Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Can't load season file without opening PT first

Mac version - direct download.
2019 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4.
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Playing the 2020 season and after a couple of random crashes, I can no longer open the game and go directly to my season. It fails trying both "Continue" and "Load Game". The home screen for the season will come up for maybe one second, then immediately fade back into the OOTP start screen.

If I go into Perfect Team first, then go to the OOTP Start Screen and hit "Continue" the season loads.

However, when the season first loads, I get this weird mix on screen of my season and my Perfect Team info. What displays is all dependent on what the last screen I look at in PT is. I'll typically get the header from my season and some mix of season and PT below it.

Once I hit "Home" in the season, everything goes on normally.

Possibly related... The crashes I've had in the season came when a player was injured in a game, but not every injury has caused a crash. The season loaded correctly until an injury locked it up and made me force quit, then this stuff started afterwards.
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Sometimes it can happen that the "Default start page" gets something that we can't resolve. You can change it if you open the settings from the entry screen, it's a dropdown at the bottom of the list. If you set that back to your manager home page, you should be able to start games normally.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Thanks Matt, but more weirdness...

With the game loaded, I went to the start screen and under Settings:Interface I have a "Starting page after loading a game" pop-up menu, but the only option available is "Perfect Team".

So I exited and restarted the game. Went straight to the same place and that pop-up menu is blank. I can't select anything.

Am I in the wrong place or is something else going on?
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hmm, yeah, that list get populated somewhat oddly. You might need to use the trick to log into your game, navigate around a few pages and maybe bookmark your manager home page, and then you should be able to set it to load later.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote