Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 05-29-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Traveling the World: The Frank Lombardi Story

Being the only kid of your ethnicity in your town is weird, even if you are white. I was the only Italian in the suburban Midwest town that I lived in. The only Italians that the people around were exposed to were the Sopranos, the Corleones, and Henry Hill (some people missed out on the fact that he wasn't Italian). Nobody ever had a problem, but it was funny. My parents owned the local deli and spoke Italian at home, so I'd speak one language at home and another at school. But despite that, I really enjoyed where I grew up, and the state school that I went to.

Baseball is what I know best, and I devoted myself to being a better talent elevator all throughout high school and college. I got an internship with an organization my sophomore year in college, and while it was somewhat helpful, being around 10 other interns, all knowing they would do whatever they could to take a job away from you and get paid peanuts, and that there was 29 other organizations like this, I knew it would be a futile task to break into baseball this way. I just did not know how.

During my senior year, while scouting one of my college's games and having no career path yet, an older Italian man sat next to me and asked what I was doing. I replied that I was scouting, and he was very interested. We talked about what I did in college, what I studied, and what my philosophy was towards scouting and baseball. The game ended, and he gave me a card, telling me to call him later.

I gave him a call that night, and he revealed that he was Mauro Fiorini, the owner of T&A San Marino in the Italian Baseball League. San Marino is a small island country surrounded by Italy. The team had won a few championships, but not since 2013, and he was frustrated. He fired his general manager, and was looking for a new one. Nobody had interested him so far, and seeing that I was Italian, he thought I was the man for the job.

Now I had a team to run, skipping the internships and junk, and this is going to be my journey to be the best general manager that ever lived.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymetsfan5 View Post
Being the only kid of your ethnicity in your town is weird, even if you are white. I was the only Italian in the suburban Midwest town that I lived in. The only Italians that the people around were exposed to were the Sopranos, the Corleones, and Henry Hill (some people missed out on the fact that he wasn't Italian). Nobody ever had a problem, but it was funny. My parents owned the local deli and spoke Italian at home, so I'd speak one language at home and another at school. But despite that, I really enjoyed where I grew up, and the state school that I went to.

Baseball is what I know best, and I devoted myself to being a better talent elevator all throughout high school and college. I got an internship with an organization my sophomore year in college, and while it was somewhat helpful, being around 10 other interns, all knowing they would do whatever they could to take a job away from you and get paid peanuts, and that there was 29 other organizations like this, I knew it would be a futile task to break into baseball this way. I just did not know how.

During my senior year, while scouting one of my college's games and having no career path yet, an older Italian man sat next to me and asked what I was doing. I replied that I was scouting, and he was very interested. We talked about what I did in college, what I studied, and what my philosophy was towards scouting and baseball. The game ended, and he gave me a card, telling me to call him later.

I gave him a call that night, and he revealed that he was Mauro Fiorini, the owner of T&A San Marino in the Italian Baseball League. San Marino is a small island country surrounded by Italy. The team had won a few championships, but not since 2013, and he was frustrated. He fired his general manager, and was looking for a new one. Nobody had interested him so far, and seeing that I was Italian, he thought I was the man for the job.

Now I had a team to run, skipping the internships and junk, and this is going to be my journey to be the best general manager that ever lived.
A very enticing start... you are a very good writer.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:44 AM   #3
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Getting right into it, I signed 4 Italians, and an Dominican. An important rule of the league is that the active roster can only have 6 foreign born players, the rest have to be Italians. It is kind of an annoying rule, but it makes it more interesting.

My current active roster had 11 foreign players on it, which means I needed to grab some Italians quick, and also look through my reserve roster to get my roster in check. The Italians I got are not great, but a few high potential relievers and a center fielder.

Claudio Scotti-RP 34/75 NEU 7/6/6 POT Stuff/Mvmt/Con, 7 Potential Changeup
--liked the change, not sure if he is a reserve or active guy, depends on foreign
Ludovico Coveri-RP 30/76 NEU 6/5/4, FB/SL/CH all are pot 6's.
--should be on reserve roster all year
Federico Giordani-CF 20/65 6 POT Contact, 6 Range
--should be the start CF, which says a lot about our OF
Nicolo Clemente-RP 39/77 NEU 6/5/6
-- nothing stands out, but everything is nearly maxed and should be a solid reliever.

Juan Habisail Diaz-1B
--Diaz will be our starting first baseman, has 6 power, 6 contact, 6 avoid tools w/ a 6 range. Our current 1b is a good defender but with a 4 power, so that's not going to cut it. He also is a good pitcher, who was not listed as a RP, so I scooped him up and made him a 2b. Nothing is really impressive about his pitching, but he throws 92-94 and is a groundball pitcher, which fits my overall philosophy.

As far as a philosophy, I look for groundball pitchers and kind of build the team around that. For groundball pitchers, you need to have good groundball defense, which thankfully the team already has. Unfortunately, our starting pitching distribution is 1 GB, 2 FB, and 1 NEU. I will try to trade one FB for a GB, if the GB pitcher is good. Our rotation is actually solid despite the bad profiles. Also, 3/4 of our SP are international, which makes sense because the most important positions are SP, SS, CF and the best players are international, so I want to focus there. I know I violated that by getting Diaz, but I feel that his 2 way profile adds value. If he struggles though, we can always trade him.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Opening Day Roster

Catcher
Mattia Reginato is going to be our starting catcher. 27 years old, 30/43 overall/potential with some solid batting ratings. He does not have much of an arm and is only an average defender. Simone Albanese is our backup. 32 years old, not really any plus traits except for his arm. Would like to upgrade this position but it is not as important.

First Base
I really like both of our first basemen, Juan Habisail Diaz and Joe Mazzuca. Mazzuca's bat isn't great by first base standards but he is a plus defender who can play all infield spots at an average level, and has plus plate discipline. Also a good leader. Mazzuca will start at first, while Diaz will be the DH and setup man.

Second Base
Willie Vasquez is our only second baseman, and he is a solid 2b. Plus power and contact, to go with an average fielder and doesn't strikeout much. Just what I want in a second baseman.

Third Base
Francesco Imperiali is the only third baseman, and I have mixed feelings on him. He has a 3 in avoid K's, which I hate, and only 4 HR power (with 6 gap). But he is a plus defender with a 7 arm, which I like quite a bit. We'll see how this season goes.

Shortstop
Both of our shortstops are over 40 years old, which is neat. Seth La Fera is our starter, with plus discipline and plus fielding and arm. Jack Santora has plus discipline and avoid K's but with worse contact and power, so he will be on the bench. Like his fielding, so he is a good bench defensive replacement.

Outfield
The outfield is bad. Mario Chiarini is our starting RF, and he is actually solid, at 46 overall. Good eye, fine defender, and the team leader. Eugenio Ambrosini might be one of the worst players I've started, with 3's across the board hitting wise, but with a 6 in range, so he's our starting CF. His backup is Federico Giordani, a 20 overall but with 64 potential at 20 years old, so I'm interested in him. His contact projects plus, and his eye projects average to go with plus range. Nothing stands out about Lorenzo Avagina, but he will play a fine LF.

Starting Pitchers
Alex Maestri is our ace at 69 OVR, with a plus FB (92-94), SL, CH and control. He's also a sidearmer which I love. Romulo Sanchez is our #2, 5's across the board. Justin Germano and Anthony Ortega round out our rotation, but not sure how much we will use them given that we only play 2 game series every weekend. Kind of a weird set up, but I'm probably going to trade one for a OF, leave the other in case Maestri or Sanchez get hurt, and have our #4 be a bad reliever just because we will rarely use 4 starters.

Relievers
I don't want to go through everyone, so I'll talk about the highlights. Victor Garate is our stopper, as I see no point in having a closer. Since there is only 32 games in a year, there is a lot of variance that doesn't have time to shake out, so we need to be as efficient as possible. He's 5's across the board with 6 movement. Also narcissistic, so if we have clubhouse problems he may go. Ludovico Coveri may not be a big piece this year, but he has a 74 potential and a 90-92 FB that shows plus, to go with a SL and CH that also show plus. He will do some mop up duty, and looks promising. As I said earlier, Juan Habisial Diaz is our other stopper, and we will lean on him and Garate to anchor our pen.

Overally, I like our starting pitching and our infield. With this league setup, SP depth isn't as important, so I want to make sure our back end of the rotation gets a lot of work out of the pen, but I don't know how OOTP handles that. Also, improving CF is the one owner goal I do agree with, and it is a high priority.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

We started off with a double header for our first weekend of baseball home against Polisportiva Padule, who look to be the worst team in the league.

In game 1, we ended up winning 7-3. Alex Maestri pitched a gem, going 7.1 with 7 strikeouts and 1 walk, giving up 3 earned. All 3 came in the 7th, so he kind of fell apart at the end, but reliever Matteo Galeotti game in and shut it down. He is a solid reliever, a good piece of the pen. Offensively, Joe Mazzuca went 4-5 with a homer and 2 RBI. Everyone had a hit, and only 2 strikeouts. Just what I wanted out of the team, good hitting and few strikeouts.

Game 2 was not as impressive, as we only won 2-0, but we got the job done. Polisportiva Padule's starter Roberto Corradini threw a complete game, but we manage to knock him up late. Mazzuca kept up his hot streak with another homer, and Imperiali pitched in with 2 hits. Romulo Sanchez had an excellent start, going 7 with 8 K's and 2 BB's, giving up only 1 hit, and Garate came in to close the game and get the save, throwing 2 innings and striking out 5 while walking none. Great way to start off the year, and I liked the way our manager deployed Garate.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:41 AM   #6
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

This weekend we faced Novara, another cellar-dwellar team, for a two game series in Novara. Since the season is so short, every game is important, and sweeping the bad teams is crucial.

In game 1, we easily dominated them with a 15-0 win, scoring 11 runs in the 5th. Mazzuca was on fire, going 5-6 and breaking the record for most hits. Chiarini hit his first home run of the year. We took 10 walks and only struck out 4 times, which was excellent. My only problem, if you can even call it that, was that Justin Germano started and only struck out 1 batter. He was very effective though, not even allowing an extra base hit. Germano is a groundballer with an 8 in control, so I actually do not mind this move by our manager to put him in instead of going back to our ace.

However, that game wasn't as good as game 2, where we won 20-0. Diaz hit the only home run, giving him his first of the year. Anthony Ortega got the start, throwing 6.1 and striking out 4. Cherubini came in to finish it off throwing 2.2 innings.

Another great game, but we need to keep pushing.

Last edited by nymetsfan5; 05-31-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:07 AM   #7
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Our first series against Parma was up next, which was our first big test, as Parma is the second best team except for us. Parma does not have many good players, but the good players they have are stars, and they have been playing well as a team. Erlis Casanova is their ace, and he is a 72 overall, which makes him the best starter in our league. They also have a nice center fielder in Leonardo Zileri and right fielder in Sebastino Poma. But outside of them its all 20's and 30's, and I think we have a shot at sweeping this.

Game 1 was tight, and went to extra innings, but we managed to pull it out, 1-0. Joe Mazzuca hit the walk off single in the bottom of the 11th, giving us our fifth straight win. Our ace, Alex Maestri, went 7 innings striking out 8 and walking none, and was relieved by Garate, who threw 2 and walked 2, but also struck out 3. Matteo Galeotti finished off the last two innings. Tight game, but we pulled it out.

We suffer our first loss of the year in Game 2, 9-3. Pitching was a problem, as Romulo Sanchez only got through 4, giving up 3. Cherubini let the game get out of hand, giving up 3 in 1.2, walking 4 and striking out 2, and Coveri was just as bad, giving up 3 in 1.2, but walking only 3 and striking out only 1. Pitching has to be better obviously.

Spliting this series was fine, but I wish we were able to take 2, as I feel we are the better team.

Standings after 5:
Parma 5-1
Caffe Danesi Nettuno 5-1
T&A San Marino 5-1
UnipolSai Bologna 3-3
Telemarket Rimini 3-3
Tommasin Padova 1-5
Polisportiva Padule 1-5
Novara 1-5
Old 05-31-2019, 02:20 AM   #8
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

NOTE: I can't help it from continuously updating, having too much fun.

Our fourth series of the year is against UnisolSai Bologna, who is .500 heading into this series. After these two games, we will be a quarter of the way through the season, as we only play 32 games.

Before game 1, I speak with our manager about the rotation for the weekend. We decide that Germano will take game 1, and that we will go back to Maestri for game 2. I like Germano so I don't want to take him out, and despite Ortega having a good first start, it was against the worst team in the league.

Germano does well in game 1, giving up 2 runs in 6 innings while striking out 3 and walking none. Hate that he doesn't strikeout many but as long as he walks none I do not care. We end up winning 3-2, but it was a bit dicey. Germano gave up a run in the first and the third while we were held scoreless, but we scored 3 in the 6th due to a timely 2 run homer by Mattia Reginato and an RBI single by Lorenzo Avagnina gave us a lead. Proud of the team for scraping back.

Our brilliant plan to put Maestri in game 2 fails, as we lose 9-2. Maestri gave up 4 runs, but none earned, which makes me unhappy that our defense is costing us 4 runs. Jack Santora makes the error, his 3rd on the year in only 8 games. Not very good, I might consider putting in La Ferra. Offense was terrible, only walking twice while striking out 9. Bullpen also sucked, Garate gave up 2 runs and Luca Martignoni gave up 3. Worst game of the year, feel disappointed, but also I think our process is strong.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #9
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Our skid continues again in the first game against Caffe Danesi Nettuno, where we loose 9-8. The game starts off with us giving up 5 in the first. We get 1 back, then give up 2, and then we score 7 runs of our own in the 7th. However, Garate blows the save, and we are on a 2 game losing streak. Chiarini hits his second homer of the year, which was nice. Like the way we got back into the game, but it hurts to blow that game.

Game 2 was much better, and we won 11-0. Their opposing starter is terrible; they have no depth past their ace. Vincente Lupo hit his first career home run. Lupo was just called up from the reserve roster, and he is a 72 potential. He looks really good in LF, and will be a crucial part of franchise in the future. Imperiali had a great day, going 5-5. Romulo Sanchez pitched well, 6 IP with 5 K 3 BB, and Cherubini got the save. I wish Diaz has thrown this year, but he's the DH so I'm not sure if OOTP handles that.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #10
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Telemarket Rimini is our next opponent, and they are the second worst team in the league at 3-7.

In game 1, we went with Anthony Ortega instead of Germano, as he has not had a start in awhile. He does well, going 5 and a third with 5 K and 1 BB, and we win 5-0. Galeotti relieved him, going 3 innings and also striking out 5 and walking 1. Mazzuca hit his second homer, who has been excellent this year. His slash line is .480/.544/.640. Unbelievable.

We go back to Maestri for game 2, and we clobber them 10-0. Maestri goes 6, striking out 13 and walking 2. Claudio Scotti gets his first appearance of the year and does well in the 3 innings. He is rated 39/73, I am very excited for his future. Lorenzo Avagnina hits his first homer of the year.

Standings
Parma 9-3
T&A San Marino 9-3
Caffe Danesi Nettuno 8-4
UnipolSai Bologna 7-5
Tommasin Padova 4-8
Polisportiva Padule 4-8
Novara 4-8
Telemarket Rimini 3-9
Old 06-01-2019, 01:51 AM   #11
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Tommasin Padova has a truly terrible lineup, and I cant believe they have won 4 games. We can easily sweep them.

Game 1 was a bit too close, as we only won 5-0, but Maestri pitched like an ace and threw 8 innings, striking out 9, walking none, and only giving up 1 hit.

We take Game 2 easier, winning 7-0. Sanchez went 8, striking out 9 and walking 2, and Willie Vasquez hit his second homer of the year.

After the game, our manager, Mario Chiarini, requests a meeting with me.
Mario is a great guy for this league, he's easy to talk which is important for a team like this. He's also the captain of the Italian baseball league. We only play on the weekends, so a lot of guys work real jobs during the week, and it's important to have a manager that understands that and doesn't ride them too hard, because they would just end up quitting. Anyways, we talk about our future ambitions in baseball and what we want to do with our lives. He is 37, and while he said he was fine with doing what he is doing now a couple years ago, he now wants to do something more with his managerial career. Mario said that he's been talking with some people in Japan, hoping to manage there and work his way up, but he's not sure because of the language barrier. I say that I'm interested there too, as I eventually want to make it all the way to the Show and be a MLB GM, and that would be a good stepping stone. The Italian league is a great place, but there's more serious baseball elsewhere, and that's where Mario and I want to go. Maybe if I get hired somewhere like Japan or Korea, or maybe an indy ball team in the US, I'll hire Mario to be my manager. That would be crazy.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:16 AM   #12
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Nothing makes fans and front office guys more excited than a draft. The Italian Baseball League draft is interesting in that none of the players eligible are very good, so it doesn't mean much. The stars of the league are imports, not home grown, which is something Italy needs to work on. Polisportiva has the first pick, and we pick fourth.

Our first pick is Yvain Grillati a left handed relief pitcher that is a 23 potential, but with high work ethic. Should be a reserve roster guy only.

Zaccaria Braccioliniis a 20 potential OF with 5 potential HR power but 2 discipline.

Cesare Ancellotti is a relief pitcher with solid work ethic.

Laurente Mergeni is a starter with an amazing work ethic.

Niccolo Rossetti can play many different positions.

And that's the end of the draft. We got nobody to help the team, and wasn't expecting to. Pretty uneventful.

The trade deadline is the next day, and we make a trade to improve our pitiful outfield. We trade Ronald Bermudez, a solid outfielder on our reserve roster and Luca Pulzetti, a reserve roster 2B to Telemarket Rimini for their star left fielder, Alex Romero. Their general manager was looking for someone to unload his salary on, and I thought it was a good fit, especially since they are retaining 50%.

We also trade reliever Yovany D'Amico to Telemarket Rimini in exchange for a pitching prospect Cerilio Soleana. This move was to get something for D'Amico, as I was going to put him on the reserve roster to make room for Romero, because we need the international player slot. Solid trade, relievers are not very important in this league.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:31 AM   #13
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Right after the deadline we have a doubleheader against Polisportiva. They are not good, and we need both of these games to stay on top of the wildcard race.

Thankfully we kick the crap out of them in game 1, 16-0. Our offense did it's thing, Maestri pitched well, and Jack Santora hit his first homer of the year.

Second game was a bit scarier, as we only won 9-4. Romulo Sanchez had a rough start, going 3 innings before getting hurt (Dtd 1 week), but he won't miss his next start. Ludovico Coveri relieved him for 2 innings, giving up 3 runs, so not the greatest. But Matteo Galeotti converted the 4(!!) inning save and we hold on.

Standings halfway through the season
Parma 13-3
T&A San Marino 13-3
UnipolSai Bologna 10-6
Caffe Danesi Nettuno 9-7
Novara 6-10
Telemarket Rimini 5-11
Tommasin Padova 4-12
Polisortiva Padule 4-12

Last edited by nymetsfan5; 06-01-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:02 AM   #14
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Our first series after the trade deadline is against Novara, a team that we should sweep.

Maestri threw a gem in the first game, going 8 and a third with 12 strikeouts, and we win 11-5. Chiarini hit his 3rd homer. However Alex Romero, the outfielder we got in the trade, ended up getting injured with quad soreness. He will be day to day for the next week.

Game 2 is another win, 5-0. Nothing really interesting, except Vasquez went 4-4. Glad that we continue to rack up the easy wins, I desperately want the championship.

After the easy road trip, we head to Parma in one of the most important series of the season. We are just past the halfway mark now, and after this series, we will be over 60%. Parma currently has the tiebreaker over us, so I really want to win both of these games.

No time to mess around, we go back to Maestri for the first game, and win it 3-2. It was a hard fought win, as they scored first in the 4th, but we responded with a 3 run 6th. Parma picked up another one in the 8th, but we seal it and take an important first game. Chiarini does a spectacular job managing the game, putting in Garate in a high leverage situation, rather than waiting for the 9th. Garate did his best to blow it by walking 4, but that's not the point. Just a well played game, and we have the momentum heading to game 2.

And we pull out game 2! Got a bit hairy in the ninth, as Scotti nearly blew the save by giving up a run, but we win 2-1. Ortega had a good start going 6 and a third, while striking out 8. Mattia Reginato hit his second homer of the year. Our win streak is now up to 11 in a row, hopefully I don't jinx it.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #15
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

That's a quirky little schedule they have with 2 games a week. I'm curious how many players your are allowed on your active roster and how most of the teams breakdown their batters to pitchers.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #16
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanSobie View Post
That's a quirky little schedule they have with 2 games a week. I'm curious how many players your are allowed on your active roster and how most of the teams breakdown their batters to pitchers.
Like I said in my lame attempt at adding backstory, I think many of the players have "regular" jobs in real life, so they can only play the weekends. Personally, I have enjoyed it a lot, since I can follow along with the games without it taking up an entire day of playing to sim 2 weeks.

I'm not sure how this mirrors real life, but it's a 25 man roster with 6 international import players and unlimited reserve roster. Strangely enough, lot of the foreign players are Venezuelan. The way OOTP sets it up, there's 12 pitchers and 13 hitters. Obviously there is an overkill of pitchers for only 2 games a week. I don't think OOTP sets this type of league up very well, but it is sort of a novelty so I don't really hold it against them.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

UnipolSai comes to our stadium for a two game set, and we try to extend our win streak to 13.

And we blow a nice 4-0 lead to lose 7-4. Matteo Galeotti gave up 5 earned runs without getting a single out. Game 2 isn't better, we get crushed 12-5. Our bullpen has been complete garbage. Scotti blows the first save, but we come back. Then Diaz gets his first chance to pitch, and gives up 6 earned without getting an out. Absolute terrible performance this weekend, and now we are back to being tied with Parma.

Caffe Danesi is up next, and we are home again.

Germano gets the first game, and we win 4-1. Hitting wasn't great, only 1 extra base hit, but our pitching holds strong. Maestri gets the second game, and we loose 8-6. Maestri was fine, going 5 innings 8 strikeouts, but Galeotti and Scotti blow the game again. Very frustrating, not sure what to do with those guys.

Heading into our final 4 games, there is only four teams left in contention.
We are in first place at 18 and 6. Parma is in second at 18 and 6 also, but we have the tiebreaker. UnipolSai Bologna is one game back at 17 and 7, and Caffe Danesi Nettuno is in fourth, four games back and 14-10.

We got Telemarket Rimini up next, who is in dead last. It is crucial that we get both wins. Romulo Sanchez gets game 1, and we win 9-0. Galeotti regains his confidence, pitching three and two thirds and not allowing a run, giving him a save. Maestri gets the second game, and we loose in extras, 6-5. Our bullpen is terrible when he's on the mound, as we blow yet another save.

Thankfully, Parma and UnipolSai split their series, so we are still up a game going into the final weekend. UnipolSai actually is ahead of Parma due to the tiebreaker.

Tommasin Padova comes to play us in the final series. They are already eliminated, so all we have to do is win 1 and avoid any injuries. We only do one of those, as we win the first game, but Romulo Sanchez gets hurt. Devastating blow, he's been excellent this year. Not sure how long he will be out. We win the second game, but I'm more interested in how long Sanchez will be out.

And it's a season ender. Sanchez will be out 7-8 months with radial nerve compression. Huge blow to the team, but we will have to live without him as we take on UnipolSai Bologna for the championship.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:29 AM   #18
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Here we are, the championship series. All year long I was expecting to play Parma, turns out it is UnipolSai. It's a seven game set, and we are going in without our number two starter. Scary. But we should be able to win this.

Maestri gets the start for game 1. No brainer, he's our ace, and we have to trust that the bullpen doesn't blow it.

And we take it. Rough first frame, Maestri gives up 2, but we end up winning 6-4. Maestri was throwing well, but he gets injured with a strained shoulder and is out for 4 days. Not good, he's going to have to play through it though.

With Maestri and Ortega day to day, we go to Germano for game 2. And get obliterated 16-0. I don't even know where to start, just complete crap from everyone. We move on.

Game 3 is interesting. With both starters hurt and Germano tired, Manager Chiarini requests that I take over managerial duties to handle our "fireman" bullpen rotation. We are going all hands on deck for this game, and since Chiarini is the manager and playing center, he can't do both. Mareo Galeotti gets his first start of the year, in an important game 3. He does well, giving up 3 in 7 innings pitched, with only 2 earned after a passed ball. Personally, I did not manage this game as well as I should of. Left Galeotti in too long, and we loose 3-0.

Game 4 goes back to Maestri, and he has a terrible start. Gives up 5 in 4 innings, bullpen is garbage again, and we loose 13-7. I don't even know what to say anymore. We should have swept these guys, and instead we are down 3-1 in the series.

Germano starts for game 5. He's got 8 control, and I trust that he can do well, as he has the entire year. Just a calming presence. And we do win, 8-3, with Germano giving up his first walk of the season. That's the type of pitcher he is. Willie Vasquez has had a great season this year, and he's continued it in this postseason, going 3-4 today and .476 this series. Now we are down 3-2 going into the 6th.

Back to Maestri again for game 6. Ortega is going to be out for the season, so we are down to just Maestri and Germano.

Maestri has his absolute worst start this year and we lose 6-3, ending our season. He gave up 5 in the second and that pretty much sealed the deal. Super disappointing, not the way I wanted this season to end.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:20 AM   #19
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

I really considered listening to offers from the Australian League and the Dutch League, but in the end I opted to return to the Italian League. The language barrier is really tough, more so in the Dutch than the Australian, and in the end I just preferred staying in Italy. However, this should be my last if all goes to plan, the Italian League is the least prestigious league in pro ball, except for the Japanese independent league and a few US Indy Leagues, and I really want to rise up the ranks fast.

In free agency, we let go of Alex Romero in left, but added Desmond Jennings in center for 90k. We also resigned Justin Germano for 43k. We also got CF Jason Pridie as well. Both Jennings and Pridie offer plus plus power, and I think we should be in the championship series again.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:58 AM   #20
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Offseason update: I've never had one of those crazy OOTP injuries happen to me before. That changed when Matteo Galeotti's tractor he was riding on fell on top of him. He was rushed to the hospital where he was suffering from internal bleeding and damage to several vital organs. After nearly dying, the doctors were able to get him out of critical danger. He will be out for 12 months with "multiple internal injuries, broken leg, and broken arm." Crazy