Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-20-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM4 Available October 6! Save 10% when you pre-order and get the game 4 days early!

Franchise Hockey Manager 4: The Most Hockey Ever!

Officially Licensed by the NHL®!

Ready to drop the puck on a new season of exciting hockey action? Here’s the chance to do it on October 2, 4 days early, when you pre-order Franchise Hockey Manager 4 for just $35.99, a 10% savings!

FHM 4 is officially licensed by the NHL®, it packs even more features than FHM 3 and takes the series to a whole new level in terms of realism and gameplay.

The Most Hockey Ever - Pre-order now!

Info for Steam customers: Pre-order is not available for the Steam version, FHM 4 will be released on Steam October 6 with a launch discount of 10%.

New features in FHM 4:

2017-18 team rosters

Take over a team in one of over 24 playable leagues that feature real current rosters based on countless hours of detailed research into player ratings. In addition to the National Hockey League® license, which gives FHM 4 real logos, uniforms, and histories for all 31 teams, the game features North American minor leagues, Canadian major junior leagues, and multiple levels of European hockey leagues.

Vegas, baby!

Yes, you can roll the dice with the new NHL® expansion team, the Vegas Golden Knights™. Take control of the team as it was built through the expansion draft or return those players to their original teams and remake the Golden Knights™ according to your strategic vision.

Unprecedented customization

FHM 4 features even more ways to set up a league. In additional to pre-configured structures, choose the number of conferences and divisions in your league, its schedule length, and the number of teams.

The most hockey ever

Travel as far back as the 1917-18 season and enjoy historically accurate rosters, including the early major leagues in western Canada! FHM 4 puts more hockey history at your fingertips than any game ever released.

In addition, try one of FHM 4’s 30 new historical challenges (one per NHL® team) and see if you can repeat, or improve on, such successes as Montreal’s 1950s dynasty, Philadelphia’s 1970s expansion wins, and Vancouver’s wild ride to the 1982 Stanley Cup® Final!

Challenge Mode

You can also put your hockey smarts to the test in the modern day with Challenge Mode, a new twist that pushes you to compete and win even when the odds are stacked against you. It’s a spin on the popular Path to Glory Mode, which is now available in every aspect of FHM 4.

Commissioner Mode

You can now take the top-level view in all game types and make changes as you see fit.

Worldwide playable leagues

Take the reins of a team in Austria, Belarus, Denmark, Slovakia, Poland, and other countries, in addition to returning favorites. FHM 4 also features a European Champions League and more international competitions than ever.

Staggering detail

Many more new features include
A new Hall of Fame system
Line chemistry
Player uniform number assignments
Postseason awards
Dramatically expanded statistical tracking
Single game records
Club alumni lists
In-game audio and visual enhancements
And much more!

Ready to drop the puck on Oct. 2, 4 days before FHM 4’s worldwide release? Pre-order your copy now!

NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams.
©NHL 2017. All Rights Reserved.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Adam and I will be hosting a special Twitch stream at 12 noon (Eastern Time, 9 PM CEST) today with more details: www.twitch.tv/OOTPDevelopments
Old 09-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Loving the preview screenshots, Ukrainian Hockey League? Just take my money.

btw in those lower leagues are the players fictional or real?

Thanks!
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Congratulations, guys!! Looking forward to the new game yet again! The screenshots look great!!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Curious to what the in-game visuals are!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #6
skoch
Minors (Single A)

So we have to wait till October 2nd for the pre-order price?
Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

"FHM 4 features even more ways to set up a league. In additional to pre-configured structures, choose the number of conferences and divisions in your league, its schedule length, and the number of teams" <------ That is my personal favorite line, went and preordered right away, Im excited now for it, great job guys!
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
So we have to wait till October 2nd for the pre-order price?
No, it's currently set to $35.99 USD on the Esellerate store.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
caca0o
Minors (Rookie Ball)

so when I buy the game in pre-order. will the game come on October 2?
caca0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #10
croatian
All Star Starter

Looks VERY promising, but can someone explain me what is exactly Challenge mode, I didnt understand it clearely, Thanks !
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #11
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
No, it's currently set to $35.99 USD on the Esellerate store.
Even with the currency exchange, it's still at $48.58 CAD?

No discount for us eskimos?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #12
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, another one. Did not touch FHM3 during the summer to build hype for this version. Will be pre-ordering on the 25th.

Also if we pre-order will we get steam keys later?
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #13
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Looks good so far, will most likely pre-order again just to support you guys because you are a great and community oriented team.

Will there finally be a roster editor for FHM 4 this time? I would really look forward for something like this because I always enjoyed using the TBL rosters for Eastside Hockey Manager. It would be awesome if FHM would allow something like this, too.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Loving the preview screenshots, Ukrainian Hockey League? Just take my money.

btw in those lower leagues are the players fictional or real?

Thanks!
No playable Ukrainian league yet (the new playable European leagues were the ones needed to enable the Champions League), but it's now very close to the top of the list for new candidates for playability - we've taken some steps recently to beef up our research coverage of Eastern Europe. The players are real (aside from a few fictional very young players generated at startup to make sure the draft pools in the first few seasons are complete.)
Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
Looks VERY promising, but can someone explain me what is exactly Challenge mode, I didnt understand it clearely, Thanks !
Similar to the Path to Glory mode last year - voluntary restrictions on your game to keep it more, well, "challenging." The big difference this year is that it's no longer compulsory in some modes, and all the extra feature from Path to Glory, like improving your managerial skills and getting a rating score for your season, are active in every mode - not just the modern one.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Even with the currency exchange, it's still at $48.58 CAD?

No discount for us eskimos?
It's pretty much always better to take the USD rate on eSellerate and let your bank/credit card company do the conversion for you (and it seems particularly noticeable with their USD-to-CAD rates.) It'll default to Canadian dollars, but you can just switch it back to US from the dropdown menu on the order page, which will give you the regular discounted price.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Looks good so far, will most likely pre-order again just to support you guys because you are a great and community oriented team.

Will there finally be a roster editor for FHM 4 this time? I would really look forward for something like this because I always enjoyed using the TBL rosters for Eastside Hockey Manager. It would be awesome if FHM would allow something like this, too.
Not a standalone one, but we have made a few more things editable this year that are fairly important to editing/creating players (player templates, for example, which are the basic starting point for creating a player, can now be changed.) And since editing is once again available in all game modes, you're not going to be locked out of it in some types of game.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #18
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
"FHM 4 features even more ways to set up a league. In additional to pre-configured structures, choose the number of conferences and divisions in your league, its schedule length, and the number of teams" <------ That is my personal favorite line, went and preordered right away, Im excited now for it, great job guys!
Definitely something to be excited about.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #19
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

In Challenge mode will you have input into how your minor league players develop? I.E. Will I be able to tell my AHL head coach to start a guy on the first line at right wing, or tell them to play the younger goalie instead of sitting him on the bench behind the journeyman?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #20
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Sweet swill pre-order right away! From someone who had 3 hours on the original FHM to 700 and 800 on 2 and 3 I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements you guys have made.

Off-topic:
Recently "downgraded" to and i5 Surface Pro 4 anyone have experience on how well the game ran? Even on my gaming rig I found the game would slow down in the later years (most notably on the personnel page).
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote