Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-18-2020, 03:23 AM   #1
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Automatically adjust for minor leagues

I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer. I have a league I started up with OOTP 2020, current MLB settings, everything default and automatically adjust for MLB is selected but its not for the minor leagues. Should I select auto adjust for minors? Are there any reasons not to?

Also I had set the historical year to 2009 and the last year, and into this year, I have noticed strikeout rates are way down. There are like 3 pitchers, across both leagues, with a K rate over 9.0. Is it possible to adjust this mid season or should I just ride it out? Would changing the historical year back to 2018 start to fix this?
Old 02-18-2020, 10:26 AM   #2
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Are you talking about auto-adjusting auto calc for league total modifiers? If yes than you should be doing this for all of your leagues, there is no reason to not auto calc your minors IMHO. Like MLB it makes sure your stats stay in line.

I don't use auto adjust but instead manually run autocalc just before each new season. I do this for all leagues, MBL down to my feeder leagues. It's the only way, in my mind, that I can trust the stats as a way, along with scouts, to evaluate players. If I didn't adjust and instead let stats drift in these lower leagues how would I value a stat from this year vs a stat from a year or two ago?

My 2 cents, for what it's worth
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

One reason I wasn't sure is that one league I have that's 4 years in and has it set to auto adjust league total modifiers for accuracy has a minor league with a line .327/.404 and I thought that was a bit off. No other level in any other league, default or otherwise, has a line like that. I wasn't sure if setting it for minor leagues may have made things a bit wonky.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:20 PM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I have no idea what stats OOTP uses as default for minors as far as League Totals. I made my own years ago using real minor league stats at the time, easy enough to do.

That .327 does sound off. My minors are in the .260's other than .271 at AAA being the highest. Not sure how close this is to real life now but am happy it gives me a normal base to work from.

Sounds like the league totals (target numbers) are off in that one particular league. I'd look up real life numbers, if I were you, from that level and simply change them in the next off-season (or you could do it anytime if you're not picky). Auto calc will only help the league generate those League Totals, not change them.

I've never used the auto adjust because I just feel more comfortable doing in manually. Doing it this way means I can look at stat output from the year before and, if something looks amiss, I can figure it out before my new season starts and I'm locked out of changing LTMs until the next opening day.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:24 PM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I haven't kept up with how minor leagues are in real life these days but the Pacific League used to be known as a "high offense" league so those numbers might not be too out of whack for that specific AAA minor league. Although .327 still seems high even for the "hitter's paradise" that the Pacific League was always known for.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:55 AM   #6
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

The modifier for K's was .655 when it should have been 1.049, which is the default. I started a new league and used those settings in the league I am playing out. Hopefully it doesn't mess anything up too bad.

Not sure what happened.