Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #21
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

forgot to add picture of what it says when attempting to load game again... crashed only because I used task manager to close it to see if it would load on 2nd 3rd and 4th attempt
Attached Images

Last edited by r0nster; 03-20-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #22
kdog739
Bat Boy

Uploaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yeah, we'll take a look at this. We'll need to see your league files though. If you can upload those as per my signature and let me know what you called them, that would be really helpful. Or you can always just put them on Dropbox or another sharing site and send me the link Thanks!
Thanks! I uploaded them, the zipped folder is called "kdog739 CPBL Projections Crash"
Old 03-20-2019, 09:43 PM   #23
psych
Bat Boy

OOTP Crashes

Are you on a PC or Mac? Mac
What OS are you using? OS 10.10.5
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone? Stand alone
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? MacBook Pro

What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)? 8GB
Where exactly does your game crash? It won't launch at all. Get a message that an error occured and being reported to apple
What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what? Same occurance every time trying to log in
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP20 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #24
jburian1
Bat Boy

My pc is screwed since I downloaded beta

I have now lost 4 posts because my pc is now a cluster**** after loading ootp20 beta! I don't want an endless list of questionable instructions so I can piss away more of my time. I WANT RESULTS!!! I have promoted previous versions of ootp to many people, but the problems I am experiences to my pc makes it very hard for me to recommend this **** storm. I WANT RESULTS!

PS - This posting system sucks big time.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #25
jburian1
Bat Boy

My pc is screwed since I downloaded beta

yeah I had that popup talking about the "flag" too and clicked on the proceed button and the whole pc locked down and froze. THis is unacceptable and my pc is a cluster**** now.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #26
seven
All Star Reserve

crash when trying to replay play-by-play

Running the latest update (20.0.24) on an iMac (21.5", mid 2011, OS 10.13.6), a crash occurred when playing out a game and selecting the option to replay the play-by-play.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:00 AM   #27
krtgolfing
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
forgot to add picture of what it says when attempting to load game again... crashed only because I used task manager to close it to see if it would load on 2nd 3rd and 4th attempt
Any luck on this fix? I uninstalled all the files and reinstalled the game and still no luck.

I submitted a ticket for this as well.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:55 AM   #28
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing View Post
Any luck on this fix? I uninstalled all the files and reinstalled the game and still no luck.

it seemed to work when I rebooted then this morning I played some more and I hit play game it would act as if its trying to do something then poof game gone. There is no commonality just like previous versions it did same thing but never this often. I am now trying the run as administrator right now. It still fights but lets me get into game.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #29
krtgolfing
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
it seemed to work when I rebooted then this morning I played some more and I hit play game it would act as if its trying to do something then poof game gone. There is no commonality just like previous versions it did same thing but never this often. I am now trying the run as administrator right now. It still fights but lets me get into game.
Gotcha. I am going to mess around with it again later tonight to see if I can get it to work. It was working earlier but once I downloaded the update I have been getting the error message ever since. Tried to uninstall all my ootp files and then download and then install the game. After the install and when the game tries to open to finish the install is when is crashes every time.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #30
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburian1 View Post
I have now lost 4 posts because my pc is now a cluster**** after loading ootp20 beta! I don't want an endless list of questionable instructions so I can piss away more of my time. I WANT RESULTS!!! I have promoted previous versions of ootp to many people, but the problems I am experiences to my pc makes it very hard for me to recommend this **** storm. I WANT RESULTS!

PS - This posting system sucks big time.
We need to know the specifics of what's going to to be able to help you. There's no magic button to press to make the game work. If it doesn't work, it's because something is going wrong on your specific setup, but we need specific information from you to figure out what might be happening.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 03-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog739 View Post
Thanks! I uploaded them, the zipped folder is called "kdog739 CPBL Projections Crash"
Ok, I let Matt know that's there and he'll take a look as soon as possible.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Running the latest update (20.0.24) on an iMac (21.5", mid 2011, OS 10.13.6), a crash occurred when playing out a game and selecting the option to replay the play-by-play.
Is this something repeatable, or does it seem to be random? In other words, if you do the same thing again in another game, do you get another crash?

Old 03-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #33
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing View Post

We're working through any tickets at the moment, but should have replied to most of them.

What's specifically happening for you when you try to load the game?

I looked back through the thread, but couldn't find if you'd posted any details. If I missed this, sorry!

Old 03-21-2019, 03:34 PM   #34
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych View Post
Are you on a PC or Mac? Mac
What OS are you using? OS 10.10.5
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone? Stand alone
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? MacBook Pro
If you download and install the patch here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar....php?p=4456844

it should fix your issues. If not, send me an email or PM and let me know.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #35
krtgolfing
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
We're working through any tickets at the moment, but should have replied to most of them.

What's specifically happening for you when you try to load the game?

I looked back through the thread, but couldn't find if you'd posted any details. If I missed this, sorry!
I am going to try troubleshooting again tonight and see if I can get it to work. If not I will post as much information as possible.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #36
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog739 View Post
Quote:
Ok, I let Matt know that's there and he'll take a look as soon as possible.
Okay, it actually wasn't a crash in the projections, it was a missing check in compensation code. I would suggest to disable FA compensation in the CPBL, and we will fix the missing check in a future patch (it will likely not make it in for tomorrow, but there is a chance it may).
Old 03-21-2019, 09:35 PM   #37
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is this something repeatable, or does it seem to be random? In other words, if you do the same thing again in another game, do you get another crash?
It did happen once with the first version of the game, but I tried again just now, two or three times, and there was no problem.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #38
zappa1
All Star Starter

After installing the update I have had the game freeze on 3 occasions now. Had no problems of game freeze before the update. I'll have to wait until the next update comes available. I can't take a chance a play this like this. When it freezes, everything stops. Keyboard takes no commands, no mouse movements or buttons. Can't use Ctrl, Alt, Delete to run task manager to exit the game. Have to power down and restart. I don't want to have to keep doing that. So I'll have to wait it out, I guess. This is on a Windows 10 pro build 1803. AMD.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 AM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
After installing the update I have had the game freeze on 3 occasions now. Had no problems of game freeze before the update. I'll have to wait until the next update comes available. I can't take a chance a play this like this. When it freezes, everything stops. Keyboard takes no commands, no mouse movements or buttons. Can't use Ctrl, Alt, Delete to run task manager to exit the game. Have to power down and restart. I don't want to have to keep doing that. So I'll have to wait it out, I guess. This is on a Windows 10 pro build 1803. AMD.
What's happening in-game when you run into the freezing, are you playing out games in 3D or just browsing?

Were you doing the same thing each time it happened, or something different?

Old 03-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #40
zappa1
All Star Starter

Good morning, Lukas. I've was playing out the game in 3D mode. But late last night I gave it another try and I think I may have found something. I played a game from the 2019 season and it played through, no freeze. The previous freezes were from seasons I converted over from OOTP 19. Once in my 1968 season. And twice in my 1935 season. I noticed something weird when I backed up those seasons. After backing them up, it still said the backup was 2 days old. That shouldn't be, right? So, I backed it up again and it said it was up to date. I haven't tried a game from one of those season's yet to see if it still freezes. I'm gonna play one right now and see what happens. Here goes.
Closed Thread