Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
pfholden
Minors (Double A)

Issue with retaining salary

I figure I can't be the first to notice this issue, but I didn't see a thread anywhere else. The salary retention in 21 isn't working right for me. If I trade player X in year 2 of a 4 year deal, and retain 20% of his salary, the 20% is only applied to the current season. In years 3 and 4, my available money increases by 100% of the player's salary, instead of what should be 80%.

This has happened with multiple trades. In my O's sim, I dealt Davis and Cobb, retaining 85%. My available money in the current season increased as it should. My available money in the next season increased by the total amount of their salaries, not just the amount the other team took on.
pfholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
slugga27
All Star Starter

Can you post screenshots? I’m having trouble picturing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #3
pfholden
Minors (Double A)

Here's the best I can do with screenshots, since the Cobb retention got even more screwed up when he was released by the team I traded him to. His $ is now totally off my books.

($ amounts in millions)

Here you can see in screen shot 1 my total salary for the next two seasons, $31.4 and $33.3

In my accounting page, my total player salary for the next two seasons show up as $33.4 (off by $2m from the $31.4 above because of pending offers) and $17.24.

So, next year player salaries show as $33.3 on my salaries page but on my accounting page are only accounted for $17.24, which is almost exactly the $16.1 I retained on Davis. My available money is based off the $17.24m in salaries. So, Davis' salary isn't counting against my available money to spend on player salaries for next season.

And then Cobb is off the books entirely, which is a different error.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-06-2020, 10:47 PM   #4
slugga27
All Star Starter

I think I understand. If you look at the salary page, everything seems right. However, the balance sheet is off. You may need to sim to the next year to see if it corrects itself, which it might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
pfholden
Minors (Double A)

Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get to next season. But, even if it does correct itself, it still frees up money that I don't currently have to offer contract extensions.

Thanks for answering