Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 03:36 AM   #81
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

garlon/spritz: any reason why this won't run on OOTP 08? Causes a crash. Also no readme instructions. I tried 2 ways: 1) Just exactly as you created it; and 2) copying all Lahman files into a folder, then copying your files into the same folder and allowing it to overwrite. Neither way works in 08.

Tips?

Will it work in OOTP 07? Instructions?
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #82
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Iwfm

I use way two (2) and it works for me in both versions. (at least it worked once in a row)

So I don't have any good ideas what might be goofy in your setup. I don't have any bad ideas either.

Sorry.
The Idea Man who has no ideas
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #83
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I'll try again and see what happens.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #84
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Make sure you have the other Lahman CSV files included. SO you have the Spritze/GArlon Master, batting, fielding, fieldingOF and Pitcher and the rest of the Lahman files. I think the main one the game needs is the teams.csv, but I include them all.
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #85
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Spritze/Garlon,

I noticed an anomoly on Bob Watson

Watson batted once in 1966 (ph only so no position data)
he played in 6 games(14 AB) in 1967 and played 3 games at 1B
1968 he played 45 games(140 AB) and played 40 in LF none at 1B

You have the fielding data correct but your batting data shows
1966 75 games 249 AB (this is a real problem with no fielding data)
1967 76 games 251 AB
1968 78 ganes 251 AB

Seems inconsistent.

Thanks
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #86
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I use way two (2) and it works for me in both versions. (at least it worked once in a row)

So I don't have any good ideas what might be goofy in your setup. I don't have any bad ideas either.

Sorry.
The Idea Man who has no ideas
That works for me as well. There are some things that can improve the db. I've mentioned the fielding.csv file earlier. Also, the nickname field in the master file has to be edited for every player. If that's not done, you get errors in the play-by-play when the game looks for a nickname.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #87
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Bristolduke: That is not an anomoly. It is the way Mr. Garlon insisted it should be. In Version 2 I am going to adjust this. It bugs me too. Fielding should track with games played. 250ab's or so are the minimum allowed in this db so games/innings in the field should flow along with that.

swampdragon: Nicknames seem to work for me in PBP. Is it due to the length of some? I have yet to notice any challenges in names of the nick. They can be removed but I'd like to try to save them if possible. Any ideas?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #88
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bristolduke: That is not an anomoly. It is the way Mr. Garlon insisted it should be. In Version 2 I am going to adjust this. It bugs me too. Fielding should track with games played. 250ab's or so are the minimum allowed in this db so games/innings in the field should flow along with that.

swampdragon: Nicknames seem to work for me in PBP. Is it due to the length of some? I have yet to notice any challenges in names of the nick. They can be removed but I'd like to try to save them if possible. Any ideas?
The nickname fields in my download have all been cleared and replaced with a single space. The players come up on the player screen with ' ' between their first and last names, even the ones that had nicknames in Lahman.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 AM   #89
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Got it working. Must have done something wrong in creating the new folder, copying Lahman, then overwriting with Garlon. Everything fine now. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #90
tkirch
Minors (Double A)

I notice that when I import some strarting pitchers lose their ENDURANCE down to 8. Any reason for this?
tkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #91
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This is by design as that is how Mr. Garlon wanted it.

In the next version this will not be so.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #92
Aytumious
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not sure why exactly, but I imported a 1997 season and the Braves only have 23 players in their entire organization.

They have only 8 pitchers:

Maddux
Smoltz
Glavine
Neagle
Bielecki
Wohlers
Wade
Clontz

Any ideas why this is the case?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ATL/1997.shtml

Embree, Byrd, Millwood, Fox, etc. don't exist anywhere in the universe.

Other teams seem fine, though they only have 26-30 players. I setup the DB by extracting Lahman first then copying your DB over the that.
Aytumious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #93
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The db edits sorta halt in 1997 so it probably has something to do with that. This is another thing that will be changed with the next version. I am going all the way to the current Lahman rather than stopping a decade early. I think Mr. G wanted to halt there due to some of the weirder edits he wanted made but most of those I have dropped and I have not seen any challenges like this using the latest Lahman up through last year -2007.

Hopefully Version 2 will be out by March. I have made the necessary changes based on what has been reported here. If any other problems crop up please note them in this thread.

Thankee
Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #94
Aytumious
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The db edits sorta halt in 1997 so it probably has something to do with that. This is another thing that will be changed with the next version. I am going all the way to the current Lahman rather than stopping a decade early. I think Mr. G wanted to halt there due to some of the weirder edits he wanted made but most of those I have dropped and I have not seen any challenges like this using the latest Lahman up through last year -2007.

Hopefully Version 2 will be out by March. I have made the necessary changes based on what has been reported here. If any other problems crop up please note them in this thread.

Thankee
Thanks.

I have a question. I'd prefer to use your set because of the normalizing you've done, but I may start a franchise with the Gambo set while I wait for your update. Is it possible to take the defensive files that you've created and copy those over what is in the Gambo set? I'd much prefer your setup. I'm guessing it would be fine, with the only potential problem being that Gambo is setup to add players when they were originally signed as opposed to when they made their debut.

If it is possible, which files would I use?

Edit:
Actually, it looks like your FieldingOF file only goes to 1995. Correct?

Last edited by Aytumious; 02-05-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Aytumious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #95
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Just copy over the fielding and fieldingof files. Howsomeever if you do this you will have years with no fielding data at all since the db's have different starting points.

Debuts are controlled by the master so that should be okey-dokey as well.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #96
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Just finished version 2 build1 of the db for OOTP8/2007. I forgot to take it home with me this weekend but once I am back at work I'll get it posted.
Fixed all the issues mentioned here and added 2007 Major league data.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #97
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Spritz, where are you?

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #98
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I took most of Monday off

I am sitting in a chair at a desk programming manufacturing equipment so digital art files can be used to create printing plates so the boxes around products you buy can look pretty when you recycle them.

Where are you?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #99
greendiver
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
The nickname fields in my download have all been cleared and replaced with a single space. The players come up on the player screen with ' ' between their first and last names, even the ones that had nicknames in Lahman.
Baseball is right around the corner, so I fired up OOTP with the Spritze/garlon database to set up a league and ran into the problem above. Didn't see a reply to this issue. Were the nicknames removed by design, or will they be back in the pending version 2
greendiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #100
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Yes they will be back.