Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
FaLKoNs2k4
Bat Boy

World Baseball Sim League

Hello.
I am Cameron Satterwhite, the commissioner of the online sim league, WBSL. The WBSL is a CAP (Create-A-Player) Sim League. It is run on OOTP5. Basically, you create a player, are either drafted or signed by a team, get points by doing updates, then add the points you earn to your player to improve him. All of this is detailed below.

How do you create a player? You just go to the forum, register, then go to th "Create-A-Player" part of the forum, and fill out the join form. http://z7.invisionfree.com/wbsl_07/i...hp?showforum=5

How do I get on a team? If you join now, you'd be eligible for the first ever rookie draft! If you decide to join at a later date, you may be signed as a free agent.

What is an update? An update is a task you do to earn points to add to your player. You can earn 20 points through updates in one week. You can't do duplicate point tasks, meaning you can't do 2 graphics, 2 articles, ect. You may only earn 20 points a week, any point you go over is irrelevant. Writing updates include: Articles, Interviews, Biographies, Biography Updates. Nonwriting updates include: Graphics, Around the Horn, Websites.

The first season, we had 4 teams and a season that lasted 82 games. The Brooklyn Jackals were crowned the first WBSL Champions when the defeated China in a thrilling 7-game series. We are currently in the off-season and are heading into Season 2, where we will be expanding two teams. There will be 2 three-team divisions, and we will be playing a 120 game schedule. (Eastern Hemisphere: China Cougars, New Zealand Highlanders, Scotland Lake Monsters. Western Hemisphere:Brooklyn Jackals, Tampa Bay Fear, Thunder Bay Lightning)

We will also be implementing Designated Hitters in Season 2!

If you have anymore questions, you can IM me at Killa Cam HR. Check us out. This league will be successful, as I will not let it fail, and I've been in many leagues like this and they are the most interesting and entertaining leagues out there. You control how successful your player is, and you control your player's destiny. Will you be an MVP? A WBSL Hall of Famer? Or will you be a scrub? It's up to you.

Forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/wbsl_07/index.php?

Last edited by FaLKoNs2k4; 06-09-2007 at 10:17 PM.
FaLKoNs2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
dragonite236
Bat Boy

JOIN OR I EAT YOU AND DIGEST YOU WHOLE!

BWAHAHAHAAH

Okay seriously... Join! This league is AWESOME!
dragonite236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
ez_block_kibbie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

now that we have it in the right place, this is a serious baseball Create a Player league. I can guarantee you fellas will find this the best CAP baseball sim since the original WBL and IBA. Have at it boys.

The City
James Guthrie
ez_block_kibbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
soadjaeger
Bat Boy

wow this league sounds amazing i am going to join now

seriously though this league kicks ass

Last edited by soadjaeger; 05-01-2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason: i an fat
soadjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
FaLKoNs2k4
Bat Boy

Bump. I edited and updated the first post. This league is now heading into season 2. Rookie draft is coming up! Join while you can!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
FaLKoNs2k4
Bat Boy

Updated again. We just got our own domain and server for the league so I updated with appropriate links.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
FaLKoNs2k4
Bat Boy

Just a little update. We are currently underway in season 2. Teams are still looking for players to get them over the hump! That player could be you!
Old 10-02-2021, 03:01 PM   #8
Monarch3
Minors (Single A)

None of the links work.
Monarch3 is offline   Reply With Quote