Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 03:53 AM   #121
franklin_1
Minors (Double A)

Would you mind sending a copy of that to me as well?

My email is etb003@drake.edu

Thanks much.
franklin_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #122
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Conn Chris:

Did you ever put your rules in a word document? I'd love to see them as I am looking at resetting up my universe and liked a lot of your ideas.
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #123
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ernesider View Post
Conn Chris:

Did you ever put your rules in a word document? I'd love to see them as I am looking at resetting up my universe and liked a lot of your ideas.
I hadn't posted it because I wanted to edit and clean it up but let's face it - I'm never going to get to it.

Here it is in all its ugliness. I added the last bit about maintenance that I hadn't gotten to here on the board but other than that it is 22 page cut-and-paste document in need of editing. Make that badly in need of editing.

Christopher

Edit:

By the way, if someone out there actualy wants to edit it and make it a nice purty document I'd be all for it. I'd even answer any emails in the process of cleaning it up if that would help. I am not sure how clear or worthwhile it is in present form.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Large universe Rules and Whatnot.zip (24.0 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 02-10-2007 at 12:26 PM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #124
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Wow! Thanks for getting that posted. I'm anxious to go through it and see if I can get it to work with my universe.

Getting started is always the hardest thing for me, and I realize I'm the only one really holding it back! I waver between wanting a more traditional setup (like boxing really is), a more amateur/tournament setup, a league format (with grades of talent like A, AA, AAA divisions), and almost a collegiate-type one.

Has anyone played around with any "alternate" ways of setting a universe up similar to what I mentioned above?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #125
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for getting that posted. I'm anxious to go through it and see if I can get it to work with my universe.

Getting started is always the hardest thing for me, and I realize I'm the only one really holding it back! I waver between wanting a more traditional setup (like boxing really is), a more amateur/tournament setup, a league format (with grades of talent like A, AA, AAA divisions), and almost a collegiate-type one.

Has anyone played around with any "alternate" ways of setting a universe up similar to what I mentioned above?
More than one tourny has been set up in the 'Between the Ropes' forum. Also, LeeSkye ran an Olympics in his universe some time ago.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #126
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
Chris,

I fooled around with that spreadsheet so it would generate 10 TC's at a time for a specific country including which TC tamplate to use. I can't upload the file here as it is 4.5 MB but if you email me your address I will email it to you or if you're really patient I will post it at cornerwork and once the site is back up you can download it.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark:

Did you ever post this at cornerwork? I know that you emailed it to me but some dummy that I know didn't pull it from his email box before his email service went belly up (Elvis.com).

Christopher
Old 02-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #127
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

Hey Chris,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to making this game better for all of us! Your rules and startegies have been a great benefit to me.

I do have one question. Exactly what does a fighter have to do to reach your "international" level? Do you use a certain ranking, number of fights, or what?

I realize that they fight only fighters from their region for a while in the beginning. When do they get a chance to test their mettle against other opponents from around the world?
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #128
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Nice of you to say that, thanks.

I have fighters ranked internationaly after 20 bouts. It is only when they get a world ranking that they venture out into other regions. At the moment, a fighter who never cracks the world top 75 will never face opponents out of his geographic area. I will move that number to 100 as the numbers grow within each weight class. That is already the case for the heavyweights

The first ten bouts will almost always be against stiffs. Bouts 11 to 20 will be a combination of stiffs and decent competion within their region.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #129
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Another question for you...

I think I missed something, but I wasn't clear on your initial directons about deleting all of the fighters in your database except for one (ok..I understand that...but....)

How do you start introducing the other fighters if they've been deleted? Aren't those fighters "gone?"

I'm sure there is a simple explanatin and I apologize if I missed it on your directions.

Thanks again -- I'm starting to implement a lot of those changes!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #130
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Another question for you...

I think I missed something, but I wasn't clear on your initial directons about deleting all of the fighters in your database except for one (ok..I understand that...but....)

How do you start introducing the other fighters if they've been deleted? Aren't those fighters "gone?"

I'm sure there is a simple explanatin and I apologize if I missed it on your directions.

Thanks again -- I'm starting to implement a lot of those changes!
That was just an explanation of how I created a separate database just for the universe. Once I created and named the new database, I wanted to import only certain fighters into it. First though, I wanted to get rid of all the fighters that load with a new DB. I found out the hard way that if you delete all fighters, you cannot import new ones into the empty database. That is why I leave one fighter, he gets deleted after I import the first batch of new fighters.

To get the fighters that I want in the universe, I export the desired fighters to a file folder from my other database(s) and then open the new DB and import them from the same folder. The export/import functions are located in the right side menu.

One other step that I do is to have a holding DB. I export/import fighters into that DB then make all changes necessary for my universe (DOB, Groups, et cetera) in that holding universe. Then I export/import them into the real universe database. With nearly 9,000 fighters in the universe, I just find that working with the rookie fighters in their own DB to make alterations is easier than dumping them in the big DB and finding/altering them there.

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 02-22-2007 at 07:22 AM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #131
Ian Lord
All Star Starter

Johnny 'Bump City' Bumphus
Ian Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #132
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I had a request for the rules that I use. Nothing special.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:27 AM   #133
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Also, here is the link to the title belts used in this universe:

Link (belts created by talented folks here on our board)
Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #134
gocubsgo
All Star Starter

Thanks a lot Chris. I decided to start a new Uni using your setup in the large universe thread. So far i am very impressed it has been much easier than my current heavyweight Uni.
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #135
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
Thanks a lot Chris. I decided to start a new Uni using your setup in the large universe thread. So far i am very impressed it has been much easier than my current heavyweight Uni.
If you have suggestions for improvement please let me know so we can adjust the word document for the next guy to use.

Christopher
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #136
Kalinik
Minors (Double A)

I must say this is a very useful thread. I looked here to make my own rules for my Universe. In my opinion it's some sort of menu card for every to pick out what he/she likes. Very good job guys.
Kalinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #137
barkflex
Minors (Single A)

Sorry to dig up an old one but I have a question I'd love to have answered. Very good thread by the way.

Concerning Auto Aging, I can't find the following options anywhere, I have TB2 V1.0.20, I'm starting to think it might not be included in this version.
If it is there, would somebody be kind enough to post screenshot to help me find it? If not, what version do I need? I also can't find anything about entering sub-groups. Many thanks.

- Aging

Here are the options I use for aging. This is subjective but here is what I use and like so far:

1) Go to options tab on the start screen
2) Select the aging tab (last one on right)
3) Check both boxes at the top
4) Set aging parameters - I use:
----Pre rime 1 to 4 bouts
----Prime 10 to 25
----Post prime 20 to 60
----End 10 to 20
----Retired 8 to 20
------This will give a career range of 49 to 129 fights. It seems pretty good to me so far.
5) Click 'Activate auto aging for each fighter'
6) Click 'Calculate next aging for all fighters' (You will not have to ever click this again, even when you bring in new fighters)
barkflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #138
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

If I recall, it's in options. Look to the tabs at the top, it is on the right end.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #139
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Great Stuff

This thread is great, wow. What a resource.

How does the 2.5 update impact this? What things can be automated now, besided the RFG? Thanks for any help.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #140
Scruff
Minors (Triple A)

Just figured I'd check in again regarding version 2.5. Thanks for any help.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote