Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #141
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I'd sell that card, there are viable alternatives to that card in the OF.

You have 7 relievers already, and your starting pitching has been so great so far, there's not a great need for an 8th arm in the bullpen.
says my division rival!

(just kidding...I'm thinking along the same lines)
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #142
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
says my division rival!

(just kidding...I'm thinking along the same lines)
Ha, that's right get rid of that guy pronto! He sucks!
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #143
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Guys it finally happened - I pulled a valuable card from a pack this morning!! Very exciting...the first historical diamond I have ever pulled. Now the question is...what to do with 95 Pujols?? I didn't have time to make a decision before leaving for work.

Options:
1) sell him and improve my team as best possible (he is worth 90k!)
2) put him at 1B instead of Carew (trade some AVG for POW & EYE)
3) consolidate my DH platoon from JD/Waner to just Pujols and free up a roster spot for an extra pitcher

Leaning towards #1 so far...
nice pull.... if you go the sell route, be sure to check the AH first and see if there are any others of the same card out there diluting the market.... if so, maybe hang on to him / get him in the lineup and see what he can do; and wait for the market to clear of the others....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:40 PM   #144
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
Got my 6 out of the way vs GIMEH (0-6 woot).

Have to remember that when I see I am 12-20. Just gonna let it ride like Orcin did yesterday and see how we do.
I just got 9 baserunners off his perfect Pedro, do I win anything??? Not the game, obviously...

Can't complain too much, as I took the series opener and hold a very precarious division lead.

That's with my main team (VB Freaks)... my F2P team (VA Freeloaders) is at least on the right side of the relegation line for now.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #145
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Snow day closure here for me... psyched to go home and check the standings
max venerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #146
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
One thing that I don't understand about PT is the streaky nature of the results compared to regular OOTPB. Win 5, lose 5, win 5, lose 5... I don't see that often in regular OOTPB or in real baseball for that matter. It is rather annoying. I prefer consistency and erratic behavior upsets me.
These are the things that make way less sense to me. There was not a position player pitching in the 14th. I got two silver achievements in this game. One for scoring 15 runs and another for JD Martinez hitting for the cycle getting a single and a triple in extra innings.
Attached Images

Last edited by zrog2000; 02-12-2019 at 04:34 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #147
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
These are the things that make way less sense to me. There was not a position player pitching in the 14th. I got two silver achievements in this game. One for scoring 15 runs and another for JD Martinez hitting for the cycle getting a single and a triple in extra innings.
I guess Sad Sam really works this game. Hard to imagine in a tie game after a reliever pitches two innings that they are kind of hung out to dry, and not taken out sooner with another reliever available.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #148
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have been trying to watch my games, but frankly I am learning nothing about my team except that they stink. Why tinker when it involves replacing one miserable player with another miserable player? The game is so unpredictable that I can't tell you when miserable player #1 will be hot and miserable player #2 will be cold... so why even try? It's a little early to start drinking so maybe I will just post the standings.

Name:  standings.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  262.5 KB
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #149
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have been trying to watch my games, but frankly I am learning nothing about my team except that they stink. Why tinker when it involves replacing one miserable player with another miserable player? The game is so unpredictable that I can't tell you when miserable player #1 will be hot and miserable player #2 will be cold... so why even try? It's a little early to start drinking so maybe I will just post the standings.
I have 3 guys on the Seals with BABIPs of under .200. Santiago .186, Frank Thomas .182, Vern Stephens .179.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #150
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you sure it's a little too early to start drinking because I'd almost feel better if I could point to my team being drunk for their poor performance.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #151
joehart
All Star Starter

Thank you for posting the standings. We lost power this morning
and I have not been able to see or look at anything .

Looks like the Pirates are climbing while Base Stealers are
maintaining.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #152
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

What's the secret to having a logo display properly everywhere? I added a new primary/secondary logo at the start of the season, and I see it when playing the game on my pc and laptop. But these screenshots posted here so far this week by you good people don't show the new logo, it still displays a bearhead logo.

Any ideas where I can look to make a new logo display everywhere in the OOTP universe?
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #153
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Oh what a heartbreak, We led perfect Pedro 3-2 in the ninth inning with 2 outs. Then I watched my closer give up back to back Homers to Bonds and Ruth and we walk off losing 4-3. We split a 4 game series with Gimae King but we could have won 3 out of the 4 if my closer got 1 more out. I could not sleep last night after watching that game. I kept seeing Bonds and Ruth. Ohhhhh that’s Baseball.☹️
That's nothing. In Greinke's debut for Collingwood, they spotted him a 6-0 lead against Perfect Pedro, and Greinke never got to the 5th inning giving it all back +1. Ended up losing 10-8.

Anybody in this league interested in Civ6 multiplayer? I've never played Civ6 multiplayer, but would like to try it. The new expansion is out Thursday, so I'll probably be AWOL for awhile.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:34 PM   #154
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I'm a huge civ nerd but just play SP. Also planning to go AWOL for a while
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #155
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The purge has begun. I am sick of looking at this team. They make me puke.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #156
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Today, I tried something new. When my team started 0-4 and then 2-9, I resisted the urge to change anything. Instead, I walked away from the game and did other things because I had played some tough teams to start the season and a little easier stretch was coming up. Now, I have returned and my team is 10-10 so my patience was rewarded.

I am learning that you need a large amount of data with which to draw conclusions in a league as competitive as this one. Patience didn't keep me from seething about my team's performance but it did stop me from making changes that might have prevented my rebound. My guys were due and they needed to be there to collect. I am determined to leave them out there for another day and see where this takes me.
Quote:
The purge has begun. I am sick of looking at this team. They make me puke.
I both want to give you a hard time that these were posted less than 24 hours apart, and also say I'm so close to that same point.

I mean, it shouldn't be hard to replace a pitcher with a 7.14 ERA right?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #157
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post

Anybody in this league interested in Civ6 multiplayer? I've never played Civ6 multiplayer, but would like to try it. The new expansion is out Thursday, so I'll probably be AWOL for awhile.

Top Bad. I went all in on Europa Universalis a while back and have not looked back. I have Civ6 on my „get next“ list but EU4 always surprises me with the little things I missed despite having played lots of great missions.
Maybe once I am on the road again more often and need a good game for
boring hotel evenings.
Have fun with the new addition.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #158
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Top Bad. I went all in on Europa Universalis a while back and have not looked back. I have Civ6 on my „get next“ list but EU4 always surprises me with the little things I missed despite having played lots of great missions.
Maybe once I am on the road again more often and need a good game for
boring hotel evenings.
Have fun with the new addition.
eu4 > civ 6 by a lot
Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #159
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I both want to give you a hard time that these were posted less than 24 hours apart, and also say I'm so close to that same point.
I deserve it. It was stupid of me to pretend that patience works in this stupid game. The only thing that works is a flamethrower up their bleep.

New policy: lose a game... someone gets demoted. Lose three in a row... someone gets sold. I should down to the minimum roster by tomorrow afternoon, then I will have to start buying silvers to replace the guys I sell next.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #160
joehart
All Star Starter

Personally, I find finding a reliable bullpen to be extremely difficult.
It almost feels like the real world. Differences from year to year are huge
and even the top guys are often unreliable (Diaz lost me too many important games for me to trust him).
If you have 10K to spare, try Mordecai Brown. He has been the most reliable middle reliever option in 3 years for my Coyotes team (pitching ~80 innings) and producing 2.xx ERA in 3 consecutive years with good performances in important games.