Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-31-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

World of College Baseball 2017 Quickstart

Hello All!

After a bit of a hiatus from baseball, I'm back with a few projects, the first of which is my take on the collegiate baseball experience.

Ever since playing MVP 07: NCAA Baseball years ago on PS2 and the current CWS is about to start, I wanted to experiment with college mechanics in OOTP.

I'm fully aware of the limitations of the game engine vs reality, and I'll explain my logic and reasoning in a moment on a few things.

WOCB2017 BETA 6.0 is the only functional "daisy-chain" collegiate universe featuring an extensive collegiate playing experience.

The rundown:

Since recruiting players cannot be realistically emulated in the game at the moment, I took a two-fold approach: created the college leagues as independents and have players flow into the MLB draft pool. With version 6.0, the mechanics have been completely overhauled so this actually works very well now.

Secondly, free agency should trigger player movement from college ranks to professional ranks via enforcement of age rules limits. This isn't great but does work.

I have all college leagues set up with amateur drafts to simulate a recruiting class; in order to maintain "organic" HS recruits for NCAA-DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, and CCCAA; I suggest deleting all "college players" from each leagues draft pool, so the only players drafted from them are high school players.

JuCo players are eligible for FA after one year vs NCAA / NAIA players at three years.

Performance is solid; my machine can handle the Expanded version with 5 seasons simulated pretty well, as long as the number of free agents is regularly purged.

This is the closest mechanical universe I could think of when adapted for college baseball in OOTP. I hope you enjoy and please let me know of any issues.

This was created using OOTP build v72.

Credits include MUFC, cephasjames, reds1, No Pepper, Robo, eriqjaffe, txranger, and many others!

NOTE: since FA is used as primary catalyst for player movement in college, please expect a lot of players to sign 1-year deals and move around. Not realistic but best option available at moment.

UPDATE: I've added a download link to version 2.2; this version is built completely from scratch, only features NCAA-D I-II-III but also completely updated stadiums and graphics. The NCAA D-I features the top 12 conferences by RPI (rating performance index) per D-1baseball.com In addition to that, I've included a couple Japanese amateur feeders, for those that like to play in Japan.

12/19/17
UPDATE 2: I've added two new download links for final version version 6.0; this version is also built completely from scratch, features NCAA-D I-II-III, NAIA, NCJAA, CCCAA with mostly updated stadiums and graphics. The NCAA D-I features the top 12 conferences by RPI (rating performance index) per D-1baseball.com.

The difference between the Lite version and Expanded is the lite version includes 3 HS feeder leagues that directly feed into NCAA-DI whereas the Expanded version features 50 state association leagues that feed NCAA-I. The expanded version of WOCB2017 6.0 is totally inspired by Bristolduke's awesome "American Feeder System" quickstart from previous versions.

The default draft pool must be "cleaned" the next 3 seasons of default real draft players, otherwise you run the risk of no indie college players being selected in the drafts. I've already performed these steps for 2017, but for 18, 19, and 2020, if you want the daisy-chain player movement and draft outputs, you need to do the following:

1. Initiate MLB pre-season so it start's on 1/2/18 via the league events options
2. Schedule the MLB draft pool reveal date to be 1/3/18 via league events options
3. Before simulating to next day, you must manually prevent the existing indie college leagues from feeding MLB (via MLB League Settings > Rules > Feeding Into Draft Pool Of Another League needs to switched from 'Major League Baseball' to NONE). You need to do this for each independent college league (ie. .NCAA-DI, DII, etc.). Ensure none of the indie leagues are feeding the MLB draft pool before simulating.
4. Simulate the next day, open up the MLB draft pool, select all players, and delete. Schedule the draft pool reveal date for 1/4/18, the next day.
5. Before simulating to next day, you must manually enable the existing indie college leagues so they feed MLB (via MLB League Settings > Rules > Feeding Into Draft Pool Of Another League needs to switched from 'NONE' to 'Major League Baseball'. You need to do this for each independent college league (ie. .NCAA-DI, DII, etc.). Ensure all of the indie leagues are feeding the MLB draft pool before simulating. HINT - since the game has multiple ghost leagues named Major League Baseball, name the active game one something unique (i.e. Major League Baseball LSD) so you can easily distinguish between the correct MLB and the ghost MLB's.
6. Upon simulating to next day, check the MLB draft pool and verify all players are "organic" college players from the feeders league.

You shouldn't have to do this process after the 2020 season. You shouldn't have to do this process if you don't care about the draft pool players for first few years.

Lastly, below is the process for maintenance of the universe so that it's functional for 10+ years:
Process for Maintaining Player Control:
1. On June 10th, navigate to MLB free agents, filter by age (between ages 19-22 & atleast age 23, and potential rating below 21 filter settings)
and retire all of these players. You want the MLB to have around 1k free agents, and NCAA-DI with 100-200. Since foreigners aren't allowed in
any of the college leagues, most of the free agents aren't applicable anyway.
2. On November 8th, delete all fictional "college players" generated for the NCAA-DII, DIII, NAIA, NJCAA, CCCAA draft pools, leaving only HS
draft candidates for those leagues; for the NCAA-DI draft pool, filter it by age using filter atleast age 20, and retire those players so they're
not drafted. The game has a tendency to return feeder league players never drafted back to original teams, even when the player is way beyond the
age limits set for the feeder league. Only way to get rid of them is to find them in the draft pool, and retire or delete.
3. On Jan 1st of following year, navigate to MLB free agents, filter by age (between ages 19-22 & atleast age 23, and potential rating below 21 filter settings)
and retire all of these players. This process needs to happen every year, otherwise the universe will become unruly and bloated and non-operational.

Version BETA 1.0 (old)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3x7xp...ETA_1.0_QS.zip

Version BETA 2.2 (old)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wo481b...ETA_2.2_QS.zip

Version 6.0 - Lite Version (670MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jyqenb...6.0_-_Lite.zip

Version 6.0 - Expanded Version (1.1 GB)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3yr6rk...-_Expanded.zip

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 12-19-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Hello All!

After a bit of a hiatus from baseball, I'm back with a few projects, the first of which is my take on the collegiate baseball experience.

Ever since playing MVP 07: NCAA Baseball years ago on PS2 and the current CWS is about to start, I wanted to experiment with college mechanics in OOTP.

I'm fully aware of the limitations of the game engine vs reality, and I'll explain my logic and reasoning in a moment on a few things.

In addition to the standard MLB, international, and independent leagues (all fictional), I've included a host of summer collegiate leagues for the college ranks. Below is a list of leagues included:

NCAA-DI
NCAA-DII
NCAA-DIII
NAIA
CCCAA
NJCAA-DI
NJCAA-DII
NJCAA-DIII

The rundown:

Since recruiting players cannot be realistically emulated in the game at the moment, I took a two-fold approach: created the college leagues as independents and have players flow into the MLB draft pool. This honestly is exceptionally experimental and doesn't appear to work.

Secondly, free agency should trigger player movement from college ranks to professional ranks via enforcement of age rules limits. This isn't great but more effective than above. Unfortunately, looks like creating daisy-chain independent feeders still isn't functional.

I have all college leagues set up with amateur drafts to simulate a recruiting class; NCAA divisions and the NAIA require draft pick negotiations whereas JuCo's don't. I have fictional draft classes checked because no players were being generated for the MLB draft pool with that option unchecked.

JuCo players are eligible for FA after one year vs NCAA / NAIA players at two years.

Performance is solid; I have an ancient machine and it takes about 1.5 hours to simulate one year.

This is the closest mechanical universe I could think of when adapted for college baseball in OOTP. I hope you enjoy and please let me know of any issues.

This was created using OOTP build v54.

Credits include MUFC, cephasjames, reds1, No Pepper, Robo, eriqjaffe, txranger, and many others!

NOTE: since FA is used as primary catalyst for player movement in college, please expect a lot of players to sign 1-year deals and move around. Not realistic but best option available at moment.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3x7xp...ETA_1.0_QS.zip

Good work Dr. Park! Looking forward to downloading this when I get home from work. Btw- are the MLB rosters in this universe fictional as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Good work Dr. Park! Looking forward to downloading this when I get home from work. Btw- are the MLB rosters in this universe fictional as well?

Hey Ashante, thanks! Unfortunately all rosters are fictional; I had to sacrifice MLB history and goodies for performance, otherwise the whole universe would gum up in June of the first year and never really recover.

You could grab my universe, manually delete players / personnel from leagues you want to delete and customize to your wishes as a template; just know that it won't work as a natural feeder system natively.

I did quite a bit of research on the threads and personally regarding the independent feeders but they still don't work as designed. Reached out to a few on the boards for advise but no luck...
Old 05-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Ashante, thanks! Unfortunately all rosters are fictional; I had to sacrifice MLB history and goodies for performance, otherwise the whole universe would gum up in June of the first year and never really recover.

You could grab my universe, manually delete players / personnel from leagues you want to delete and customize to your wishes as a template; just know that it won't work as a natural feeder system natively.

I did quite a bit of research on the threads and personally regarding the independent feeders but they still don't work as designed. Reached out to a few on the boards for advise but no luck...

I'm actually creating a similar universe myself with NCAA teams, using real MLB rosters. I'm also adding HS teams as well.

I'm creating my HS-NCAA universe from scratch to feed into MLB seamlessly.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
I'm actually creating a similar universe myself with NCAA teams, using real MLB rosters. I'm also adding HS teams as well.

I'm creating my HS-NCAA universe from scratch to feed into MLB seamlessly.
Sounds like something I'd love to test drive!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:48 PM   #6
T27
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for all your hard work on it really look forward to playing it but the Miami Hurricanes are missing.
T27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:06 PM   #7
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by T27 View Post
Thanks for all your hard work on it really look forward to playing it but the Miami Hurricanes are missing.
I forgot to mention that the divisions / conferences are truncated across the board for all colleges, mostly for performance. Unfortunately it looks like whatever conference Miami belongs to was cut.

The conferences are slightly out of alignment due to personal preference.

Quickest thing would be to add them to an existing conference, fill with fictional players, and generate a new schedule.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
T27
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you I figured that now to figure out how to get the logo in
T27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I'm fairly close to releasing a drastically updated version of this, built from scratch.

It will only feature NCAA (as opposed to JuCo and NAIA and features truncated versions of all three divisions) however DI has been completely rebuilt to feature the top 12 conferences by RPI (rating percentage index) and includes accurate demographic and stadium information.

Also, some of the back-end mechanics have been tweaked so that player movement is much better. By setting all independent college leagues to have league reputation of 0 results in most realistic player movement. Since stadiums are updated across the board for all colleges included and the visitors are set to not receive any gate receipts, this serves as a mechanism for balance of power somewhat.

I'm still running a long-term simulation and adjusting a few things but this should be ready soon.

Also includes a rebuilt National Baseball Congress "summer league" where all NCAA teams send players during the summer. All with pretty accurate demographic and stadium info and graphics.

EDIT - I'm going to add a few screenshots as I test, below is the first: 2019 NCAA-DI play offs and the 2018 Golden Spikes winner, didn't have such a great 2nd year but was drafted.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 06-10-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #10
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I've updated the first post with a download link to version 2.2 with notes.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #11
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Park!

BTW- Still working on my NCAA feeder.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #12
Insomniac
Major Leagues

Somehow I missed this when you originally posted. As I watch the CWS, I have been trying to set up a college-like environment, but am so far unhappy with some of the limitations and results. I am going to give v2.2 a shot and see what we get. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #13
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I think you'll enjoy it! Below is a screenshot of my games latest CWS bracket
Attached Images
Old 06-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #14
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

I downloaded version 2.2 today. Am I assuming this quickstart needs to be put in to ootp 17 first before I move it to 18?
I've been downloading Robo's unis and found your message to this universe. Looks pretty cool!
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #15
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

I downloaded version 2.2 today. Am I assuming this quickstart needs to be put in to ootp 17 first before I move it to 18?
I've been downloading Robo's unis and found your message to this universe. Looks pretty cool!
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #16
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Put the.quick directory within the "...\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 18\quickstart_games (or wherever your OOTP Docs are stored) and load up via OOTP 18's "Start New Quickstart" option, that should do the tricky.

If that gives you difficulty, you could copy / paste the DAT files from the quickstart directory into an empty .LG directory, load the game and have it create the file structure, and manually move the images over as well. But that's a drag.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 06-21-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #17
kjahnke
Bat Boy

how to install this mod?

I'm very new to the game and this mod seems really cool but I don't know how to install this mod and was wondering if you could tell me how to do it. Thanks!

Btw im on a PC
kjahnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #18
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

1.) Download the file
2.) Unzip the file
3.) Put the.quick directory here:"...\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 18\quickstart_games (or wherever your OOTP Docs are stored)
4.) Load up via OOTP 18's "Start New Quickstart" option
Old 11-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #19
JustinQuan
Bat Boy

Quote:
1.) Download the file
2.) Unzip the file
3.) Put the.quick directory here:"...\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 18\quickstart_games (or wherever your OOTP Docs are stored)
4.) Load up via OOTP 18's "Start New Quickstart" option
it crashes when I open it?

Last edited by JustinQuan; 11-07-2017 at 08:44 PM.
JustinQuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #20
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Top Post Has Updated Download Links

12/19/17
UPDATE 2: I've added two new download links for final version version 6.0; this version is also built completely from scratch, features NCAA-D I-II-III, NAIA, NCJAA, CCCAA with mostly updated stadiums and graphics. The NCAA D-I features the top 12 conferences by RPI (rating performance index) per D-1baseball.com.

The difference between the Lite version and Expanded is the lite version includes 3 HS feeder leagues that directly feed into NCAA-DI whereas the Expanded version features 50 state association leagues that feed NCAA-I. The expanded version of WOCB2017 6.0 is totally inspired by Bristolduke's awesome "American Feeder System" quickstart from previous versions.