Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
blackmonday
Bat Boy

Field Manager vs. General manager

Hello,

I'm new to the game. I downloaded it yesterday and fiddled around with a quick start to see what was available to me. I'm loving it thus far. I think I've finally found something to replace my late eighties version of Pursue the Pennant that I played up until the death of my 286...

I've a question:

Is it possible to play this game as the field manager for a team, choosing line-ups every game, executing defensive shifts, hit and run, steals, and even pitch selection (similar to the old PTP game), but leave the general manger job to the computer? i'd like to do both someday, but have really missed the in game management experience and hope to be able to do this here.

Cheers
blackmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
zjl630
Minors (Single A)

You may have figured out that when you are a minor league manager, you get to do all these things regularly, however, if you are in charge of a major league team, your title is GM. If you go into manager options, on the right side you will see quite a few different options depending on how much control you want to have. You just select the amount of control you want.

As for playing out games, you need to sim to a day on the schedule that has a game for your team, then click "Play Ball" on the manager home page near the bottom, set preferences, lineups, and whatever else you want to there, and you are ready to go.

Hope this helps.

Zach
Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
The Fuss
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On a related question, I'm serving as the GM for a 1995 Cardinals team and Joe Torre is the "manager" - at the end of the season when I go to the Manager History screens it shows both Joe and me with identical "manager" records. Seems like my name shouldn't be listed there as I am the GM and not the manager. Is this a "flaw" in the game or am I forgetting to do something?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
zjl630
Minors (Single A)

It is a necessary evil when it comes to the OOTP games. You can't technically be the manager of a ML team, but it will still list your record.