Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #21
landru22
Major Leagues

I was able to open in GIMP. Haven't tried to edit anything yet, however.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:12 AM   #22
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

So for ThatSeventiesGuy and anyone else that are currently trying out Inkscape and/or Illustrator here are the templates in .ai and .svg files. Let me know if either of these work!

.ai:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqwtx2twwt...mplate.ai?dl=0

.svg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qf75xvp6f...plate.svg?dl=0
Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 AM   #23
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I unfortunately couldn't get my computer or any programs on it to open those files...BUT...

It turns out I was able to find a site that could convert the PSD files to PNGs. Took me a few tries with other websites, but I finally found Zamzar could do the job. A bit of a pain, since I then had to download all 306 templates one at a time, but well worth it.

So, here's your files, converted to .png to save you and others the work! There are some great templates in there, enough to make just about any jersey one could think of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n64cjx1uzg...tible.zip?dl=0

I think I speak for many when I say thanks for all your hard work!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #24
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
I unfortunately couldn't get my computer or any programs on it to open those files...BUT...

It turns out I was able to find a site that could convert the PSD files to PNGs. Took me a few tries with other websites, but I finally found Zamzar could do the job. A bit of a pain, since I then had to download all 306 templates one at a time, but well worth it.

So, here's your files, converted to .png to save you and others the work! There are some great templates in there, enough to make just about any jersey one could think of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n64cjx1uzg...tible.zip?dl=0

I think I speak for many when I say thanks for all your hard work!

I may have one more option with the .svg for Inkscape. I was just googling it on my phone, so I'll upload it tomorrow morning; I'm under the weather and need sleep. There's a few options when exporting from Adobe to svg and certain ones need to be checked for Inkscape to open the file so well test that tomorrow
Old 09-23-2015, 01:50 AM   #25
GM in Training
Minors (Single A)

Havent seen the template yet but does it have shading layers?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:04 AM   #26
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Turns out you can make at least passable-looking jerseys in GIMP. Not up to your level, but decent. I'd want to see how they look in-game before making more, though.

Because of the ".png offset" crap, I had to place most of the layers by hand, not a good thing with my shaky hands and bad vision. My kingdom for all-same-size layers that fit right over the base layer! It took me well over an hour just to make one jersey - most OOTP ones take 15 minutes for me, tops. I think I may have to chalk this one up to "out of my league" and wait for a Jersey Maker program to come along.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:25 AM   #27
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

ThatSeventiesGuy. I was in your boat. I only had gimp and no photoshop software. I ended up downloading something called paint.net and it's a pretty decent program and totally free. Check out tip one on this site. This probably will be a lot easier to make jerseys https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-o...obe-photoshop/
Old 09-23-2015, 06:13 AM   #28
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
This template was created on Mac; were you having issues?
At Adobe's monthly subscription..
Old 09-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #29
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

So using Photoshop here is one of my attempts for the Florida Flamingos, Memphis Crowns, and Portland Owls. I hope they look good in the game!

Old 09-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #30
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
ThatSeventiesGuy. I was in your boat. I only had gimp and no photoshop software. I ended up downloading something called paint.net and it's a pretty decent program and totally free. Check out tip one on this site. This probably will be a lot easier to make jerseys https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-o...obe-photoshop/
I tried that...just couldn't get into it. Never really saw how it's much better than GIMP, honestly, and to me, at least, it was an even bigger pain in the rear.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #31
Pwal
All Star Starter

Looking good, thirdsaint! But you probably should make your logos smaller because they'll take almost all of the front of the jersey once in-game. See my example here.
Attached Images
Old 09-23-2015, 10:35 AM   #32
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
I tried that...just couldn't get into it. Never really saw how it's much better than GIMP, honestly, and to me, at least, it was an even bigger pain in the rear.
I was just doing some reading... Inkscape should be able to open .svg files which are scalable vector graphics. I am not sure what issues you're having that wont allow you to do so?

Here is one more version of a .svg to see if it allows you to open it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qf75xvp6f...plate.svg?dl=0
Old 09-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #33
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
Looking good, thirdsaint! But you probably should make your logos smaller because they'll take almost all of the front of the jersey once in-game. See my example here.
Good to know. I wasn't sure how they would show up in the game so now that I know I'll shrink them. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #34
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Those are fictional teams, right? I'd be happy to test a couple of them out in game and show you how they look later tonight if you wanted to post the actual files here.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #35
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Cole, if you could, check these out for me. I shrank the logos down and also have a jersey with my championship star system to see how those look for placement and size. Thanks!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #36
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Nice work man!!!! My only complaint with your jersey is on the Flamingos, it looks like you used the older shading layer, the newer one looks better in my opinion.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #37
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Cole, if you could, check these out for me. I shrank the logos down and also have a jersey with my championship star system to see how those look for placement and size. Thanks!
Sure, I will later tonight when I have access to the game... And in the meantime if any of the beta guys want to do so first, be my guest. I'm always in favor of people coming up with fictional logos!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #38
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Nice work man!!!! My only complaint with your jersey is on the Flamingos, it looks like you used the older shading layer, the newer one looks better in my opinion.
Thanks! All credit to you guys making the template in the first place, makes my job easy! Yeah, I'm going to mix it up with both sets of shading styles to keep each jersey from looking the same. I don't mind the old one at all but I also haven't seen it in game.

Last edited by thirdsaint; 09-23-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #39
Duranium
All Star Starter

here we go....
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 09-23-2015, 12:22 PM   #40
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Duranium! Looks like the logo needs to be moved up somewhat?

Also, I just realized these are the jerseys from that fictional league you posted about in another thread.. I'm stoked as I really liked a lot of your logos.. I may have to 'borrow' some of these for my own fictional league
Closed Thread