Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #21
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELCITY637 View Post
No problems here. When I looked at the league there was already a manager in it. So I just created myself and deleted the other manager.

Great Universe cant wait to take control of the Pitt Panthers.
Steelcity, you might want to check the league setup and make sure that the HS league is set to create players min: 14 years old and max: 14 years old, junior college and college both 18 years old min and max. You'll have to let me know if you get a chance--I think I might have left them at 14-17 HS, 18-19 JC and 18-21 college, as those are the ranges that need to be used when the league is created, but they need to be changed to just the first year of that range after that.

Another known issue is that I'm pretty sure I left the National League with the NC abbreviation from Ice's world instead of NL. That's an easy fix in the names & affiliations tab of the league setup.

Both of these will be fixed in the next release.

Other than that, you'll have to let me know how it goes and offer any suggestions you think of.

I'll try to find out what could be causing the problems for you other folks, and over the next day or two I will create a world template and upload that too, so that you can try to use it that way.
Prodigal Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 AM   #22
Vermont
Bat Boy

Sounds great. Can´t wait to download and try when I get back home tonight....
Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #23
SWardle
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Wow, awesome job to all involved.
SWardle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #24
Vermont
Bat Boy

Maybe the Cuban League mentioned here could be integrated as well?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=142584
Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #25
STEELCITY637
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
Steelcity, you might want to check the league setup and make sure that the HS league is set to create players min: 14 years old and max: 14 years old, junior college and college both 18 years old min and max. You'll have to let me know if you get a chance--I think I might have left them at 14-17 HS, 18-19 JC and 18-21 college, as those are the ranges that need to be used when the league is created, but they need to be changed to just the first year of that range after that.

Another known issue is that I'm pretty sure I left the National League with the NC abbreviation from Ice's world instead of NL. That's an easy fix in the names & affiliations tab of the league setup.

Both of these will be fixed in the next release.

Other than that, you'll have to let me know how it goes and offer any suggestions you think of.

I'll try to find out what could be causing the problems for you other folks, and over the next day or two I will create a world template and upload that too, so that you can try to use it that way.
Age modifiers were set to 18 for college and 14 for HS. It is good to go.
STEELCITY637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #26
Gamblin79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm looking forward to trying this one out because it gives us a pro league with full minors, two feeders, and a couple international leagues. Just what I was looking to do myself, but I'm still having trouble getting this quickstart to work.

I can't get a human manager in game after I load it up. It's like the program refuses to accept the load without a human manager already setup, but I can't put a human manager in unless it loads; chicken or the egg quandry. Anyone else encountering something similiar?
Gamblin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #27
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin79 View Post
I'm looking forward to trying this one out because it gives us a pro league with full minors, two feeders, and a couple international leagues. Just what I was looking to do myself, but I'm still having trouble getting this quickstart to work.

I can't get a human manager in game after I load it up. It's like the program refuses to accept the load without a human manager already setup, but I can't put a human manager in unless it loads; chicken or the egg quandry. Anyone else encountering something similiar?
(There are actually three feeders: NCAA, NCJAA and HS.)

I have no idea why you are getting that error. But I have uploaded the World Template file so that you can try going that round. Be sure you start the league in 2007, and you'll have to do some housekeeping that you wouldn't have to do with the quickstart:

1) After the league is generated, go into the league setup options and change the max ages for player creation for NCAA, NCJAA and HSAS to match the minimum ages for player creation. That will be 14 for HS and 18 for the other two. This will make sure all players created are "freshmen."

2) Go to the MLB options and generate a new schedule. This should prevent the "No player present" bug at the all-star break.

3) I recommend simming through 2007 and starting in 2008 (or later if you want history). This is because there were a few kinks in '07 (like a half-full draft class) that the game does a good job of working out if you just sim through it.

Hope this works for you!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 AM   #28
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

I'm starting off my career in this world at the high school level with the Missouri Ozarks. The athletic director expects me to go .500, but I don't know if it's doable. We have some good contact hitters on the team and some speed, but we have no power (even compared to other HS teams) and our starting pitching is quite weak. We're 4-6, and it might be a long season.

There are a couple of guys on our team with MLB potential, one a pretty good defensive catcher with decent offensive skills and the other a speedy center fielder with a lot of potential but a long ways to go. Both are seniors this year. It will be interesting to see how they turn out. Maybe I'll coach 'em in the bigs some day?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #29
Gamblin79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I really want to try this mod badly, but now I can't get the template to work either. I dl, then unzip to my documents/sports interactive/ootp2007/template. I put it in a folder titled Real World Baseball. I go into ootp 2007 and open up templates and none show up. What am I doing wrong?
Every hitter likes fastballs, just like everybody likes ice cream. But you don't like it when someone's stuffing it into you by the gallon. That's what it feels like when Nolan Ryan's thrown balls by you. ~Reggie Jackson
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #30
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin79 View Post
I really want to try this mod badly, but now I can't get the template to work either. I dl, then unzip to my documents/sports interactive/ootp2007/template. I put it in a folder titled Real World Baseball. I go into ootp 2007 and open up templates and none show up. What am I doing wrong?
You gotta put it in the world_templates folder, not the templates one. Hope it works for ya.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #31
Gamblin79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
You gotta put it in the world_templates folder, not the templates one. Hope it works for ya.
I looked for a World_Templates folder and can't find it. All I see is a templates folder in my documents. Do I have to create a World_Templates folder?
Every hitter likes fastballs, just like everybody likes ice cream. But you don't like it when someone's stuffing it into you by the gallon. That's what it feels like when Nolan Ryan's thrown balls by you. ~Reggie Jackson
Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #32
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Yes, you need to create that folder if it doesn't already exist.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #33
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

I am getting stuck that its making me do a draft and theres no eligible players.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:43 PM   #34
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

I am unable to find a way to load this file, I wanted to put it in my quickstart folder, but I don't see one within the OOTP 2007 folder, and I put it in my world templates folder, but cant' figure out how to load it now. HELP!
baseballfanmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:22 AM   #35
kagnew35
All Star Starter

DL'd the template, unzipped to World_Template folder, I created, loaded game, no problems. Did game set up, changed ages to 18 and 14 as told to. started game and got initial draft, no players. released all players down to A level, no players in draft, message "draft complete"?????????????????????

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #36
ukslamjam
Minors (Double A)

I have a theory about the quicksave file freezing during intialzing! It might sound crazy but I need at least 2 other people to try this.

1. Disable all screensavers.
2. Close all other programs - this means no surfing the net either!!
3. When naming the file call it mlb (in lower case).

Sounds crazy but it works for me everything I do it and doesnt when I have one of the above enabled.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. . . . . its amazing!!!!!!

Has anyone tried to add Gambo's db to this?!

Last edited by ukslamjam; 04-18-2007 at 04:09 PM.
ukslamjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #37
GEP
Minors (Double A)

When I first loaded it, it processed stuff for a long time, then crashed (lost the window, it wouldn't quit, and I had to do the Mac equivalent of ctrl-alt-delete to kill the program). BUT, a game was created and when I go to load it, it seems to work fine. I was able to create a new manager and delete the existing one without issue. And, since somebody on this thread mentioned their jersey file being an issue, I just tried opening the Nat's page and it loaded fine. I haven't actually tried to play a game (or even get a job) yet -- I'm a newbie and I'm not even on page 300 of the manual yet. But so far, there don't seem to be any problems with the game file.
GEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #38
Prodigal Son
All Star Starter

I've been following the thread and wish I could be more helpful in solving the technical problems, but I'm not too good at that stuff. Sorry to those who can't get it working. I hope those who can have enjoyed it.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #39
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

OK, so I was finally able to find this file in my quickstart games, and I tried to load it, but it always locked up at the same spot. When it was trying to copy League_121_transactions_2007.txt. Could never get past that, tried it twice. Most likely it's my virus infected crappy computer. But it's frustrating that I won't be able to check this mod out, at least not right now.
baseballfanmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #40
Tribe Fan 24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanmas View Post
OK, so I was finally able to find this file in my quickstart games, and I tried to load it, but it always locked up at the same spot. When it was trying to copy League_121_transactions_2007.txt. Could never get past that, tried it twice. Most likely it's my virus infected crappy computer. But it's frustrating that I won't be able to check this mod out, at least not right now.

Mine is hanging up on message1048.txt and going no further.

I am frustrated because I couldn't get World of Baseball 1.5 to work, then I tried this one and now neither will work. All I want is to have a fictional roster, with real minor leagues and real team names without having to go in manually and do it.

Any suggestions on how to get this to happen?

Kevin

Proud Papa of Caroline Grace (b. 2005) Kaeden Michael (b. 2008) and Claire Elise (b. 2012)
Tribe Fan 24 is offline   Reply With Quote