Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #1
handsome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Please fix the trading A.I.!?!?!?!

...needs more trading of high end draft picks (1st and 2nd rounders) in all leagues!!
handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:16 AM   #2
ike121212
All Star Reserve

It would be fun if the trade deadline and draft day were a little more life-like. These are the best 2 days of the year for a GM, but disappointing experiences in game. Right now, I can move up in the draft for almost nothing. I'd fall out of my chair if I ever got an offer for one of my picks, on draft day.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
benjamin439
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
It would be fun if the trade deadline and draft day were a little more life-like. These are the best 2 days of the year for a GM, but disappointing experiences in game. Right now, I can move up in the draft for almost nothing. I'd fall out of my chair if I ever got an offer for one of my picks, on draft day.
Yeah I feel the game should be able to understand when a team is going to make the playoffs/be a bubble team/miss the playoffs, in order to categorize them into buyers/sellers. Having the AI split teams into categories of contender, playoff team, bubble team, and rebuild team part way through the season could help facilitate trading. Rebuilding teams should increase value on picks/prospects while decreasing value on roster players with expiring contracts. If a similar system is already in place I would appreciate more in game labels or messages about a teams status.

Someone in another thread said a trade window where you can show the items you would want in return for the players the block. Which would be great for GM's to know what the AI is really in need of.

As for trade deadline I think the bottom 5 or so teams should have ridiculous requirements to have them part with their first round picks, at the moment you can flip picks 20 and 50 for 1st overall without much trouble. You might even be able to cheese it for less.

Also do we know if there is another big update planned for FM2 or is it all hands on deck for FM3?
benjamin439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin439 View Post
Also do we know if there is another big update planned for FM2 or is it all hands on deck for FM3?
FHM 2 is getting one more update this month for the deadline deals and other fixes being added. Then we'll get into FHM 3 development full on.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #5
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
As for trade deadline I think the bottom 5 or so teams should have ridiculous requirements to have them part with their first round picks, at the moment you can flip picks 20 and 50 for 1st overall without much trouble. You might even be able to cheese it for less.
This is a big problem. I have some hope that the scouting for the draft will improve next patch, but you can trade up for anyone you want with ease (before or after they are picked). There's not much fun or challenge to it right now. It's disappointing that they built some of these core features with so little ability to customize. OOTP has had trade difficulty and trade preference as long as I can remember.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
JPG619
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yeah I feel the game should be able to understand when a team is going to make the playoffs/be a bubble team/miss the playoffs, in order to categorize them into buyers/sellers. Having the AI split teams into categories of contender, playoff team, bubble team, and rebuild team part way through the season could help facilitate trading. Rebuilding teams should increase value on picks/prospects while decreasing value on roster players with expiring contracts. If a similar system is already in place I would appreciate more in game labels or messages about a teams status.

Someone in another thread said a trade window where you can show the items you would want in return for the players the block. Which would be great for GM's to know what the AI is really in need of.

I would love that implemented too for FM3, I have many hours of this game so far and I kind of wish that they would make the trading system a little bit like real life. For example my Leafs at the deadline this year did almost a fire sale of all the current roster collecting picks for the up coming draft since the team is in a rebuild most for younger prospects .

Hopefully in the next game the can have more of a life like trade talk feature were you get bombarded with trade notifications if you are a team that wanted to let go a lot of you high priced players for picks or prospect or at least have an option to tell other team such as rebuild, or win now, or something a long that lines
JPG619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The trade AI and general roster management will be one major focus for FHM 3. Our goal here is to give the user a much more fun experience when playing his career game (day to day or e.g. weekly sim´s). We will tackle both areas, the AI itself (making the AI better aware of the situation and execute with an overall plan in mind) and presenting the stuff (draft, trades, contract negotiations, ...) in a much more involving way (immersion).
Old 03-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #8
ike121212
All Star Reserve

You need to do some work on the valuation of high draft picks and the selections. If not, more movement will be a bad thing.

I just finished simming a 2016 season, and had the #11 pick. Laine went #1, I traded my #11 pick for him straight up. Matthews went #2, I traded my 2017 #1 and a couple third rounders for him. Feels like these guys are losing half their value after being selected.

I just don't feel good making any trades with the AI in this version.