Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
SandmanRivera
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thumbs down No "DoOver"/"Save As" Function

No "DoOver"/"Save As" Function
As this Bug Forum shows there are many bugs in OOTP. There are also flaws, such as when the AI produces an unrealistic SIX CG SHO's on one day...in 2020!!! And then there's human error, such as when I hit the "At Bat" button with Adam Ottavino up in a situation where EVERY manager on the planet would put in a PH. With a "Do Over/Save As" button, I could get around these bugs/flaws/mistakes by reverting to a previously Save version of the Game. Like I do in EVERY other PC game I have played in the last 30 years. Without a Do Over/Save As function, I cannot Load a previously Save game, one from BEFORE the error/bug/flaw/mistake. I am FORCED to live with that problem being a part of the permanent record for the rest of the season.

A Do Over/Save As Function would go a long way to overcoming the shortcomings of the Game (and the User). Having a Do Over/Save As function I could Save the game as Game 1.1, then start to play Game 2.2, encounter a problem, then Load Game 1.1 and work around the problem.
Please fix this. This 150 out of 100 problem. Every game has this feature. OOTP should too.
SandmanRivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Good points. I would like to know how accurate OOTP21 is compared to other games out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanRivera View Post
No "DoOver"/"Save As" Function
As this Bug Forum shows there are many bugs in OOTP. There are also flaws, such as when the AI produces an unrealistic SIX CG SHO's on one day...in 2020!!! And then there's human error, such as when I hit the "At Bat" button with Adam Ottavino up in a situation where EVERY manager on the planet would put in a PH. With a "Do Over/Save As" button, I could get around these bugs/flaws/mistakes by reverting to a previously Save version of the Game. Like I do in EVERY other PC game I have played in the last 30 years. Without a Do Over/Save As function, I cannot Load a previously Save game, one from BEFORE the error/bug/flaw/mistake. I am FORCED to live with that problem being a part of the permanent record for the rest of the season.

A Do Over/Save As Function would go a long way to overcoming the shortcomings of the Game (and the User). Having a Do Over/Save As function I could Save the game as Game 1.1, then start to play Game 2.2, encounter a problem, then Load Game 1.1 and work around the problem.
Please fix this. This 150 out of 100 problem. Every game has this feature. OOTP should too.
There is a do over button. Its called CTL-ALT-DEL.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
dbl4868
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
There is a do over button. Its called CTL-ALT-DEL.

But that is a do over for the entire game, not just one play in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbl4868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #5
slugga27
All Star Starter

This is baseball, not golf. There are no mulligans.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
ALB123
All Star Reserve

I don't know why this guy keeps posting general questions in the Bug Report Forum.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #7
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Ahh yes, the Undo button request.....been a couple years since someone brought it up.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=285365

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=252369
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote