Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
ajkfly40
Bat Boy

Player Ratings

I love the direction the game is headed in. I've played FHM2 for awhile now and here are the two big things I feel needs to be changed to make FHM3 really great.

I recently created a custom league and simmed 100 years right off the bat. I wanted to see how the league evolves over time. What I've come to notice is the league does not evolve. The league leaders year after year all had similar statistics and there were no 'generational players' that stood out above everyone else.

So first, I think the option to set the leagues goals per game is one problem. Setting this number determines the statistics of the players and it should be the other way around. The players' ratings should determine the league's goals per game. Setting it at the beginning of a game is still a good starting point, but from there, the player ratings should alter how the league evolves in terms of goal scoring.

The second thing that I believe will help tremendously is making the player ratings more varied. The scale is currently 1-40, with almost every major league player hovering between 13-18 for their skills and overall rating. There is just not enough diversity there. Ratings should be able to go to 1-100. Currently there are just too many players that are very similar to each other. If you take a junior league, for example a CHL league, the best players are around a 2 point per game average. In order to get that in a custom league, you have to jack up the league goals per game. When you do that you have third line players putting up a point per game average and the best goalies in the league with a GAA over 4. If the ratings were 1-100, and the difference between the best players (say an overall average of 70-80) and the worst players (maybe a 30-40 overall average) were larger than a 4 point overall rating, I think you will get more realistic stats, and have the opportunity for special and unique players once in a while.

When you put these two ideas together, you can have a fluid and evolving league where the scoring output in a season is not as predictable. If you have a 10 year span of great defenseman and goaltending coming out of juniors, scoring dips down and vice versa if a great group of forwards come into the league a few year in a row. These things are already in OOTP16! Just keep striving to get this game where that one is and everything will be great! Thanks OOTP!
ajkfly40 is offline   Reply With Quote