Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Roster Management Suggestions

Just a couple things I've thought would make the game a little more hands-on and immersive, apologies if they've already been mentioned!

1 - Hands-off Farm Team Management: I've seen a few people mention this in the general forum as far as looking for even more in-depth meddling with your minor league team, which would be cool! I'd be happy with the option to offer guidance, so to speak - designate certain prospects that you'd want your minors coach to focus on and make sure they get a good amount of icetime. Sometimes I see a guy who's 0.5 current/2.5 potential sitting for a guy who's a 1.0/1.0. I get that they want to win, but as the GM of the organization I'd want the guy with better potential to help the big club getting the time.

2 - Goalie Timeshares: More of an issue if you're playing as GM-only, but I'd like to see a slider or something where you can designate how often your backup goalie starts. That way, if you want your goalie to pull of a Brodeur-ish 70 game season you can make it happen, or if you have two similarly skilled goalies you can go with a more 50/50 split.

3 - Hot/Cold Streaks: Pretty self-explanatory. Maybe make it so players with higher determination/professionalism are less susceptible, and vice versa?

Just a couple thoughts, and I'll freely admit I know zilch about coding so don't know how hard any of this would be. But you guys have brought the game so far along in 3 versions, so I believe y'all can pull it off!

EDIT: Whoops, definitely should've looked at the new update before posting that. Great job guys!

Last edited by dannibalcorpse; 02-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.
dannibalcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I agree with the farm team management - in real life the General Manager of the big club has major say the hiring of coaches, the prompting to get certain players more ice time, even the style of play that's used in the farm team. Too many good young prospects are sitting on the bench over aging veterans who have no chance to ever play in the NHL. Need more control (or at least an option to take more control of the farm team).
Gauch33 is offline   Reply With Quote