Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

No Rosters? ... Let's Get to Work.

Alright guys...

I know I've been in and out over the last few months, and I hope I've explained why since then. I know a lot of people were waiting on rosters by me for a few different games of the OOTP genre since then and were let down. For that I apologize. But I would like to think that when I'm at 100% (ha!) I'm reliable.

Anyway, here's the scoop. Job has taken a back seat, and all my initial work (about 40 hours a week plus wonderful Economics degree classes) is done. I have virtually no responsibilities until I have to get serious with life in September. SO...

Let's get a roster set done for all of you guys who have been patient with me out there.

I have been sitting here loading up OOTP for the first time in a few months, realizing that the folly of my ways is getting in WAY over my head. I like to think big, dream big, and think of roster sets with 500000 prospects, leagues down to 8 year-old's t-ball, yada yada. So let's concentrate on majors, minor leaguers that matter for now (who cares about a 25 year old in Single-A that is never going to even see AA for now?).

I do need help. That's where you guys come in. I know a lot of you have PM'ed me while I was gone asking if you can help, the resounding answer is YES. Don't think that because I wasn't here to answer you that I didn't want/need your help, nothing could be further from the truth. Icy, I know we talked about using your templates, are they still going strong? Would love to incorporate them.

My plan for action here is to build releases from the ground up and let YOU guys see them as the progress. Since we can now add minor leagues as we want, I'm thinking about just creating an initial set to include ONE (or maybe 2-3) level of minors with all of the important to semi-important minor leaguers in that level. From there, we can add levels (and players at those levels) until we finish, but you can have something to play with until then and not have to sit around on your hands! Heck, we played that way with old OOTP versions, so why not this one for now I suppose?

Anyway, since I haven't fired up this game in a while, I'm trying to figure out what I need to do this all. I could probably use guys to work on stadiums, managers, etc. If I fix up this initial file, and release it in this thread, you guys could get to work on it and send me the individual .dat files I THINK (manager.dat, whatever) and that way we can save some time.

Is this wanted? I am way out of the loop when it comes to the community, but I am definatly back for good now. I just don't know where rosters are sitting, but it looks like we could really use something, ANYTHING, to play for now.

Wanna help?
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Also, how is the long term option of importing all history for the file looking? Should I go ahead and do it, or is it clogging things up to have history from 1900-2006 in there?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
Go Middies
Minors (Single A)

Dude, if you need a little help from someone who doesn't have BA access, give me a shout. I'll help however I can.
Go Middies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to piggyback on your post, Cubby.

First of all, I am willing to lend a hand on this project. However, I realize I have some limitations. And I know there are many others members of this community who can say the same.

What I believe we really need more than anything at this point is organization. Perhaps someone can serve as a "project manager" to get this thing together. What I'm envisioning is this...

Everyone sets aside egos and we pool our resources together to create the ultimate roster set. That is, we proposition DarkCloud and AirmenSmith to combine their rosters, get Erich in on it with the rosters he's been working on, and use this amalgamation as the basis for an uber-set. Then we recruit people to work on various aspects of the set (Ok, I know this has been done before, but I'm talking about a concerted effort to maintain order and delegate tasks.)

We can call this the Community Roster Project.

Perhaps this is too ambitious. But I think this could be the definitive roster set, the one that once and for all satisfies our insatiable roster needs.
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

There was a "community roster" for NFL 2k5 on Xbox. It was a great effort until egos started to get in the way. Hopefully that won't happen with this. I am willing to help in any way possible. This thread has me fired up....i don't know how i am going to get through work tomorrow knowing that a Cubbyfan roster set is in the works.
Underlined.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #6
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Okay, it was not this hard before.

How on EARTH do I release someone into free agency? I feel like a newbie here, but I put myself in charge of the commissioner position (like I have in all previous sets) and now if I right-click I only have the option of retiring a player?

Am I missing something? Is this really what being gone for a month and a half does to you?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Okay, it was not this hard before.

How on EARTH do I release someone into free agency? I feel like a newbie here, but I put myself in charge of the commissioner position (like I have in all previous sets) and now if I right-click I only have the option of retiring a player?

Am I missing something? Is this really what being gone for a month and a half does to you?
haha. I don't have the game in front of me but i believe; With the player highlighted, click on the Action button(at the bottom) and choose release. If you are just updating player moves right now maybe you should check out what Airmen released...i think it was your beta roster with up to date transactions. It could save you a lot of time...
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 AM   #8
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

ACK. I just realized that I left my OLD old copy of a pre-release beta in while installing over. I'm sure that's the problem.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
ACK. I just realized that I left my OLD old copy of a pre-release beta in while installing over. I'm sure that's the problem.
Good luck dude. I am going to bed...look forward to checking in tomorrow to see what's going down.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #10
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

I too have an abundance of available time and would LOVE to help with a project like this. I recently finished a university program and am taking the summer off to just have fun before heading abroad for work.

As far as importing entire history goes, I personally think that is a must. Reasoning? I love to see the history of the leagues. In addition, the news items tell us just how many championships a team has won. ie say the Jays win the World Series with these rosters, it will say it has been their 3rd championship in team history if the entire league history is imported, 1st if not imported.

As for releasing players, I believe you need to "Act As..." that particular team in order to make roster moves.

Like I said, I'd love to help in any way I can. PM me if you like. I'll be up for a few more hours anyways.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #11
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
I too have an abundance of available time and would LOVE to help with a project like this. I recently finished a university program and am taking the summer off to just have fun before heading abroad for work.

As far as importing entire history goes, I personally think that is a must. Reasoning? I love to see the history of the leagues. In addition, the news items tell us just how many championships a team has won. ie say the Jays win the World Series with these rosters, it will say it has been their 3rd championship in team history if the entire league history is imported, 1st if not imported.
I agree -- I do believe (game is busy right now) that there's a "delete history" button anyway for those who had their computers clogged up by the tons of history.

Of course, I'm not sure if I want the game to tell me the Cubs have just won their first World Series in 99 years to remind me.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #12
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

Well hey, as long as there is an imported history in this roster file, I'd definitely be happy and glad to help with stadiums or other roster aspect.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #13
randomlefty10
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
I'd like to piggyback on your post, Cubby.

First of all, I am willing to lend a hand on this project. However, I realize I have some limitations. And I know there are many others members of this community who can say the same.

What I believe we really need more than anything at this point is organization. Perhaps someone can serve as a "project manager" to get this thing together. What I'm envisioning is this...

Everyone sets aside egos and we pool our resources together to create the ultimate roster set. That is, we proposition DarkCloud and AirmenSmith to combine their rosters, get Erich in on it with the rosters he's been working on, and use this amalgamation as the basis for an uber-set. Then we recruit people to work on various aspects of the set (Ok, I know this has been done before, but I'm talking about a concerted effort to maintain order and delegate tasks.)

We can call this the Community Roster Project.

Perhaps this is too ambitious. But I think this could be the definitive roster set, the one that once and for all satisfies our insatiable roster needs.
echo, lets get some concentrated effort to get the organization setup properly (teams, players, prospects etc) and then maybe people can make their individualized sets based on how they decide to rate players.

Find your passion, embrace it, and leave the world a better place than you found it.
randomlefty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 AM   #14
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

From what I understand, Erich is very close, I'm just trying to put something out to hold us over (if need be, unless he releases soon) until his set is completed.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:26 AM   #15
disdaman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

is there an easy way or any way at all to import the entire history of MLB into a game such as one of the two rosters that are made? I know you can import it through historical leagues but is there a way to get it in there with pre made games?
disdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:37 AM   #16
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From what I understand, Erich is very close, I'm just trying to put something out to hold us over (if need be, unless he releases soon) until his set is completed.
Hey cubby good to see you back. I don't know if you plan on using your beta rosters that where out already but if you do then what you could do is download the roster set that I updated. The roster set is yours just a more updated version of it. On my thread it says what was updated. Its not perfect but its a more up to date version of yours.
AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 AM   #17
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

How's the beta holding up in the conversion to 2007? That's all I'm worried about, since there were some glitches with it before. Any luck?

I'm crashing for the night, I'll probably post Arizona tomorrow for you guys to have a looksie at.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #18
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How's the beta holding up in the conversion to 2007? That's all I'm worried about, since there were some glitches with it before. Any luck?

I'm crashing for the night, I'll probably post Arizona tomorrow for you guys to have a looksie at.
Before I put out the file for everyone to download I simmed ahead about 6 or 7 seasons and a couple times I did I had a run time error, but the error has to do with the game itself and not the file. The error happened 3 out of 6 times. But one time it happened in 2010,the next 2008, and then 2012. So this was a random error. But other then that I had no errors in the game.
AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #19
mattkma
Major Leagues

Cubby - welcome back! I for one would vote for the history to be included. It is the depth that makes the roster set "more real" - if that makes sense. I'd be willing to do some work on it as well. Is there anyway each team could be assigned to people. They fix the team with correct players and then re-submit?

Carp
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #20
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkma View Post
Cubby - welcome back! I for one would vote for the history to be included. It is the depth that makes the roster set "more real" - if that makes sense. I'd be willing to do some work on it as well. Is there anyway each team could be assigned to people. They fix the team with correct players and then re-submit?

Carp
That would be a good idea. I think everyone seems to have their own expertise on a certain team. I'm thinkin this might go smoother if the people that are going to help share AIM names through PM and chat on there...what do you think?