Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #21
mets
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just wondering if you have any update to this project using the davenport Translator
mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #22
sprague
All Star Starter

I did something like this last year. Used Davenport translation for around 200 star players.
I too took career, modified slightly hitters in old days to have a few more home runs and be sure Ruth was a 65 hr beast.
Pitchers had to be upgraded a lot as clay still seems to rate them at 2001 so still low strikeouts higher era.

I took career and gave a boost based on length of career.
If you want any help msg here or by pm.
Cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #23
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Does anyone here realize translating davenports is built into the Custom game?

I think it is on the second or third page of the setup near the top. Choose the year you wish to translate to.

So you can play 1927 teams and players translated to 1968 for instance. Or vice-versa. Any year translated to any other year including itself (which would be silly).
Old 04-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #24
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post

I think it is on the second or third page of the setup near the top. Choose the year you wish to translate to.

So you can play 1927 teams and players translated to 1968 for instance. Or vice-versa. Any year translated to any other year including itself (which would be silly).

Smack me if this a dumb question, but can individual players be imported from whenever and then translated into say 2015 stats? Ex. 1909 Cobb to a 2015 Cobb.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #25
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
Smack me if this a dumb question, but can individual players be imported from whenever and then translated into say 2015 stats? Ex. 1909 Cobb to a 2015 Cobb.

Cheers!

You can already do that by setting your LTMs the day before Opening Day to 2015 settings using the auto-calc feature in Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI > League Totals. In the box that says "Totals from year" simply select 2015 the day before Opening Day and you'll get a 2015 style run scoring environment across your league, which is kinda like teleporting 1909 Cobb (or whichever Cobb you wish) into 2015.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #26
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
You can already do that by setting your LTMs the day before Opening Day to 2015 settings using the auto-calc feature in Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Stats & AI > League Totals. In the box that says "Totals from year" simply select 2015 the day before Opening Day and you'll get a 2015 style run scoring environment across your league, which is kinda like teleporting 1909 Cobb (or whichever Cobb you wish) into 2015.

Do the adjustments show in the editor if one wants to let the player development run without later recalculation? So would Cobb show more homeruns in the editor than what he hit in 1909?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #27
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do the adjustments show in the editor if one wants to let the player development run without later recalculation? So would Cobb show more homeruns in the editor than what he hit in 1909?

Thanks!

Can't answer your question specifically about Cobb because I've never seen him in one of my games. I play historical random debuts with 3 year, double weighted recalc plus the player development system on at default settings for those that have run out of stats to recalc.

Here are Home Run Baker and Shoeless Joe Jackson's stats so far in a historical random debut that uses 1984 for LTMs and strategy settings. 2015 is a more homerific home run environment than 1984, but the run scoring environment is almost identical. As you can see, both of them hit more HR in my game than they did IRL when teleported to 1984.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #28
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Can't answer your question specifically about Cobb because I've never seen him in one of my games. I play historical random debuts with 3 year, double weighted recalc plus the player development system on at default settings for those that have run out of stats to recalc.

Here are Home Run Baker and Shoeless Joe Jackson's stats so far in a historical random debut that uses 1984 for LTMs and strategy settings. 2015 is a more homerific home run environment than 1984, but the run scoring environment is almost identical. As you can see, both of them hit more HR in my game than they did IRL when teleported to 1984.

I see. Good to know this is what happens when played that way. I worry about turning recalc off and not seeing the power translate like you have gotten.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #29
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see. Good to know this is what happens when played that way. I worry about turning recalc off and not seeing the power translate like you have gotten.

I use both recalc and development, so I have no idea what that would look like.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #30
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It solves problem with like using 1994 League and wanting to use 2017 one in it so you won't have guys saying out for the year like Lindor and so on.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #31
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post

I have looked through the basic setup of historical leagues and see nothing like this. There is the option to set finances and strategy to a particular year...but it won't change the player relative ratings. Frank Baker in 1912 will come up as Frank Baker 1912...you have to adjust the game through the LTM.
Unless there is somewhere I can't see. If so please pass that along...
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Game Settings
League Settings
Stats and AI
Second on top left