Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Computer drops players after all trade, cpu or human

I thought this was just a problem with my trades but I just looked at the log and after EVERY computer trade, the players involved were dropped!

something is seriously wrong here!

Here is an example of what always happens

Thursday, October 25th, 1934

New York Yankees: Released CF James Bell.
Boston Revolution: Released SP Jimmy Lindner.
Providence Cougars: Released 1B Miguel Hernández.
Chicago Cubs: Released C Edward Damascus.
Ontario Owls: Released CL Ken Sweeny.
Ontario Owls: Released SP Martial L'Écuyer.
Ontario Owls: Released C Chris Sheperd.
Ontario Owls: Released 2B Rogers Hornsby.
Detroit Wolves: Recalled 1B Edgardo Cossa from Double A Fort Wayne.
Detroit Wolves: SS Sterling French was placed on the 40-man roster.
Boston Revolution: Recalled LF Rino Finiguerra from Double A Manchester.
Boston Revolution: C Jordan Brown was placed on the 40-man roster.

Wednesday, October 24th, 1934

The Detroit Wolves traded 28-year-old first baseman Miguel Hernández to the Providence Cougars, getting 21-year-old minor league center fielder Vic Kirkman and 21-year-old minor league reliever Manny Fernández in return.
The Boston Revolution traded 31-year-old center fielder James Bell to the New York Yankees, getting 25-year-old starting pitcher Jimmy Lindner and 20-year-old minor league reliever Cullen Tummon in return.
The Chicago Cubs traded 30-year-old reliever Ken Sweeny, 31-year-old starting pitcher Martial L'Écuyer, 27-year-old catcher Chris Sheperd, 38-year-old second baseman Rogers Hornsby and $50,000 in cash to the Ontario Owls, getting 20-year-old catcher Edward Damascus in return.

Last edited by Aumakua; 03-29-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:32 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There's almost certainly something going on with your league settings or team settings that are causing these issues. If you could send over your league files, we can investigate. I would double check that you don't accidentally have either the "prevent AI moves" flags set for teams, or don't have something set where the teams' roster moves are set to be done by the human manager, but trades done by the AI.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's almost certainly something going on with your league settings or team settings that are causing these issues. If you could send over your league files, we can investigate. I would double check that you don't accidentally have either the "prevent AI moves" flags set for teams, or don't have something set where the teams' roster moves are set to be done by the human manager, but trades done by the AI.
send over league files? probably a post someone explaining that, I will search for it.

So this morning I reloaded my OOTP 16 league, made a few trades and simmed a few days, everything worked perfectly, no players were dropped.

I imported that league to OOTP17 demo again, can't test it there since its the demo...

Then imported the league from OOTP17 to OOTP18, thinking maybe something went wrong the last import. Same thing, made the same trades and the computer dropped the players.

So something is happening between OOTP16 and OOTP18 that is screwing everything up. Its not roster size, I am only controlling one team (and don't control roster moves, just trades). all computer trades the ML players are always dropped but sometimes guys are put on the minor league rosters.

Also I am in the 1930s so using the rules from back then (no free agency). I have looked at all the settings and they are the same as I had in OOTP16, not sure why there are no problems in that version but are in OOTP18. I have poured literally dozens of hours into that league and don't want to lose it, really don't want to restart in 1900 again and have to set everything up.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
send over league files? probably a post someone explaining that, I will search for it.
There's a link in my signature explaining how to do it!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
There's a link in my signature explaining how to do it!
okay, I uploaded it to the ftp site, its called "World Baseball League"
I tried opening a ticket but got an error message when I did so.

please let me know if the OOTP16 file is needed as I can upload that as well (not sure if there is any difference, but that file only has data from the OOTP 16 playing time).
Old 04-01-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
Aumakua
Major Leagues

I can confirm only ML players get dropped. Minor League players are put onto the new teams after a trade, all ML players are dropped by the computer.
I checked settings and everything looks to be in order, computer can make roster moves and such, I have no control over them.

On the day the players are traded if I go into the teams rosters and transactions screen and go under available action, then select "ask AI to set up complete organization, lineups, etc..." it will move the player(s) from "designated for assignment" onto the the 40 man roster!
If I do not do that the player will just be released, again this is only for players at the ML level, for some reason minor league players are handled okay.

So something is happening where the computer is not moving the players off the designated for assignment slot or they are just releasing them instead of putting them on the roster, these are all AI controlled teams, no boxes checked preventing them from making moves...

Last edited by Aumakua; 04-01-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #7
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Still no fix for this?

I tried adding a minor league (my league got to that point in my planned evolution) and the problem still exists.

Computer just won't keep ML players on the roster the day after they trade for them. Makes no sense, computer teams are all AI controlled, 100% sure of that.

really don't want to have to restart my game after 40 years of simming/history (can't even compute the hours put into it). Makes me not want to upgrade to future versions with the risk of them killing my franchise games.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aumakua View Post
Still no fix for this?

I tried adding a minor league (my league got to that point in my planned evolution) and the problem still exists.

Computer just won't keep ML players on the roster the day after they trade for them. Makes no sense, computer teams are all AI controlled, 100% sure of that.

really don't want to have to restart my game after 40 years of simming/history (can't even compute the hours put into it). Makes me not want to upgrade to future versions with the risk of them killing my franchise games.
I'll try to take a look at the league soon. This has to be somehow settings related though to something you've changed in your specific league, as we're not getting any other reports of this happening.

What settings have you changed from the defaults?

Also, what version of the game are you running?

Old 04-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, so this is happening for me as well when I load your league and sim with it.

Now to figure out why it's happening!

Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, I think I found the issue!

It looks like the DFA period length box was somehow set to a 'NULL' value. At least the box was blank. Once I reset it to 10 days, the problem went away with future trades.

So the actual problem seems to be that somehow during the process from OOTP16 to OOTP18, the DFA box was incorrectly left blank by the game.

So to fix this going forward, just set the DFA box to actually have a value and you should be good.

We'll take a look at why the box got set the way it did, that shouldn't have happened!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-14-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #11
Aumakua
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Ok, I think I found the issue!

It looks like the DFA period length box was somehow set to a 'NULL' value. At least the box was blank. Once I reset it to 10 days, the problem went away with future trades.

So the actual seems to be that somehow during the process from OOTP16 to OOTP18, the DFA box was incorrectly left blank by the game.

So to fix this going forward, just set the DFA box to actually have a value and you should be good.

We'll take a look at why the box got set the way it did, that shouldn't have happened!
awesome, thanks so much for figuring this out. I checked my OOTP16 version since I still have it on my computer and there was a value, so you are right, somewhere from 16 to 17 to 18 it got deleted.