Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
Amish_guy_in_mn
Bat Boy

Please help. Moved the software-now can't access league files

I bought OOTP baseball '18 back in November, and this week, I had to move it to my other laptop. I see the zipped "saved games" folder. Do I unzip that to get at the league files I saved? I have tried copying and pasting over from the other laptop on a thumb drive as well, but those aren't recognized by either the load game or restore backup screens.

Thanks for any help and advice...I have a Cubs Franchise going and really would like to not lose all the work I've put into it!
Amish_guy_in_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

1) PC or Mac?
2) When you moved files on the zip where did you copy them from on the old CPU?
3) Where did you paste them on the new CPU?
4) Where is the zip file? Where did you get it?
You can do what you are trying to.
On a PC
The default install for OOTP is C:/"user"/Documents/OOTP/OOTP18/saved games.
In that folder you should have you league folders that end in a .lg. This is where the game looks to load league files.
You want to move your .lg folders from this location on your old cpu to this location on the new one.

Good luck,
Tom (LP)
Old 01-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
Amish_guy_in_mn
Bat Boy

1) PC or Mac?-PC
2) When you moved files on the zip where did you copy them from on the old CPU?-Moved the entire Folder from the downloads folder
3) Where did you paste them on the new CPU?-the desktop
4) Where is the zip file? Where did you get it?-A whole bunch of the folders appeared as zipped on the new laptop
On a PC
In that folder you should have you league folders that end in a .lg. This is where the game looks to load league files.
You want to move your .lg folders from this location on your old cpu to this location on the new one.
-No league files appear there that the software recognizes-even in the unzipped folder when I try the "restore backup" option

I should add, however...that when I try the "restore backup" option...I can see the .lg files...I simply cannot choose them because they are shadowed/not choosable

Last edited by Amish_guy_in_mn; 01-11-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

don't know if it matters - but did you unlicense and/or re-license on new computer? did you you an install of the game on the new computer or just copied/moved files?

if you need help on back-up and restore, RchW wrote a brilliant piece, with photos, on how to do that. Here's a link - i know i had trouble with restoring at first because i didn't know what to type on one line. This little tutorial made it easier for me. (oh and disregard the first 4 posts .... the info you can use stars on post #5)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...97#post4084018
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 01-11-2018 at 09:17 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish_guy_in_mn View Post
1) PC or Mac?-PC
2) When you moved files on the zip where did you copy them from on the old CPU?-Moved the entire Folder from the downloads folder
3) Where did you paste them on the new CPU?-the desktop
4) Where is the zip file? Where did you get it?-A whole bunch of the folders appeared as zipped on the new laptop
On a PC
-No league files appear there that the software recognizes-even in the unzipped folder when I try the "restore backup" option

I should add, however...that when I try the "restore backup" option...I can see the .lg files...I simply cannot choose them because they are shadowed/not choosable
Did you try to copy or move your OOTP game from one computer to another or did you download a new copy of OOTP to the new computer?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Either way, all one has to do is copy the saved game folder from the old location to the new location. Best way is to use 7Zip to zip up the entire folder

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #7
Amish_guy_in_mn
Bat Boy

I copied the entire folder of OOTP and then put the code in to license it on the new computer
Old 01-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I copied the entire folder of OOTP and then put the code in to license it on the new computer
That's not likely to work. Always best to fresh install, licence, then establish where saved games will be. Then and only then, copy your saved games over. This supersedes my previous post.

FWIW

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #9
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do not delete what you move. Put it in a folder on your desktop.
Download in install a new version of OOTP to your new computer. You get to use your license for 2 devices.
Get the new OOTP running.
The zip files you move over. Have you unzipped them? If so, did the file structure remain. In the OOTP folder there should be a bunch of files and folders. You want saved games. Can you find it in the old OOTP files you moved?