Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #1
Goldash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Few Minor Suggestions

Great game, FHM team! I'm amazed by the amount of detail already in the game, it was well worth the wait and more.

With that being said I have a few minor ideas for future patches or forthcoming installments:

1. OOTP's "Act As..." option in Commissioner Mode. I realize I've mentioned it in a few posts so far --- this will be the last time. This seems like a minor feature but it makes a lot of difference to users who want total control over an in-game universe. This may also help online commissioners who want to override a troublesome situation.

2. International Competitions. It's a feature I've already requested for OOTP but I understand how hard it must be to code a nationality-based temporary player loaning system. It would be great for future editions, though.

3. Ability to edit a coach's role in Commissioner Mode. Let's say I want to hire legendary goalie coach Jim Corsi as a Head Coach. At this point in FHM 2, I can only hire him as an assistant and can not change his role in the Edit Coach menu. In OOTP and Eastside the user can hire coaches to fill any position. This flexibility would make a ton of difference and allow different coaches to move up the rungs of the coaching ranks as they gain experience.

4. Ability to force any retired player to become a coach. You see a lot of unheralded role players like Dan Bylsma become successful NHL coaches (same for other sports --- Steve Kerr, Derek Fisher, Kevin Cash and Joe Girardi come to mind). This would help with realism as well as allowing commissioners to increase immersion within their own games.

I'll be sure to follow up with this post if I come up with any more ideas. Rest assured that the exclusion of these features don't affect my enjoyment of the game in any way, I'd just think it would make a staggeringly detailed game even better. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Goldash; 09-28-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Goldash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

Here's one from OOTP that saves time.

When I go into a players page, if you right click you go back to where you were. Saves time popping in and out of player on the roster.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

2 thru 4 like.

Clone?
More League Rules like Customize Playoffs? Feed League into another League for Ametur Draft? Manually Vote for Hall of Famers? If all Teams need to have a Player at All-Star Game? If theirs Preseason Games? Wavier Trades? DFA? Trades with other Leagues? Wavier Draft?
In News who has made All-Star Game and Drafted by Team for Game? Who one Skills Competition? Trades at Draft? If ever League Evolution is added Computer making Rules changes and showing up in News? ÑHL Teans contracts with Minkr League Teams.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:26 PM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

all great suggestions. It's been 16 years for OOTP and still no international tournaments. Lucky for us, in hockey it's more ingrained in the culture of the sport so it will be much quicker i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Here's one from OOTP that saves time.

When I go into a players page, if you right click you go back to where you were. Saves time popping in and out of player on the roster.
Wow! I've been playing OOTP for 8 years and I didn't know that! That is a nice little feature.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-29-2015 at 09:28 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
Goldash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Few more ideas I had while attending tonight's Leafs/Sabres preseason game:

Hits and Penalties in Highlights Tab During Simulation: It would be nice to have some info on penalized players alongside shots and goals. Hits would be nice as well. Of course, the option to toggle these on and off would be nice as well, but not entirely necessary.

Professional Tryout Agreements (non-roster/unsigned prospect tryout invites): Something from the EHM side, but one that would fit in really well in trying to emulate real life. I love inviting unsigned prospects and free agents to camp and signing those who contribute. That leads to...

Expanded Pre-Season Roster: I would love to have as many players as I can up on the main roster and slowly cut/demote/release those who struggle in order to form my final roster.

Training Camp Scrimmage Recaps: Another feature from EHM --- this is a really cool "little thing" that helps you decide who to start, cut or bench during preseason games. Splitting your squad up into two or four teams would help immensely.

Prospect Development Camp: A nice way to determine how newly-drafted players fit into your system and a hands-on way to see how "older" prospects improve. Like the scrimmage recaps above, this doesn't have to be an actual game or interactive...maybe a few news updates or scout/coach reports would help.

Custom Scheduling / Open Exhibitions: I'm not sure if this is already in the game. Some NHL teams choose to hold exhibitions with teams from other leagues or skill levels (e.g. American NHL team prospects vs. NCAA teams, Canadian NHL team prospects vs. CIS teams). In some ways, this is unnecessary, but it could function on the level of the custom friendly match scheduling in Football Manager.

Last edited by Goldash; 09-29-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Goldash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I second 2 thru 4. OTTP has Non Roster People.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:37 AM   #7
ZBGuy
Minors (Single A)

Some things I think can be added right away:

1) A better search feature. Right now it's dependent on entering a player's name in, but sometimes I just want to browse through players without searching for anyone specific. We could use a global search with filters like OOTP.

2) A more robust Explore World feature. Right now it just lists how many players and teams a country has. It'd be nice to get more in-depth info (like in OOTP), and down the line perhaps an editor for the countries too.

Thank you
ZBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote