Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #1
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Shop Player

One of the Out Of The Park features that I most miss in FHM2 that I would love to see implemented is the "Shop Player Around" option.

There are times, like when you need to make a roster decision at the beginning of the season or when you arrive at the trade deadline and a guy is at the end of his contract and you don't plan on retaining him, it would be nice to be able to shop him around the league and then get a page of the best offers.

It's a great feature in OOTP and it's very useful for when you just want to open up a contract spot, see if you can dump some money, gauge a players value, etc.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:55 AM   #2
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Yes, this is a feature I would put at the top of my wish list. I was very hopeful this feature would be in FHM 2, since OOTP has had it for a few years.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
Yes, this is a feature I would put at the top of my wish list. I was very hopeful this feature would be in FHM 2, since OOTP has had it for a few years.
I was running an expansion team, the Portland Pirates, and prior to the Expansion Draft I had made several offers on free agents, many of them defensemen. They were veterans, who would suit up for my NHL club and also many younger free agents that would stock my farm team.

When the draft started, I selected many veteran blue liners with no intention of every having them play for me or my minor league team. I planned to flip a few of them for late draft picks just to get as many picks as I possibly could for the next years draft.

The process of individually shopping those guys, from team to team, asking for a 5th rounder, waiting for them to say NO WAY! then tweaking it to a sixth, or a seventh was so incredibly tedious. When I finally did find takers, I would accept whatever the trade was out of exhaustion rather then waiting to see if there was a better offer out there.

In real life, a GM emails every team in the league and says PLAYER X is available and then he gets a few offers and picks the best one ... That reality is certainly not duplicated in FHM2.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
tward13
All Star Starter

Did you try putting players on Trade Block? That will usually get some kind of interest from a team or two. Then you can go talk to them.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
tward13
All Star Starter

Not that I don't agree with you. I know some enjoy the team by team haggling. That's not something I love. Anything that can narrow my focus is better for me.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:47 AM   #6
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Did you try putting players on Trade Block? That will usually get some kind of interest from a team or two. Then you can go talk to them.
The flaw to that is that teams make offers and when you counter it with draft choices the teams will say... "I can't afford to take on such salary" even though their previous offer included a low cost player.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote