Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Conversion

As I posted in another thread, I had version 2.5 of this game and want to either reinstall it or upgrade. But another possible issue has occurred to me: if I do end up upgrading, I have close to 800 fighters that I've downloaded from discussions on the OOTP forums. How do I convert them to the new version of the game? Or will I have to download and install them all over again?
StarkFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:45 PM   #2
pilight
All Star Starter

TB2013 can convert TB 2.5 universes. That's one of the few things it does well. If/when the next version comes out, PISD has promised it will be able to as well.
pilight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

One of the few - so I guess you don't like it?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #4
pilight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkFist View Post
One of the few - so I guess you don't like it?
TB2013 is very buggy
Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Okay, so how does it do it? And I had a problem getting into 2.5 toward the end. I guess a file got corrupted or something, but whatever the reason, it wouldn't open and load the boxing universe I had going. So what I might end up having to go is convert the fighters over, but set them in a new, from scratch, universe. How would I go about that, if necessary?
Old 09-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #6
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

if it is corrupt only thing you can do is start over and if those 800 is not with the game (meaning you downloaded them) then yes you have to re download them into the game sorry. That is why everyone recommends a good back up and stored somewhere else. Me personally I have well over 23,000 REAL fighters. You can find them in the fighters section in this board.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #7
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Mods section I meant
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #8
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Well I have all those fighters on a flash drive, just finished recovering them from my old computer. Being that I have the files for them, there should be a way to install them in the new game without going back to the threads I downloaded them from and starting all over, shouldn't there?
Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
pilight
All Star Starter

TB2013 converts without you having to open 2.5. As long as the files in the save game aren't corrupted, you should be able to convert it.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #10
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Well I'm not transferring a game from 2.5. The game decided not to load the last few months I was on my old computer, which led me to assume that there was a corrupted file in the somewhere, though that was just an assumption on my part.

So what I did was back up all the fighters I'd downloaded off discussions on this board in a file folder that's sitting on my desktop. What I'd like to be able to do is install them each in the new version of the game, that I downloaded and installed after upgrading to my new computer, all at once. But I suppose that's probably not possible. So how do I install them, one by one if necessary, in v2013?
Old 09-27-2018, 10:13 PM   #11
StarkFist
Minors (Double A)

Okay what I'm not getting is how do I take fighters that I downloaded and installed when I was using 2.5 and install them in the new version of the game? I've moused and clicked all over the screen with the game open and nothing seems to do it. I'm sure it's probably something obvious that I'm overlooking, and I'm going to be embarrassed that I didn't figure it out on my own, but I'm coming up empty. So if anyone can explain it to me, I'll be very grateful.