Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
Chomps
Major Leagues

Suggesting improvements to make game better

This game is all about looking at and analyzing data. Making this data easily accessible, easy to understand, and easy to view should be the developers top priority. Adding stuff like Junior Leagues should not be the developers priority at this point. You have to make the game playable and enjoyable for the user first!!

1. Make player data columns sortable (during game, after game, and in team roster window)

2. Include player previous year's data as an option when viewing team stats in Roster > Stats Summary.

3. Make sure each data column has a tool tip. Also looking at the After-Game Summary: for example what is (ES) listed after a player goals? If you don't include this stuff in tool tips, then at least include it in the Game Manual.

4. Include player injuries in the After-Game Summary.

5. Include more options with the Manager email system. Make the individual emails select-able so that they can be deleted. Give player more options to NOT receive emails. I am tired of getting so much crap in my inbox that I don't care about and can't delete. Explain what newsworthiness 1 - 3 means!! Why isn't this in the Manual?

6. Send an email to the manager notifying him of which players will become Free Agents, and alert the manager of upcoming events more clearly. I just had players leave as FA's and wasn't even aware of it until they showed up on another team. Not cool!

7. Add a Notes section for the Manager, where notes can be entered similar to what OOTP Baseball has in their game.

8. Put the sim options (during a game) that were present in FHM2 back into FHM3. Why were these great options removed??? Stupid decision.

9. Make simming a game, period by period more interactive and more enjoyable. Watching text flash by at lightning speed is not fun. (This relates to Number 8 above)

10. Improve the AI Assistant Scouting. I get tons of Scouting emails that have players listed as 0.5d/0.5d. What the hell? These reports are worthless. Additionally, please make the Scouting emails in Table Format, with columns that are sortable. This will make the information presented by the Scouts much more easy to digest and understand.

Thank you.

Last edited by Chomps; 12-23-2016 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added Number 10
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
Azz3
Bat Boy

I agreed with what you've said.

It's a game about analyzing data.

I've played a lot of the Football Manager series and there are a bunch of different ways you can parse data, filter, present, etc. that can influence this game and make it more user friendly.

In addition to what you've noted, it would be helpful if there was a way to do a global search of players. At times I would like to see what the leagues LW (or whatever position) pool looks like and filter for potential trades or international FAs.

Moreover it would be awesome if a GM could easily task preset or user generated searches (i.e., NHL Draft) for scouting. Having to set up the scouts every 4 months is a pain. Also on the topic of scouts, it would be great to get recommendations from your scouts not only during the draft, but also on what potential weaknesses are in your squad and (maybe even) suggest how to address them. In the FM series it will tell you where your squad weaknesses are and you can send your scouts out to search for players based on position and specific stats (min./max).

On the "trade" page it would be interesting to see team needs and offers all on one page in a visual manner. Maybe just a simple bar with 6 slots/bar (one for each position) with all the teams lined up down the page. The slots would light up green for a need and red for offers. Anything would be better than having to scroll through each team to determine who needs what.

Finally, not really data related, but it would be fun to be able to make a request to your owner for a bigger stadium as well as more cash to hire additional personnel.
Azz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Azz3
Bat Boy

I forgot to mention...and I'm sure that it's been mentioned in other posts, but it would be helpful to somehow visually see how players' stats are progressing/regressing during the season.

I've attached a link on how it looks in the FM series. There are 36 stat categories in FM and 28 in FHM so it's not an impossible feat.

...sorry it's in French but it's all i could find. But you can get the idea regardless...

Azz3 is offline   Reply With Quote