Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #201
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Campbell Bombards Port Ruppert to Take First

The Gunners had more than enough ammunition to blast the moribund Mundys and take over the Our League Silver lead, with the today's action completed. See the previous pots for my mea culpa for dearth of coverage.

The standings:
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:42 PM   #202
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I'm going to bow out after this week, I basically put my team at a disadvantage in my league for no real payoff.....there was no our league for me this week.

That said, no hard feelings and will be watching you guys to see how your league progresses.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:05 PM   #203
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Gunners had more than enough ammunition to blast the moribund Mundys and take over the Our League Silver lead, with the today's action completed. See the previous pots for my mea culpa for dearth of coverage.

The standings:
Stanley

check out your email. I sent you some stuff on S263
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:03 AM   #204
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

This Just In: Our League Bronze Report

Many thanks to omgpuppies for sending me the information for Our League teams in B250. The Shasta Black Bears hold the lead with a limited schedule thus far, but also have the heaviest slate going forward. It's definitely still a wide open race;

Remaining games:

Shasta - 5 home, 2 away
Aina Haina - 2 home, 2 away
Palolo - 3 away
Cooper has completed their Our League schedule

The standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-05-2019, 05:10 AM   #205
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League I 188 Update

The Mudville Muffins slipped a bit in the latest Our League sims, and the Asheboro Road Dogs were the beneficiaries, moving into the top spot while idle on the schedule. Also, my apologies to salem_witches for dropping the "s" from the Horrors name. I'll fix it going forward.

The standings:
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-05-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:37 AM   #206
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I'm going to bow out after this week, I basically put my team at a disadvantage in my league for no real payoff.....there was no our league for me this week.

That said, no hard feelings and will be watching you guys to see how your league progresses.

Sorry to hear that. I would encourage you to hang around a bit longer because, from how things went in PT 19, teams in Our League tend to gravitate toward each other, since we are playing on a level field. With only a few names on the friends list, we managed to have 3-of-7 teams play in all 7 seasons so far, 4 in 6 seasons, and another in 4 seasons, albeit at the Silver level. The Gas House Gorillas team, which dipped to Bronze twice, returned both times as the Bronze champion, which, although a limited sample, demonstrates that the Our League outline yields a team that can compete, with rosters of diverse players, rather than the cookie cutter line-ups you'll increasingly start to see with the teams that employ Live and Future players.

I admit, you'll probably never be able to swim with the whales, but as our friends list begins to grow, and the teams find their level, we should be able to provide an increasingly large safe harbor of like-minded teams as the whales roil the water passing through.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #207
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I’ll think about it. This is a free to play team so they were never intended to swim with the whales but unless we get more teams in the same league there is not much to the league. I may give it another week to see how it goes.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:15 AM   #208
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I am pleased to announce that I will be joining you fine folks next year with the Annandale Atom Smashers (currently in I188). I've never bought PP with this team so it seems to me they qualify for the league.

My roster is not yet in compliance but I will be using the remainder of the season and this off-season to whip them into shape. I have no doubt that by next Monday we'll be good to go.

My user name for this team is Charlatan2. I will friend all of you on that team ASAP.

FYI someone may have posted this upstream but it's good so I'll repost. Below is the search string I use on the AH to identify players:

wond|rookie|all-|breaker|hero

the vertical bar is an "or" so I believe that search hits all of the categories that the league allows.

Edit to add:

I added everyone as a friend using this post as the list: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...&postcount=125

One error I found. The person listed as "Kid_Beckett" should be "Kid_Heckett"

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-05-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #209
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Welcome, some of us chat on Discord (mostly about how bad my team is) - feel free to join us:

https://discord.gg/XRM7YRc

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #210
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

At the end of this season, I will be liquidating all live players from my other FTP team and converting it over to a compliant team. So, that will add another team to Our League.

I just with OOTP would let us set up an invite-only Perfect Team league so we didn't have to jump through so many hoops to track our standings.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #211
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
At the end of this season, I will be liquidating all live players from my other FTP team and converting it over to a compliant team. So, that will add another team to Our League.

I just with OOTP would let us set up an invite-only Perfect Team league so we didn't have to jump through so many hoops to track our standings.

i guess to have a truly close-loop group, you'd need 180 teams (30 at every level) so you'd cover all the promotion/relegation positions.... course, it's also fun to have your restricted theme team actually compete well against everyone else...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #212
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I’ll think about it. This is a free to play team so they were never intended to swim with the whales but unless we get more teams in the same league there is not much to the league. I may give it another week to see how it goes.
We will keep picking up new teams as the year progresses. I enjoy constructing teams without the Live players because I already have fantasy baseball for those guys. The only place where I am at a little disadvantage is at reliever, but that can be easily got around. I am learning about players I had never heard of all the time now. And, I get to compete against people I know rather than strangers. Being together lowers the chance of playing against whales. I intend to hop on the discord this weekend.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #213
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah, give it time. My Bears are struggling in Our League, while doing really well in I188. Funny how it works out.
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #214
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Good luck to everyone in Our League I188. I’m without a PC until Tuesday, so I’ll miss the end of this season and beginning of next one. Hope to be able to check the forum at some point to see the updates (and thanks to those who are providing those)
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #215
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Good luck to everyone in Our League I188. I’m without a PC until Tuesday, so I’ll miss the end of this season and beginning of next one. Hope to be able to check the forum at some point to see the updates (and thanks to those who are providing those)
Dude that is going to be so hard! I don't know how I would survive.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #216
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Hi, Charlaton, it will be good to have you.... You are my nemesis this season as we compete for to win the division (I am Battery Point Knuckleheads). Good luck to you!
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #217
KWhit
Major Leagues

This league looks interesting. What level are you guys going to be playing in next season? And how many teams do you have competing? I may be interested in joining.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #218
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This league looks interesting. What level are you guys going to be playing in next season? And how many teams do you have competing? I may be interested in joining.

The number of us competing keeps growing. Right now I believe we are in three leagues, one an iron, one a bronze, and one a silver.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #219
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Standings Snafu, My Apologies

I think I have Asylum Keepers on the brain. I spent most of last evening getting the roster in order for next week, and my head was filled with the anticipation of their venture into Our League. I did a quick update of the standings and, in haste, included a few of their games into the mix. The previous posting in incorrect. Below are the triple-checked standings with nine games left in today's sims. Mudville and Stephensville have home and home 3-game sets upcoming, and Arkham visits Waffletown for three.

Sorry for the mistake.

Best of Today's Sims (BOTS)

I know this is a bit premature, but the Arkham Horrors put on a monstrous display for the hometown fans, pounding out 15 hits in a 12-0 pasting of the Daytona Beach Pickleballers. Tommie Bridges went the distance, allowing just three hits, fanning 13, without issuing a walk.

The (correct) standings:
Attached Images
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #220
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

If your team fits the Our League mold, that is, FTP with no Live or Futures, sign up. We post the standings of any PT league with at least four of the members, and I am going to keep track of the lifetime wins and losses in Our League play and post them every couple of weeks. Those will be combined across all levels, which seems credible to me since we all play by the same rules. That means, even if you find yourself in a PT league with just one other Our League team, those games between you can be reported to be included in your lifetime record.

I will have three teams playing by next week, but will need others to report games from league which I am not in, as omgpuppies has graciously done for Bronze this week.