Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:40 PM   #1
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Inside The Park Homerun

In my current season, Dee Gordon hit an inside the park homerun during one of the games. Such an exciting moment, I had to share with everyone.

What are some of your memorable rare occurrences from your experience? I just started playing the game and I am stunned at how good it is.
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Many years ago, I was forced to use rookie Don Sutton to start Game 7 for me...he tossed a no hitter. Don't think I'll ever top that.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
swoboda
All Star Starter

Roberto Clemente had a 45 game hitting streak , the continuing drama was great.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Last season I had a rookie pitcher pitch back to back No Hitters in his first 2 starts.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
DaBears
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Many years ago, I was forced to use rookie Don Sutton to start Game 7 for me...he tossed a no hitter. Don't think I'll ever top that.
No, you will definitely top that. Ever.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #6
thklein
Major Leagues

I've been playing for years, so I've got a lot of memorable moments. I recently had a back up first baseman who was the last player that I put on my playoff roster hit a walk-off grand slam in a pivotal playoff game. It was the only at bat he got in the postseason. I went on the win the world series. Probably wouldn't have made it without that hit.
thklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I just had a "bases-loaded inside-the-park home run" in my dynasty league playoffs.
It was in the League Finals, but it didn't decide the series.. that would have been very, very special had that happened... a bases-loaded inside-the-park homer in the bottom of the ninth to win the World Series would have really been something.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-19-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #8
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

My greatest single moment was a NO hitter in game one of world series had perfect game going with 2 outs in 9th then bozo pitcher gives up a walk on 4 pitches then next batter hits deep center field fly ball out to warning track and was caught saving a 1-0 victory game. Would have had a heart attack had that gone out and tossing laptop out the window.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:07 PM   #9
Bobfather
All Star Starter

No Hitter and Cycle in the same game.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:53 PM   #10
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Nolan Ryan gave up a run in a no hitter. Don't recall there being any errors. A couple walks and a WP and a SF I think.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #11
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Nolan Ryan gave up a run in a no hitter. Don't recall there being any errors. A couple walks and a WP and a SF I think.
Sounds suitably Nolan Ryan-esque.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #12
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Gordon just had his second inside the park HR of the season. 62 games in and he has 2 of them so far.

The other stories in this thread are awesome, keep them rolling in.....
Old 01-29-2020, 02:05 PM   #13
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Gordon just had his second inside the park HR of the season. 62 games in and he has 2 of them so far.

The other stories in this thread are awesome, keep them rolling in.....
Apparently over the past 50 years there has been an inside the park home run about once in every 158 home runs.

Last edited by Dyzalot; 01-29-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #14
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Apparently over the past 50 years there has been an inside the park home run about once in every 158 home runs.

I read that as well. So, not as infrequent as I thought.

Currently trying to find out the last time a player had 2 ITP HR's in the same season. That seems pretty unique for modern era.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #15
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Greg Gagne had two in a single game back in 1986 and I don't remember him being a speedster. Most recent guy to have two in a season that I could find was Brandon Barnes in 2014 and it references in that article that he was the first guy with two in a season since 2010 when Tony Gwynn Jr. had two.

Dick Allen had two in a game back in 1972 as well and I sure don't remember any stories about his blazing speed.

As for the modern game, it appears that Willie Wilson is the leader with twelve of them over his career. That makes sense since he was one of the fastest guys in the league at that time.

Last edited by Dyzalot; 01-29-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #16
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Greg Gagne had two in a single game back in 1986 and I don't remember him being a speedster. Most recent guy to have two in a season that I could find was Brandon Barnes in 2014 and it references in that article that he was the first guy with two in a season since 2010 when Tony Gwynn Jr. had two.

Dick Allen had two in a game back in 1972 as well and I sure don't remember any stories about his blazing speed.

As for the modern game, it appears that Willie Wilson is the leader with twelve of them over his career. That makes sense since he was one of the fastest guys in the league at that time.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #17
KBLover
All Star Reserve

In my last season, my team had a 19-0 starter (with a 1.39 ERA) and a 21-0 long reliever.

I have no idea how a reliever won 21 games in the first place and then never take a loss?

I know pitcher wins mean...pretty much nothing...but still...40-0 from two pitchers, one of them the long reliever?

I've never seen that before!
KBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #18
hfield007
All Star Starter

In my fictional long term I play 112 game seasons. It's 2 leagues with 8 teams, you play everyone in your league 4 series (2h,2a) of 4 games each a year. I remember the Red Sox beat me like 12 out of 16 games that season and finished first, 18 games ahead of me the second place team. They were an absolute juggernaut and my league championship series are best of 5 series all at the league winner's home.

Went into game 1 and destroyed them 20-2, every at bat i was ready to jump out of my seat with excitement as we lit up the pitcher of the year. We then went on to blow 3 straight leads by relief pitchers and lost the series 3-1. It was an amazing moment followed by a terrible series of moments lol. I love this game.

More great than rare I guess. But their pitcher was an absolute beast and beating the best player in the game 20-2 isn't common I guess.

Last edited by hfield007; 02-01-2020 at 12:30 PM.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
In my fictional long term I play 112 game seasons. It's 2 leagues with 8 teams, you play everyone in your league 4 series (2h,2a) of 4 games each a year. I remember the Red Sox beat me like 12 out of 16 games that season and finished first, 18 games ahead of me the second place team. They were an absolute juggernaut and my league championship series are best of 5 series all at the league winner's home.

Went into game 1 and destroyed them 20-2, every at bat i was ready to jump out of my seat with excitement as we lit up the pitcher of the year. We then went on to blow 3 straight leads by relief pitchers and lost the series 3-1. It was an amazing moment followed by a terrible series of moments lol. I love this game.

More great than rare I guess. But their pitcher was an absolute beast and beating the best player in the game 20-2 isn't common I guess.
A few years ago at the new Yankee Stadium, I think, could have been the old one, my wife and I saw the Cleveland Indians totally destroy the Yankees 22-0... I think that this was the the worst loss the Yankees have ever had.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote