Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #61
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Thought of a couple additions that would be nice as we are using this app for the third time in our league.

1) Some way to delete all FA with no bids on them once the intent period is met. I don't allow first bids after the intent period. If I could just get rid of those players, I wouldn't have to police that at all.

2) On the Bidwatch screen, could we get a column showing how many bids have been placed on each player?
1) I can make it so that after the intent period is passed, free agents that have had no bids made on them at all will simply not show up any more in any listing. This would make the admin's job easier as these players automatically disappear(actually, they remain in the database though). Would that be ok?

2) Easy.

Quote:
BTW, thanks again for the email function. Its working great!
That's good to hear!

I have quite a bit on my plate right now with other projects and deadlines before the holidays, so I can't promise an exact time frame for when I can get these done, but I like these ideas and will definitely add them as soon as I can.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #62
tylertoo
Major Leagues

I'm a new owner in the BBS and taking part in the FA bidding through Fidel's auction app. I have to say its great fun (and a bit nerve-wracking) and far superior to the in-game free agent process, which is subject to the strange whims of the AI. All online leagues should consider this.

Many thanks, Fidel , its a great addition to OOTP.

EDIT: Here's another suggestion: on the Bidwatch screen, can you make the 'hours' column sortable? That way we could quickly see which bids are near becoming final.

Last edited by tylertoo; 12-06-2011 at 10:37 AM.
tylertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #63
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
1) I can make it so that after the intent period is passed, free agents that have had no bids made on them at all will simply not show up any more in any listing. This would make the admin's job easier as these players automatically disappear(actually, they remain in the database though). Would that be ok?

2) Easy.

That's good to hear!

I have quite a bit on my plate right now with other projects and deadlines before the holidays, so I can't promise an exact time frame for when I can get these done, but I like these ideas and will definitely add them as soon as I can.
Wow, thanks!

I thought of something else that might be useful.

Once the intent period is over, a button to 'bow out' on that player might move things along in some cases.

For instance, if only two clubs bid on a player during the intent period and the lower bid has no intention of furthering the auction, he could hit the button to 'bow out' or close the auction. Obviously, this button wouldn't be available to the top bidder.

Not sure of its usefulness. I just thought of it.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 12-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #64
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
I'm a new owner in the BBS and taking part in the FA bidding through Fidel's auction app. I have to say its great fun (and a bit nerve-wracking) and far superior to the in-game free agent process, which is subject to the strange whims of the AI. All online leagues should consider this.

Many thanks, Fidel , its a great addition to OOTP.

EDIT: Here's another suggestion: on the Bidwatch screen, can you make the 'hours' column sortable? That way we could quickly see which bids are near becoming final.
If you hit 'last page' there, you'll see it sorted the opposite way.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #65
tylertoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Actually that sounds like it would be incredibly useful.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #66
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I thought of something else that might be useful.

Once the intent period is over, a button to 'bow out' on that player might move things along in some cases.

For instance, if only two clubs bid on a player during the intent period and the lower bid has no intention of furthering the auction, he could hit the button to 'bow out' or close the auction. Obviously, this button wouldn't be available to the top bidder.

While I agree it would be useful, I am at a loss as to where "bow out" should show up as it can't, by itself, close bidding because too many other variables may still be alive. However, it can be added as a "team bidding status" that the user can add to their latest bid, so when opening a player's "new bid" page, one would see "bowed out" next to any of the previous teams' bids, if they did decide to bow out.

Anyway, on to some good news...

I had some time to myself, finally. I did the following:

1. Added a column which shows the number of bids that have been placed on each free agent in the bidwatch pages.
2. Created field for admins to adjust the minimum amount of money a team must have(or have freed up) in order to be allowed to place a bid on a new free agent. This was previously hard-coded at $300k. If a team does not have this minimum amount of cash available, they will not be able to place a bid.
3. Added a "position" column to the "Signed Free Agents" listing in the admin area. This should help facilitate the the effort of searching for and assigning players after free agency.
4. Without a redesign of the database, I could not find a way to remove free agents, who have had no offers, from the lists after the period of intent passes. However, I was able to create a new entry in the database that triggers a bold, red font warning NOT to knockout, nor place a new bid, that shows up immediately when the intent period has passed.

For now that's it. I should be able to get a new version package and an update package available by the end of the week.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 12-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #67
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

All GREAT stuff, Fidel!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #68
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
...a button to 'bow out' on that player might move things along in some cases.

Added this too.

I should have a the update package ready in the next 24 hours.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #69
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Updated the first post to include the additions and the download links to the update and the full package(now version 1.0.7). For the update, there are three queries that need to be run directly on your faauction database in your phpMyAdmin. The queries are included in a text file so you can just copy and paste them. Be sure to run them one at a time!

Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #70
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Nice job, Fidel. Happy to be able to contribute in some way.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #71
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice job, Fidel. Happy to be able to contribute in some way.
Your feedback has been invaluable. I appreciate it greatly!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #72
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Wanted to thank you again, Fidel. This app is invaluable to me in the BBS and once we reach the offseason in MoneyBall, it'll be used in that as well! I've probably stretched it beyond what you intended it to be used for and, in the process, caused you grief.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #73
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Fidel, I updated and we just started bidding. Number of bids on each player is screwy. Running in the hundreds already with just one or two bids on the guy.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #74
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fidel, I updated and we just started bidding. Number of bids on each player is screwy. Running in the hundreds already with just one or two bids on the guy.
Yeah. We just had free agency and noticed that too.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #75
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I just thought of a possible new feature.

How about if owners could 'report' a bid that should be invalidated? Possibly throw these to a list on the admin page.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #76
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just thought of a possible new feature.

How about if owners could 'report' a bid that should be invalidated? Possibly throw these to a list on the admin page.
That can be done.

I'm on vacation right now with my family so I won't have time to do anything for a while but I'll take a look at things after I get back and as soon as I can get a chunk of time alone at my pc.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #77
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Ok. I finally had time to look over my code and found that I really cannot get a total number of bids per player to show on the bidwatch listings. This is because the query that creates that list doesn't keep the entire lot of bids for all players, thus I can't get a bid count for each player there. In the next version, I just removed that column. Sorry about that!

The good news is that I've added a feature that allows anyone to report a potentially invalid bid to the admins, along with a reason(up to 80 characters). ALL admins will receive an email notification each time a report is made. There is a listing of reported bids, along with their status, added to the admin control panel that updates immediately when a report is made. From this list, the admin can quickly edit the bid and its status, as well as change the status of the report from "Pending" to "Resolved".

Give me a bit of time as I have to compile an update package. I'll post when it's ready for download.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #78
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Opening post has been updated with the latest info and updates.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #79
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Fixed a couple of bugs with that had to do with sorting by player name and reporting bids not getting linked correctly when admins tried to go and review the bid. Those are working now. Also added an extra field to the reporting bids feature that tells the admin exactly who reported the bid. We had one reported bid entry that said "I tried to knock off the bid three times..." but without knowing who that was trying to knock out the bid, an investigation was not so easy to do. Also formatted the report bid page so it shows the dollar sign and commas for the amount of the bid. Before it showed as just a straight number. Two other small bugs were fixed as well.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #80
pbar25
Major Leagues

great work as always Fidel