Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 02:22 AM   #1
J W
Minors (Single A)

money back?

I purchased OOTP 16 a few days ago and I want to know if I can get my money back?
Old 06-21-2015, 02:56 AM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Probably better to sent a private message to one of the mods or OOTP team
Members than to put it out there.

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 06-21-2015 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
towerbooks3192
Minors (Single A)

If it was through steam then they offer refunds now but if it is through the devs then I reckon it would be best to contact them.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #4
bigmonk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
Probably better to sent a private message to one of the mods or OOTP team
Members than to put it out there.
Why? That sounds like a legitimate question to me.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #5
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

Maybe it was to difficult for him to understand, maybe his computer is to slow and the game is to big for it or he thought it was a soccer game.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by J W View Post
I purchased OOTP 16 a few days ago and I want to know if I can get my money back?
Send Brad a PM or email and he'll help you out.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmonk View Post
maybe he just doesn't like the color. he asked for specific help. he is not looking for a philosophical discussion of the pro's and con's of this game.

in general, you will have a very hard time returning software.

if you do not get a refund, contest the purchase with your credit card company. again, good luck and don't be too upset if you are unsuccessful. some retailers will force you to take legal action.

it is not illegal to accept returns of software under normal circumstances. it does not violate copyright law ( http://grep.law.harvard.edu/articles.../1034215.shtml ).

more info (likely better than mine): http://www.badsoftware.com/chapter1.htm

from 2009: http://www.resourcesforlife.com/docs/item1290

Last edited by NoOne; 06-21-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:51 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmonk View Post
Because he can ask for a refund without the "look at me" post. I find it distasteful. Obtaining a refund does not require a post in a public forum. It takes about 90 seconds of research to know your options. If you can't do that then don't order.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #9
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Because he can ask for a refund without the "look at me" post. I find it distasteful. Obtaining a refund does not require a post in a public forum. It takes about 90 seconds of research to know your options. If you can't do that then don't order.
i'm more surprised at the fact he's been a member of the forums 11 years and was looking for a refund...
Old 06-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #10
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Maybe he just liked ootp 15 better can we stop, get this guy help. At least he didnt say the game sucked outright like a post about a week ago
Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #11
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent814 View Post
Maybe he just liked ootp 15 better can we stop, get this guy help. At least he didnt say the game sucked outright like a post about a week ago
Intervention?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Old 06-21-2015, 11:07 PM   #12
STeK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I agree. I was having issues with OOTP 15 last year and had zero problems getting a refund. Not once did it cross my mind to post my desire for a refund in a public forum. I ended up purchasing it again a couple of patches later when the issue got fixed. I have been consistently impressed with the customer service and the dedication to fix problems.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #13
jlking
Minors (Single A)

I thought it was going to be a post about paying a now washed up starter $6 million a year to pitch in the minors - you know like I am facing right now.

I bit more information would be helpful...
Old 06-22-2015, 02:26 AM   #14
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlking View Post
I thought it was going to be a post about paying a now washed up starter $6 million a year to pitch in the minors - you know like I am facing right now.

I bit more information would be helpful...
Honestly, that's what I thought it was going to be too.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:28 AM   #15
J W
Minors (Single A)

To the member who said "Obtaining a refund does not require a post in a public forum. It takes about 90 seconds of research to know your options. If you can't do that then don't order", and then another who stated "Not once did it cross my mind to post my desire for a refund in a public forum", I ask of you both: are you serious?

Surely you can't both be naive enough to think that everybody who posts something here is expertised on how these forums work? Although I'm not anti-social, I purchased OOTP 16 in order to play it, not to be hanging around forums.

For those who tried to be helpful, I apologize for being so vague last night. I was frustrated and tired. I just wanted to go to bed.

What happened was that after spending about 10 minutes trying to set up a fictional league, an extremely invasive and unwelcomed screen popped up. It had the 'Steam' logo at the bottom and seemed to be about 'achievements'. This screen caused such a complete freeze-up that I had to restart my computer. I then went through this same process 2 more times before finally giving up!

Honestly folks, I am sick to death of companies releasing their games in an unfinished state.

For the record I use the Windows 8.1 O/S, and my computer is from 'MSI'. I have a 'core i 7 processor'........ hardly an obscure machine!

Finally I have to ask (because I sincerely don't understand): what purpose does this 'Steam' company serve anyway?

I am respectfully asking for some help with this from those who prefer to be helpful. I relate well with such people.

As for those who can only be judgemental, there's probably a website out there for you called 'throwstones.com'.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:35 AM   #16
J W
Minors (Single A)

To the member who said "Obtaining a refund does not require a post in a public forum. It takes about 90 seconds of research to know your options. If you can't do that then don't order", and then another who stated "Not once did it cross my mind to post my desire for a refund in a public forum", I ask of you both: are you serious?

Surely you can't both be naive enough to think that everybody who posts something here is expertised on how these forums work? Although I'm not anti-social, I purchased OOTP 16 in order to play it, not to be hanging around forums.

For those who tried to be helpful, I apologize for being so vague last night. I was frustrated and tired. I just wanted to go to bed.

What happened was that after spending about 10 minutes trying to set up a fictional league, an extremely invasive and unwelcomed screen popped up. It had the 'Steam' logo at the bottom and seemed to be about 'achievements'. This screen caused such a complete freeze-up that I had to restart my computer. I then went through this same process 2 more times before finally giving up!

Honestly folks, I am sick to death of companies releasing their games in an unfinished state.

For the record I use the Windows 8.1 O/S, and my computer is from 'MSI'. I have a 'core i 7 processor'........ hardly an obscure machine!

Finally I have to ask (because I sincerely don't understand): what purpose does this 'Steam' company serve anyway?

I am respectfully asking for some help with this from those who prefer to be helpful. I relate well with such people.

As for those who can only be judgemental, there's probably a website out there for you called 'throwstones.com'.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:48 AM   #17
Kent814
All Star Reserve

I would try deleting and reinstalling OOTP, usually that does the trick. If not, seek the help of a support ticket.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:58 AM   #18
J W
Minors (Single A)

Thanks..... What's a support ticket?
Old 06-22-2015, 05:32 AM   #19
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Just write what the problem is an you should get a response from the support team. You should get a response between 12-72 hours, but remember the support team is unpaid VOLUNTEER who have normal lives, so it could be a bit longer. We had a problem a while back about some dude complaining about the support dudes. In my experience they have awesome in helping me figure stuff out. Good luck and hope you get back to leading your team to October glory soon.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:08 AM   #20
bigmonk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow! If I were the owners of this company, I'd be scared. New costumers write about issues with the game and the 'old timers' jump on them with both feet. In the past, I've seen threads where people from the company tell newbies to get on the forum for answers. If the response is a swift kick in the teeth, there aren't going to be a lot of new buyers. I bought the $20 version and I sure won't drop any more money on this game. It's fun; but it's buggy and the forum is a nasty. You can't expand your business without new customers and you can't add new customers if the old ones are driving them away.
Closed Thread