan1024
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thanks for the response here. Luckily, I only lost Spring Training Stats, however, my question is this.

Are the performances of players during spring training (despite the loss of game logs / stats) still impacted into their development (question mainly for the young guys on my roster, guys trying to make 26 man, guys trying to gain positional flexibility, etc.)

thanks!
yankeefan1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #20
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The loss of the game logs doesn't impact anything in terms of player development. It's essentially only about stats and record-keeping.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote