Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #141
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Just wondering, Paul, if you are going to add a column to the Cornermen to show nationality? We can enter one but it won't show up.

Cap
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #142
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Paul been tinkering a bit and I noticed the RFG names are off American has mostly Russian and so on.....any updates on this please?
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #143
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Just wondering, Paul, if you are going to add a column to the Cornermen to show nationality? We can enter one but it won't show up.

Cap
On my list... Coming to a build near you soon...
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #144
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
Paul been tinkering a bit and I noticed the RFG names are off American has mostly Russian and so on.....any updates on this please?
This is a known issue... I was unable to get it done in time for R1.0, it should be in the next release...
Old 06-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #145
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
This is a known issue... I was unable to get it done in time for R1.0, it should be in the next release...
Can you also address the tournament issue I mentioned in an earlier post? This whole 32 man round robin tournament spaced out over 30 day matches only to end in one day is driving me crazy, lol.
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #146
usmc500
Bat Boy

TitleBout Championship Boxing 2013 release 1.0 issues

In the Scheduler:
  1. Click Edit
  2. Click New
  3. Select both fighters
  4. Click Save
  5. In the "Repeats" column type "500"
  6. Click Start
"Playing Scheduled Matches" message appears

Title bar of game reads "Title Bout Championship Boxing (Not Responding) - the progress bar in the Scheduler message remains at 0% and if you click on the TBCB 2013 window at this point it turns pale white (it is not updating).

Eventually it comes back, the progress bar displays 100%, and the Wins\KOs columns are filled in, but this doesn't happen on the fly, only at the end - while the fight results are being generated, the user is left to perceive the application as not responding.

Perhaps a background worker thread or something should be used here to keep the UI thread responsive.

On three occasions I received an error performing the steps above - "Application is not responding" generic message, like the exception was unhandled by the application so windows handled it.

Tested this same scenario with TBCB 2.5 and it updates properly and the UI thread remains responsive.

This is on a Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit platform with Core i7 2600K, 16 GB RAM and a GTX 690 video card using NVIDIA driver 320.18.

Great game - just trying to help! Thanks.
usmc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #147
Speck
Minors (Single A)

Linux Version

I just purchased TBCB 2013 last night so haven't had much time to experiment, but so far it seems very stable running on Slackware 14 and very light on resources. I did notice that it's checking for (possibly attempting to use?) Festival, I'm guessing for text to speech functionality. It's also attempting to launch Konqueror when viewing the bout log. I don't have either of these applications installed and the calls appear to be hard coded in the executable (I couldn't find a config file, unless it's hiding from me). In later TBCB versions would it be possible to have external application choices in a config file or possibly attempt to call a handful of different (but similar function) external apps if the default is not found? I don't think there are very many substitutes for Festival, but there are quite a few for Konqueror.

Overall, very happy to see TBCB get an overhaul and some well deserved attention.

Edit: I just created a soft link named konqueror to Firefox and it seems to work fine.

Last edited by Speck; 06-15-2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Update
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #148
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck View Post
I just purchased TBCB 2013 last night so haven't had much time to experiment, but so far it seems very stable running on Slackware 14 and very light on resources.
Cool... The reason its so stable in Linux is because it was developed on Linux Mint! Even the windows version was created with MinGW!

Quote:
I did notice that it's checking for (possibly attempting to use?) Festival, I'm guessing for text to speech functionality.
hmmm, cookies in the game? how strange.... I wonder what other hidden extras there might be.....

Quote:
It's also attempting to launch Konqueror when viewing the bout log. I don't have either of these applications installed and the calls appear to be hard coded in the executable (I couldn't find a config file, unless it's hiding from me). In later TBCB versions would it be possible to have external application choices in a config file or possibly attempt to call a handful of different (but similar function) external apps if the default is not found? I don't think there are very many substitutes for Festival, but there are quite a few for Konqueror.
As you know there are loads of different display managers and configurations. So the open URL function has a hell of a time knowing what to do. These are the steps it follows:

* is BROWSER environment variable set? if so use it!
* look for KDE, if found use kfmclient to choose app
* look for Gnome, if found use gnome-open to choose app
* otherwise default to Konqueror

So if you set the BROWSER to firefox all will be fine.. Add this to your ~/.bash_profile config, or equiverlent for your shell of choice:

export BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox

Quote:
Overall, very happy to see TBCB get an overhaul and some well deserved attention.
Thank you... Glad you like it..

Last edited by pisdpaul; 06-15-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #149
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing in a newly-created fictional universe with middleweights only.

I'm having a problem with fight cards. Using the 'edit' button in the upper right corner to apply the venue date and name to each bout worked for the first card I ran, but not for the second. In other words, the venue and date I picked manually did not show up in the fighter history. The date and venue in the main fight card window appeared instead.

For the third card, even when I made sure I clicked 'update fighter history' the card results did not show up for the fighters.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #150
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Something else I noticed after setting up and running a fight card:

On the 'Fighters' page I have guys I manually added to a fight card, who show career earnings, but no fight history.

Even when I double click on the fighter and look at his fight history, it shows no fights.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 06-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #151
chaleyit
Major Leagues

My Issues

My issues are with the design more so than technical Here goes

1)I do not like the smaller fighter pictures. Some of us are older and we don't have great eye sight like we used to.

2)IN the old game you could see the fighters condition without leaving the traits screen. The condition tab under the picture has been removed. I am not fond of that.

3)Getting the fighter list when setting up a fight card is very slow. Used to be nearly instantaneous in the old game. Now it can take up to 10 seconds. This makes setting up multiple cards very tedious, and takes much longer.

4) I liked the way the old game displayed the multicolored bars for the fighters' traits, Made it much easier to see the differences as they changed during the fight.

5)When transferring the old database from TB2.5, why would you not transfer the fight cards. They all have to be redone this is a tedious double effort. Makes no sens to me.

6) The old game gave a much broader choice for the speed of the simulation, rather than slow - normal - fast. We had a much broader choice.

7) The new game does not show the history of common opponents for the combatants before the fight as the old game did. Why would you take a feature away?

8) I really don't see that much change in the play by play. Amendment, after more simulations, I did notice that a lot of frivolous comments are gone. My bad!!!

9) Selecting random for the referee does not work. You always get Jay Refferson, this is a carry over from the old game, There is no random selection of the referee. Amendment. After playing more fight cards I was able to get some refs to come up when choosing random, but Jay Refferson comes up much more then the others.

10) In the play by play, the wrong fighter was mentioned as having a swollen eye,

11) I do not like that I have to keep hitting the back button to get out of an operation, the old game gave us the option of 'close' and we did not have to click as many times.

Overall I think everyone did a great job on the this game, and I love the discount on the price. But I think the old game was much easier to navigate and had better features. For my bucks I will take the old game.

That is my 11 cents.

Last edited by chaleyit; 06-18-2013 at 08:47 AM.
chaleyit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #152
chaleyit
Major Leagues

Alignment Issues

I have encountered some alignment issues. So far they are in two places, there may be more.

In the organizations ranking screen, the last few characters of the fighters record are not displayed. This is only true when the record is over a certain length. Marvin Hagler's record displays as follows; 21-0-0(1

On the fighters list screen, the ranking is cut off if the fighter is ranking number is greater than 99. The third digit is not displayed.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #153
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I have to agree with many of Chaleyit's observations. Especially #1, #3, #6, #7 and #11.

A couple other things: I don't understand why, once you create and run a fight card, the data [venue and fighters] remain on the fight card screen. You have to clear it before setting up a new card. And I don't understand why the date at the top of the card still shows up in the fighter's history even when you manually choose a different date when you set up the fight, and then click where it says to apply that date to all of the bouts on the card.

I also agree that TBCB version 2.5 was much easier to navigate.

I appreciate Paul's work and the work of the playtesting team. But I hope some of the issues being found now that the game has been released will be fixed soon.

As it is, just the problems I have had setting up cards and seeing the results in the fighter's personal history make it really difficult to spend any time with the game. And I have not even tried to import my universe from version 2.5.

Last edited by Antonin; 06-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #154
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Another issue:

On the Fighters screen, when you click "Column > Change" and look at the list of columns you can choose to show, it says...

"Fighters nation
Fighters first name"

...etc.

It should be

"Fighter's nation
Fighter's first name"

...etc.

Or maybe just say "Nation," "First Name," etc.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #155
chaleyit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
IAnd I have not even tried to import my universe from version 2.5.
Antonin, the import worked fine when I executed it. The only thing is that the program seemed to hang when the status bar hit 100% It sat there for what seemed like a minute or more. If you experience this, just wait as it will end and everything (except the fight cards) will be ported over.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #156
jerem77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

maybe i'm doing something wrong but the auto-aging by fights doesn't seem to be working. It's a new game started in v1.0 and I am using RFG fighters and the auto-scheduler. I
jerem77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #157
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

A minor thing but i find confusing when there is a fight between a 'black' Marciano and a 'white' Foreman. Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks, Gerry
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #158
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
A minor thing but i find confusing when there is a fight between a 'black' Marciano and a 'white' Foreman. Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks, Gerry
No sorry Gerry there isn't, the only way around this for now would be when you are setting up the fight would be to remember to select Marciano as the fighter on the left side of the screen and Foreman on the right side as once the fight starts the graphics will ALWAYS have the white fighter on the left and the black fighter on the right.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #159
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Chaleyit, regarding your number 6, you can go into config settings and adjust the speed of the commentary. Have to agree with your #1 and #7 and #9.

There are a lot of insightful comments and suggestions on this forum. There are a few, some from noobs, that make we wince when I read them, and make me happy I'm not Paul.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 06-19-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #160
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerem77 View Post
maybe i'm doing something wrong but the auto-aging by fights doesn't seem to be working. It's a new game started in v1.0 and I am using RFG fighters and the auto-scheduler. I
Might need just a wee bit more detail....

Cap