Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
overkiller
Minors (Double A)

What player KILLS YOU

Brian Giles from 2000 on.. Effin' hated that guy. He killed my team no matter what. He'd be batting .233 and got 7 for 12 with 2 HR and 8 RBI in a series against me.

And Bret Gardner, current ML rosters. He kills me too. Right now he's .571 in 14 games against me. Oh and his YTD batting average? .264.

Anyone else have someone who kills your team regardless of how they are performing in the season?
overkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Any pitcher that I released or traded away, for any reason whatsoever, always wins at least the next 4 meetings against my team; regardless of their record. I had a guy, pitched for me for 7 years -nothing spectacular, but good for 12 wins- After a abysmal contract year, in which his ERA was over 5, and he was e-mailing me extension demands that were much more than I could afford, and my scout downgraded him to half a star (vel. 9 stuf 8 and control 6). I decided not to tender an offer. He signed with a division rival (for league minimum, about 1/20th of what he asked me for) and even though he finished that season 5-12 with a 5.86 era (and 90 k in 160+ innings), he went 4-0 against us; 2 were shutouts, and we never scored more than 2 in a game. The next season, he was moved to the bullpen, and even though it was only for an inning and change, he continued to dominate us.
This is one example, I'm sure I'm exaggerating when I say it happens all the time, but it has happened quite often.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Kev24fan...I wont put his real name in here, but i add him to every league I have. In 1 league he hit .358 with 22 sb vs my Chicago Fire. I eventually traded for him. I match him up with Eddie Collins, his fav player. In another league after 4 sns he has hot my team at .410 3 hr 12 sb. There's also this player Joe Fullerton SS, who has played for 5 teams in 9 yrs and hits my team at .425 12 hr 54 rbi 29 sb in 9 sns. He seems to be on every rival I have each yr. He also has been on each team to beat me in the WS. 5-3 record.
Since I play multiple era's for real players I can list about 5 more players, but the above 2 players are my biggest problems when I face their teams.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
MadBum
Minors (Triple A)

This was in OOTP 8 way back in the day, but I traded what I believed to be a failed prospect in Stephen Marek away to my division rival Padres, figuring he'd end up being nothing. When he started Opening Day two years later and threw a no-hitter, including striking out the guy I traded him for 3 times, I realized I might have been wrong. So yeah, he owned me.