Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #121
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Maybe researchers should be given access to video to evaluate speed, puck skills, etc.

Last edited by monkeyman576; 10-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #122
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Well this is a nice surprise.

How related to OOTP will the game be? Will it be an entirely separate game, or will it "borrow" certain aspects of OOTP? It would make sense to build off of OOTP, especially in terms of database elements and the GUI codebase. No sense re-inventing the wheel.

Will it incorporate facegen? I sure hope so.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #123
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
eliteprospects.com is way better than hdb, though.
But for the historical parts it's better. Just check by exemple the difference between those two.

1970 Quebec Remparts at Hockey Database
1970 Quebec Remparts at Elite prospects
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #124
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
But for the historical parts it's better. Just check by exemple the difference between those two.

1970 Quebec Remparts at Hockey Database
1970 Quebec Remparts at Elite prospects
Yeah, we're working on completing the early years. I think we've got the NHL all done, but you've got a point.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #125
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

For historical database: I would love to have one and I will do everything in my power (as in whatever I can code) to build one with people who are interested in building one up. If we would find a source to get players career stats in some form I could code an importer and a lot of work would be removed from researchers. But as far as I know no database (like Lahman for Baseball) exists, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Well this is a nice surprise.

How related to OOTP will the game be? Will it be an entirely separate game, or will it "borrow" certain aspects of OOTP? It would make sense to build off of OOTP, especially in terms of database elements and the GUI codebase. No sense re-inventing the wheel.

Will it incorporate facegen? I sure hope so.
The game is build on a different GUI framework but we make sure that the general look & feel of OOTP 13 carries over to the hockey project. A lot of stuff is already done (way before it joined OOTP Developments) but is pretty similar to how OOTP works. We will share some code where it makes sense, one will be the news and storyline engine.

For facegen, I talked to Andreas about it and from a source code standpoint it would be doable but we need to buy another license so I can not give you a final answer on that.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #126
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

Quick question will it be player career mode or managerial?
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #127
The Funk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I can program (to some extent), and intend to do just that eventually unless OOTP or someone beat me to it lol.
Yes, do it! if anyone can make a good Football game it's us Brits.

The Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #128
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to all of the HF'ers that have checked this thread out!

I'm glad we've tapped into the vast wealth of knowledge, and more importantly passion from hockey fans that are basically dying for a fresh text sim to replace EHM.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #129
golander40
Major Leagues

If help is needed

I was a big NHL fan in the late 1940's and the 1950's--if help is needed for ratings,I'd be glad to give my opinions. (yes I am that old)
If pressed I could probably,still name the starting lines for every team in the NHL during that time period (including Defense-Goalies).
Gil The Ancient One
golander40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #130
cibl commish
All Star Reserve

Can't wait for this one. EHM was great and I still fire it up now and then but a nice fresh OOTP-esque hockey sim is just what the doctor ordered.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #131
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

I would definetly be on board for helping and if you need a lahman type dbase for this project, I would be all for helping to build that! It would be nice to recreate seasons similar to OOTP with lahman or even import players from different eras, etc. Let's get this baby going! I can even help market it here on this side of the pond!
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #132
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
For historical database: I would love to have one and I will do everything in my power (as in whatever I can code) to build one with people who are interested in building one up. If we would find a source to get players career stats in some form I could code an importer and a lot of work would be removed from researchers. But as far as I know no database (like Lahman for Baseball) exists, right?

The game is build on a different GUI framework but we make sure that the general look & feel of OOTP 13 carries over to the hockey project. A lot of stuff is already done (way before it joined OOTP Developments) but is pretty similar to how OOTP works. We will share some code where it makes sense, one will be the news and storyline engine.

For facegen, I talked to Andreas about it and from a source code standpoint it would be doable but we need to buy another license so I can not give you a final answer on that.
Just sent you a PM about a database.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #133
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

The hockey db site is one of the best place to get stats but I don't know if it requires manual work to put it together or if there is a ay to extrct things. Either way I don't mind spearheading a project like this and I am sure we can get tons of volunteers. Just need to know the format of the dbase.

The Internet Hockey Database -- Hockey Statistics, Data, Logos, and Trading Cards

Last edited by RBLwebguy; 10-20-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #134
21C
Minors (Triple A)

There is a Lahman-style database that can be downloaded from hockey-databank : hockey-databank

You just need a Yahoo ID to join the group.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #135
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
Just need to know the format of the dbase.
I can give it a try if you let us know the format too. I guess you will use a master file for the basic info + an offensive file (kind of like the batting.csv for OOTP)

Just an exemple with one player

Joe Malone

Of course a file for the team id, the franchise progression and some others are necessary too.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Master.csv (9.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: csv Offense.csv (12.1 KB, 76 views)
Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #136
Uros
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Good luck with the project
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #137
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Hockey-Reference.com | Hockey Statistics and History

Obviously a good resource.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #138
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Smile

Awesome news!!! Been quite awhile since I posted or even visited here but all someone has to do is say "hockey" and I'm all ears
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #139
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorseMoose View Post
Incomplete as the game isn't only center around the NHL...
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #140
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Incomplete as the game isn't only center around the NHL...
That doesn't mean it isn't a good resource. It's just not all encomapssing.

Just like Baseball reference, Football reference, and Basketball reference, they're all incomplete, but certainly good resources.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote